Blood Warden buff idea
Credit to @Luigifan64 for inspiring this idea in a different thread. Current Blood Warden is a bit underwhelming and is quite difficult to get to proc in a useful situation.
The problem with current Blood Warden: You play until the endgame minus one perk, then there's a strong chance the perk has no real impact on the game.
My proposal is this:
Once a survivor is hooked, you gain a stack. Each stack causes the entity to block the exits for 15 seconds. The stacks are capped at 2/3/4 and may no longer be gained once the exit gates are powered . The entity will block both exits regardless of progression once one of the exit gates are powered for however many stacks you have.
Ex. I get 4 hooks during the course of a match. Once one exit gate is powered the entity seals off both exits for 60 seconds.
Tier 2 of Blood Warden is slightly buffed with 5 seconds, however you are no longer guaranteed any amount of time. The rework simply makes the perk more likely to have a useful impact. It doesn't buff it to meta levels of viability, but it makes the perk stronger for the endgame builds which it already fit into.
Comments
Good idea, but I like it the way it is.
They need to add some time to the perk, OR possibly do it to where once the gates are opened it starts up. The perk is cool and interesting, but doesn't last quite long enough.
I like it though. It's not a weak perk, but it's solid.
I’d add that if you get max stacks the hatch’s opening is delayed by just as long, then another 5/10/15 seconds for each survivor who has escaped
One thing I don't personally like is that you can open one Exit and block it but if the other is closed at that time then opens after the 60 seconds and you get another hook, that 2nd exit isn't blocked so you kind of wasted the perk in a sense since both Exits weren't open.
So your idea with stacks and blocking an Exit when it first opens I think would be an interesting change.
@HatCreature I dont have ruin so I usually run end-game wraith. I had to swap out BW because it's so hard to get to activate usefully. I had one game where the difference in it being useful was literally 5 seconds. It is way to situational and with the rework you are guaranteed use out of it.
I don't know about this but in any case they should include the hatch being blocked while the gates are blocked
It would be nice to make it permanent until the survivor is rescued from the hook, promoting altruism, this would also buff other perks such as No One Left Behind for those that don't get the chance to even use it.
Oh hell yeah, the Exits are blocked until the Survivor is rescued/sacrificed and after the rescue/sacrifice it has the timer, that could work too.
Well right there i disagree, the exits are blocked until the survivor is rescued, this way it would be balanced and survivors would not complain about it being too op and such. While i would like the look of it still being active after the survivor is saved, this is probably the better way considering as it will make the end game very spicy and everyone would be in fear for their life.
Blood Warden is plenty good how it is.
@thesuicidefox I disagree. I'm not even in red ranks atm (havent been able to play much) and it's still not very useful.
If I were to buff blood warden, I’d say to have it activate each time a survivor is hooked instead of it be a one and done thing. Maybe shorten the time slightly to compensate though.
the only buff it needs is to still activate XX seconds after somebody has been hooked if the gates are opened after the hook. Many coordinated survivors will just 99 the gate and then open it once nobody can get hooked anymore effectively nullifying the perk against SWF players.
@KingB It's not good on every killer. It's good for Pig because she can basically guarantee a proc if she saves a trap for the end game. It's good for Billy because he can chase you to the BW and one shot you. If you can get it to proc and chase someone to the gate it's quite devastating.
First QoL it needs, if anything, is the adrenaline treatment. It should queue it's activation once all generators are done.
Being able to get additional activations or whatever would probably more buffs than QoL changes.
OP i think your proposed change is a slight nerf except that it contains the QoL change.
the way it is, is much better, sorry no
I like the current version of BW better since you can decide when the timer starts.