Process of Elimination - One Shot 'Mechanic'
Can I ask what part of this build is able to one shot right off the bat within seconds of the match starting without any perks, offerings, addons or base class mechanics to facilitate this ability?

Am I missing something here? The Spirit doesn't have a one shot mechanic built in as a default base occurred at the very beginning of the match before the Killer even had a chance to work towards being able to do it like with Evil Within 3.
The Killer who used this impossible ability was also using Phase Walk too so it wasn't like they had one of those ultra rare class converters so that say for example they'd have The Spirit character with Myres mechanics so that rules that out.
Thanks heaps.
Comments
Was there any potential for the killer to have done a grab? Grabbing a survivor off of a generator or out of a locker is an instant down.
Presumably, OP knows this, which is why they "ruled out" everything except the killer's power as being the cause.
The Killer just hit me once, the match had just started, I wasn't near a generator, in a locker or climbing over a pallet (as none had been pulled down) or over a window. I was just out in the open.
Have you heard any hex cleansing sound? Haunted Grounds give her 1 shot ability once somebody cleanses them.
There is a chance that Haunted Grounds was cleansed early after being mistaken for a Ruin. But this would mean that you would've had to miss the explosion and notification of being exposed to make this thread at all. So unless HG was cleansed early I have no clues as to how you were instantly downed.
It doesn't say that in the description?
Oh wait here we go, it must be a super secret special rule. I didn't quite see it the first time:

That's nothing short of bad game design. lol.
That would be the equivalent of a toddler throwing their toys, making their own rules up part way through the game (repeatedly) and re-naming the game "haha I win" and wondering why everyone leaves and no one will play with them.
A bit sad really.
There's a big fat EXPOSED in the description and you get an in-game notification and a Status Effect icon with a skull in the HUD.
It's that ignorance of game mechanics of many Survivors that pisses me off. Everything's at your disposal and readily available, yet quite often, you guys still don't bother looking anything up.
The weird part is, he claims he plays as "Easy Mode Myers" all the time when he wants a easy game. So I have no idea how he could miss that.
As for you @e8Lattice , the totem (once broken) makes you one down for a minute at most, then is completely useless after. I've had games were that totem was destroyed at rank one and no one was killed. Meanwhile I'm just doing Gens. Sooooo....
Forgot to add, if you didn't hear the big [Bad Word] boom and then you got one downed, then that is hacks and you should report.
Well that was haunted grounds.
Maybe you didnt hear the cleansing sound because .... ya know BHVR.....
That's what wikis are for and with just two minutes of checking the internet one would know what all status effects mean.
http://bfy.tw/MUWG
They try to use one word titles for statuses because if the effect of the status changes later they don't have to re-edit every single perk and skill that uses that status. Keeps introducing human error to a minimum. 'One-hit' is even open for confusion, of course all killers can hit you once. You would have to provide the entire phrase 'one-hit down' or 'places survivor in dying state with one hit except for huntress hatchets'' (unless you also don't know what dying state means). As you can see it can get wordy - just look up the name of the status effect to learn more. I presume anyone who can read this does have internet access.
Yeah. not at all surprised at the lovely collection of comments.
But thanks all the same to the sparse scattering of people who against all odds managed to bring what positive, constructive input they could muster.
I'm gonna be that guy and say there actually is a section about status effects (it's in "The Game" section)

Well, now that that's out of the way, I think it's safe to say that we're done here.
The "Killers are way to OP" guy doesn't know about basic mechanics? colour me surprised.