I did some rough calculations and Legion has no map pressure.
I was doing some math, and I'm convinced that Feral Frenzy is not a mobility power. The problem is, I could only gather rough estimates. The reason I did this calculation is because I'm concerned that Feral Frenzy might actually be LESS mobile than simply moving at 110% speed.
So, I wasn't able to get exact calculations, but I was able to make tight estimates.
Default Frenzy duration: 5-6 seconds
Fatigue duration: 2-3 seconds
Fatigue movement speed: 2.26 meters/second (Survivor walking speed)
Even using the most generous numbers possible—a 6-second Frenzy and 2-second fatigue, the math looks grim:
5.28 (Feral Frenzy movement speed) x 6 = 31.68 + 4.52 (distance covered in 2-second post-frenzy fatigue) = 36.2 meters covered in 8 seconds.
By comparison, 4.4 x 8 = 35.2, only 1 meter less than the calculation of the distance covered in a default run of Feral Frenzy. And that's using the most generous numbers I could. The Frenzy could easily be shorter, the fatigue longer, and the post-Frenzy movespeed slower.
Some of you may be thinking, "Well, just run addons" or "Just use the lunge exploit". While you may have a point, my complaint is this:
Legion's power is a Sprint Burst. A literal Sprint Burst. All it does is make him go faster. And yet, despite this, it cannot cover a substantial more amount of distance than simply walking forward at 110% speed, unless you run addons or abuse an exploit. That's not good. It's really not.
Now, a counter to this complaint might be that Frenzy is meant to chain hits, i.e. it is a chase power, not a pressure one. But the thing is, it should absolutely be both. There is only one Killer in the game who moves below 115 movement speed and has no extra mobility, and that's the Huntress. And you know what she has to make up for it? Hunting hatchets. Ranged. Weapons. Legion has nothing but his M1 and a Sprint Burst that very possibly makes him less mobile UNLESS AN EXPLOIT IS ABUSED. Not to mention, every single power that makes a Killer faster can be used as mobility except for Frenzy. Wraith's cloak, Nurse's blink, Billy's chainsaw, Hag's teleportation, and Spirit's phasewalk are all highly mobile. Why should a power that cannot chase only give bonus speed to be used as a chase power to a 110 speed Killer?
Comments
chaining hits during frenzy is not an exploit, that's like saying looking down on nurse to counter a survivor running towards you is an exploit.
I wasn't calling hit-chaining an exploit. I was calling lunge spamming an exploit.
How could hit-chaining possibly be an exploit? That's literally the primary intent of his power.
I meant lunge-spamming. It's not an exploit.
It really is, though. It's taking advantage of the mechanics of Legion and utilizing them in a way that was not intended to happen and should not happen.
Granted, it's not an exploit I think needs to be completely discarded and forgotten about, because it's not unfair—it gives Legion the help he needs. Rather, it's an exploit I think needs to be replaced with non-exploitative advantages.
What is the lunge thing? I've never heard of that?
tbh they should just make his lunge-speed the standard speed and just keep the lunge's mechanic without closing distance, ofc the speedaddons would have to be nerfed a bit then.
The idea here is that it allows you to vault and pings survivors. If you do the same calculations for the blink, you would get about 115% movement speed. But nurse is a 94% (iirc) killer since it allows her to pass through any obstacle.
The Legios has nothing. We already knew that.
I am still laughing at all those people that call Legion "uncounterable".
It is "impossible" to win against him in a chase.
The Nurse moves slower than Survivor running speed, but her blinks make her move at an average of 115%, and in many cases, she gets around much faster than 115% Killers because her blinks allow her to phase through walls and obstacles that Killers would otherwise have to move around.
Legion is a 110% speed Killer, and his power makes him move at a SLOWER average speed without addons or a wonky lunge mechanic.
Do you see the difference?
Admittedly, I haven't timed it myself, but for the stun from frenzy to be a whole third of the time of frenzy seems a bit off. I need to check some videos that has full frenzy runs with no hits and no addons as well as the stun time. For some reason, I remember the run time to be more multiplicative of the stun time. Reading this is making me question my core judgement of time.
You’re right his frenzy isn’t good for map pressure.
When using Feral Frenzy, spamming the lunge attack makes you go faster than simply running forward because of the reduced missed attack cooldown.
Legion isn't meant to pressure the map. Legion is meant to pressure the survivors directly by forcing them to take time to heal or get stuck in tunnel chases. All of their pressure is applied to making survivors waste time mending or running rather than doing gens. You're also not taking into account the psychological effect of Legion. Legion is probably the highest rate of survivor dc's out of any recently released killer. No one wants to play against even a bad Legion.
@ReikoMori
So you want to bring DCs to the table?
That crap survivor behavior got Freddy nerfed. Because "so many DC against him" and the Devs thought it is because he is "to strong". *lol*
Survivor DC on killer that they need to change their way to play. They refuse to adjust. Survivor DCs during trials should be punished much much harder.
The problem with that is:
A) Healing is pointless against Legion because he’ll either by Frenzying or a 110 M1 Killer. This means Frenzy actually makes gems go FASTER once he’s in a chase and everyone else has mended.
B) Legion is a 110 Killer whose power cannot chase, meaning he relies on his M1. He NEEDS additional map presence.
C) If it doesn’t get him around the map, then Survivors can take away his presence by spreading out, which already hard-counters him because it prevents him from chaining hits, something his power already spectacularly fails at if the Survivors aren’t grouped together.
Ok then. What should we do to solve this problem? I vote we up the duration and decrease the fatigue time slightly
I vote we buff the movement speed, especially since Legion already sucks at chaining hits in the first place—you know, the thing he was designed to do.
ppl are pissed about m2 legion, yet the devs don't give legion a viable way to play as a M1 killer.