Balance Hook Campers Idea (Killer)
If a killer camps a survivor on a hook it ruins the game for that survivor and team. My idea is that the longer the killer looks at a hooked survivor, the more they lose their sight. Like when a flashlight is used but slower of course. The lore behind it could be, "Survivors lose their hope when stalked on a hook, leaving the entity hungry and angry. The longer you look the more you will be punished."
Comments
Maybe it should be that the health bar meter decreases slower if the killer is nearby. A survivor with an ironic perk to counter campers would be awesome. (If I was a survivor, I would have something that is the killer is nearby a hooked survivor, and another survivor nearby me attempts to save the survivor, the killer would slow down massively in attack speed and movement.) Borrowed time is also there, but it is not enough to me, as I almost always get chased being unhooked or unhooking someone.
I can't imagine how could anyone exploit such a fair mechanic like this one being proposed. It's bulletproof.
The reason survivors cant have nice things is other survivors.
Camping is already balanced. The killer is doing nothing for two full minutes. Go fix gens.
How about this: If the hooked survivor is in the terror radius of the killer for x amount of time, the entity progression slows down. I mean, I think it's only fair, especially since Monstrous Shrine is a perk.
If the killer camps, do gens. Easy 3 escape if the hooked survivor managed to not get hooked within the first 90 seconds of the game.
This could be easily abused by survivors.
We already tried this and survivors abused it.
Well, at least it ain't the "sacrifice progress is heavily slowed down when the killer is within x meters of the hook" suggestion.
If you are camped....just hope your team does gens.
2 minutes is plenty of time if your team coordinates and decide to do gens while you buy time. The killer would only secure 1 kill.
I mean if you are saying it's a team based game then what is the problem in you buying time for others to do gens?
Isn't it selfish to say no they shouldn't do gens and I should be able to get rescued?
Watch good survivor game plays.
The gene management...is amazing. Even gen placement. They do not bottle neck themselves at the last 3 gens.
Watch those gameplays and learn. Same as killer, if you need to camp...go watch killer plays and learn to play better.
Now days I don't bother with a 4k....it's either I got it easily or I had to sweat my butt off for it....
So I play chill.
Nice joke buddy
Exit: this got censored so: don't make sacrifice faster while beeing camped.
Or make another game mode and have one "chill" and the other one "competitive". Chill could earn players less points but be more relaxed. Competitive being more for long time players wanting to test/use skills against each other.
Not looking for hate, looking to improve this game I adore.
Well, losing isn't supposed to be fun.
Game isn't fun when killers just want one kill.
Camping is a losing strategy if the survivors play smart. And here's a tip: killers can't camp what they can't catch.
Also, losing isn't supposed to be fun.
Really? Sometimes I laugh when I lose. Or is it that I laugh when I get face camped for being a hero? Dunno, still I have fun.
Personally, I'd rather get camped than slugged. You can at least earn a few measly blood points for struggling. When you get downed without Unbreakable its boring and a waste of time.
Maybe give more points for struggling/points for being camped instead of punishing campers due to the abusive nature some SWFs. Camping IS a viable strat, considering the Entity wants to feast on hope. But it is extremely boring and if someone does get camped early, odds are that person is going to DC since they know they've earned nothing and will get nothing why stay? I really don't see a good reason to not boost the points from being camped and both killer and survivors getting a bigger chunk when someone DCs
Sure, and when a Survivor pallet loops the same pallet. The Pallet will proceed to automatically drop after the second rotation around the loop. Sounds fair as well.
Man, sadly, I am the nice guy that I always try to see if I can distract the killer with other survivors saved. Only failed two campers games so far...