Which Characters are Played as the Most?
I was just thinking about this, and I don't think I've ever seen any statistics regarding pick rates for different survivors and killers, so I wanted to know if there are any.
I was just thinking about this, and I don't think I've ever seen any statistics regarding pick rates for different survivors and killers, so I wanted to know if there are any.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I imagine Hillbilly is probably up there. Just guessing, though.
Billy, Claudette, Dwight, Nea and Meg have to be the top 5
we would need a complex and long SQL query from the DBD side to answer to that accurately
so from my inaccurate perspective I think Claudette is the most played cuz she is camo/perks
from killers is harder to guess
if there isn't any statistics available do your own. start with scientific method. make an observation, ask how why who or what, answer question - hypothesis, design an experiment to test hypothesis - with replication. accept or reject hypothesis based on data.
what I would do as my own test: play a number of games, can be 10, 20, 50, however many. The more one plays the more data one can collect. play half as a survivor of your choice (exclude yourself so bias play wont be an issue. [i.e picking same character the whole experiment.]) and other half as killer. Each game you play tally up who is playing what characters. eventually you will find out who is played more. fun little idea. I'd do this twice in the year. one at the begging and one near October. i'm sure you'd get different results. others can test it too, never hurts to compare data.
just a random suggestion
Claudette and Trapper are the most played.
I was confused with Trapper as I was expecting Billy. Someone explained that it is because it's the go-to character for new players.
Thanks Queen.
Claudette is no surprise. She seems to be picked around 20% of the time in games I play as the killer. That is a rough guestimate though. Trapper on the other hand is a little surprising.
Do you have statistics of the 2 least played characters aswell? Would be interesting, I will guess nurse (because too difficult) and Jake
Hey, that's not fair, I play Feng and Pig! under breath: there can only be one.
Yeah he's on the cover of the game, and the 1st one. And he looks menacing. Plus Samination's videos have glorified him in a good way.
That's funny, because Samination usually depicts the Trapper as kind of a pushover.
What about higher rank killers and survivors? Is it any different?
Well that is what I'm saying. He's glorified as this "cool" funny type of killer. SO people might play him more for that too...
Just because he's like the really unique nice killer.
There's no way it stays the same, at least for killers. someone has to get pushed out to make way for Nurse and Billy
Trapper's a surprise. He is a boring killer to play.
Trapper I expected, its the default killer,
Claudette is something........else
Would be cool to see a complete statistic about it.
About how much everyone is played.
Fair enough.
We must fight to the death lol
@not_Queen
Do you have rankings of the nost popular DLC from top to bottom?
Not looking for the actual sales numbers, just rankings.
E.g. I imagine the Halloween chapter would be near the top due to how popular laurie and michael are. Whereas you never see clown or Hag, so I imagine curtain call and Of flesh and mud would be nearer to the bottom.
I guess.
It's hard to tell though when shards and shrine come into it. I.e. buying ruin off the shrine and ditching both, or people that bought Kate with shards and skipped the dlc pack.
Kind of glad less people use Hag. She's a pain in the ass when I play survivor. I think stats wise she was confirmed as the least used killer, followed by clown. Which is weird because both are pretty good.
The most played characters are Meg, Claudette, Nea, Billy, and Nurses
I almost never see any Tapp, Quentin, Adam or Freddy :(
I doubt Claudette would be the most picked survivor if she didn't have Self Care/Empathy starting out. Those are a lot more useful to a new player than Sprint Burst, and possibly Urban Evasion.
I can try to see if I can get data on more. Not promising anything tho.
I'm surprised by Trapper also, and Claudette I wasn't cause... its Claudette lmao.