4 Original killers in a row for a deal with starbreeze, is that true?
Hi guys, I've read in recent days that "Behavior" has released 4 original killers in a row because they had an agreement with starbreeze that "forced" to create 4 original killers in a row, so no killer licensed in the last year have been published.
Can someone confirm? Because I did not find anything online
Comments
Starbreeze is no longer affiliated with Behavior or Dead By Daylight so I find it incredibly hard to believe.
Also, even if it was true, why would it matter?
Starbreeze has had nothing to do with DbD for a while now, thankfully.
In fact, just because they are divided I don't understand how this agreement can work
it is not a matter of important or not important, I'd be curious to know if it's true, because they said they would alternate killer licensees and original killers, and instead we had four in a row
When and how did they say they'd be doing that?
I dont see why starbreeze would request that or why BHVR should accept that
but in fact also at me seems absurd, I don't know where it comes out of this thing
That deal seems a bit silly because I don't think starbreeze would even gain anything out of that, I doubt it's true. Even if it were, then thanks to that I ended up with my favorite killer to this day (Spirit) and gives us more killers (and survivors) we can get cosmetics for.
Again, I doubt it's true though.
You can find details of the deal here: https://www.starbreeze.com/2018/03/starbreeze-sells-rights-to-dead-by-daylight-to-behaviour-for-usd-16-million/
But it would be pretty silly to do that since Starbreeze recieves royalties from sales as part of that. Licensed killers are great, but there's also a lot of ideas for original killers in the works too.
that's the news that starbreeze no longer worked with behavior, it has nothing to do with what I wrote
Yes it does. It proves their was no such clause in the deal. It doesn't matter if the killers are original or licensed, Starbreeze will get a cut of the profits until Behaviour pays off the 12 million dollars.
@PeanitsY know what, reading that article makes me want to support the game even more.
I'm off to the store to buy me some Auric cell cosmetics! :)
To be honest, original killers allow a lot more creativity in aesthetic and gameplay.
Sure, Michael Myers is iconic, but his gameplay isn't... particularly interesting from either side.
Comparatively, the Hag, Spirit, and Legion were a lot more interesting.
Shut your blasphemous mouth! Michael Myers is one of my favorite killers. To play as or against. If you wanted to make a point about licensed killers then you should have mentioned Freddy. Or maybe Leatherface. Leave Michael out of this!
I would disagree there. Myers is the only killer to this day that still creeps me out. I love turning around to see him just staring at me.
Beat me to it. Turning around after completing a generator just to find Myers staring at you... allowing you to think you were safe...
Creepy man.
Hey! I love the fact that Leatherface plays as a focussed killing machine. I'm not sure what it feels like to be a 300lb 6'4" inbred cannibal transvestite with a lump hammer, chainsaw and fetish for farm animals and skinning teens, but it can't be far off the experience of giving Leatherdaddy a rip-roar! There is a real purity to it IMO!
If true, it could be related to some marketing agreement. While Starbreeze is no longer in the DbD business besides royalties, any prior contract is still to be fulfilled. Or... maybe Starbreeze was only interested in getting their full money paid and new a licensed killer could slow down the payment given the cost?
DAMN. Starbreeze won 86.5% of the game's proceeds in the circumstance. That's insane!
Exactly. Don't scrimp in the cosmetic store!