The truth about the DS changes

Actually I don't know how many people work in Behaviour, but I know they are many. I don't know how many hours do they work there, maybe a lot.
Here is the thing: With so many members that works a lot, can someone explain me why a random guy took the idea of the new DS?Random people can't make the game change just from his/her idea, it has to be accepted by the rest of the community.
Also I want to add that DS has a very difficult skillcheck, not everyone can make it. Also, the first reason why DS got this change is that it used to make chases longer, well, is now illegal to survive? What about using bamboozle or spirit to finish chases faster? Or even learning to use the nurse?
In conclusion: most of the community is not agree with this new change and had no real reason to be nerfed. This game will get into a point where it will be impossible to survive.
Thanks for reading.

Comments

  • Next up NOED.... 
    Although maybe they might fix the bugs also getting a mention on here too lol
  • Paddy4583 said:
    Next up NOED.... 
    Although maybe they might fix the bugs also getting a mention on here too lol
    In my opinion NOED is actually good for killers, it also help them to kill at least someone because they get faster and survivors get exposed
  • Yes, the developers listen to our suggestions. Why is that an issue?

    Personally, I like the change they made to DS. It doesn't change what the perk is intended for, yet still manages to make it more balanced.

  • @Angelicus23 said:
    Paddy4583 said:

    Next up NOED.... 
    Although maybe they might fix the bugs also getting a mention on here too lol

    In my opinion NOED is actually good for killers, it also help them to kill at least someone because they get faster and survivors get exposed

    It isn't good for killers, it is easy. If you rely on NOED to get kills then that really says something about the killers skill.

  • Its good if the devs listen to the right people in the community, some have more hours than any of the devs and can give better ideas and solutions.
  • Orion said:

    Yes, the developers listen to our suggestions. Why is that an issue?

    Personally, I like the change they made to DS. It doesn't change what the perk is intended for, yet still manages to make it more balanced.

    Obviously they listen to us, that's good, what is not good is that we do their job without the approach of the rest of us. It now gets useless because you just have 60 seconds to use it, what it looks like is intended for campers, but if campers camps you means that if you get unhooked you wont have enough distance to make the skillcheck, that is also very difficult to pass
  • Its good if the devs listen to the right people in the community, some have more hours than any of the devs and can give better ideas and solutions.
    Without mentioning that the gameplay director(I think) is a camper, we watched him on a episode of play with the devs
  • @Angelicus23 said:
    Obviously they listen to us, that's good, what is not good is that we do their job without the approach of the rest of us. It now gets useless because you just have 60 seconds to use it, what it looks like is intended for campers, but if campers camps you means that if you get unhooked you wont have enough distance to make the skillcheck, that is also very difficult to pass

    This may surprise you, but they do test things internally before putting them out. Hell, before they test they discuss things extensively. It's not like they came to the forum, saw this particular suggestion, and said to themselves "Yup, we'll implement that one".
    60 seconds is a long time in DbD terms. It allows you to heal and escape. DS was never supposed to be usable in every situation; it was meant to provide you with an easy escape when you really needed it. This change accomplishes that.

  • @Angelicus23 said:
    Obviously they listen to us, that's good, what is not good is that we do their job without the approach of the rest of us. It now gets useless because you just have 60 seconds to use it, what it looks like is intended for campers, but if campers camps you means that if you get unhooked you wont have enough distance to make the skillcheck, that is also very difficult to pass

    The skillcheck now activates during the pickup animation, no more walking or dribbling during the check. Less time wasted on both sides.

  • DS and NOED are both perks that shouldn't be in the game because it rewards the person on their failure.

    Why should the killer who worked for that down be declined just to get looped again? Same goes with the survivors, why should survivors get killed because of a NOED when the killer failed to kill them before end game?

  • @BrendanLeeT said:
    DS and NOED are both perks that shouldn't be in the game because it rewards the person on their failure.

    Why should the killer who worked for that down be declined just to get looped again? Same goes with the survivors, why should survivors get killed because of a NOED when the killer failed to kill them before end game?

    NOED activates when survivors fail/refuse to break totems. DS activates when survivors lose chases. One punishes survivors for failure, the other rewards them for it. They are not equivalent in any way, shape, or form.

  • @Angelicus23 said:
    Orion said:

    Yes, the developers listen to our suggestions. Why is that an issue?

    Personally, I like the change they made to DS. It doesn't change what the perk is intended for, yet still manages to make it more balanced.

    Obviously they listen to us, that's good, what is not good is that we do their job without the approach of the rest of us. It now gets useless because you just have 60 seconds to use it, what it looks like is intended for campers, but if campers camps you means that if you get unhooked you wont have enough distance to make the skillcheck, that is also very difficult to pass

    From what I understand is that the skillcheck happens during pickup so there is no room for dribbling and they also made the skillcheck easier. This is a much needed change to a very powerful perk that can change the course of and entire match. I hope they start to consider changing other similar perks like NOED for example.

  • @BrendanLeeT said:
    DS and NOED are both perks that shouldn't be in the game because it rewards the person on their failure.

    Why should the killer who worked for that down be declined just to get looped again? Same goes with the survivors, why should survivors get killed because of a NOED when the killer failed to kill them before end game?

    Not a counterargument. But TECHNICALLY if NOED is killing someone then the game hasn't ended yet.

    Also it's not that you can't have something that gives you something when you are failing, rather it just can't completely outweigh the fact that you are in a state of fallible in the first place.

    Or in otherwords something like DS or NOED can give you an advantage in a failure state compared to not having the perk, but it shouldn't give you an advantage compared to not having failed in the first place

  • There is a counter for noed. Same can't be said about previous ds.
  • Wait, Peanits is just a random guy now?

    😆 [1] LOL!
  • Wait, Peanits is just a random guy now?

    😆 [1] LOL!
    No, a random guy got the idea in a discussion lol Peanits just confessed it
  • I saw my mistake about the pick up animation and skillcheck timing. I recognise my error.
  • Wait, Peanits is just a random guy now?

    😆 [1] LOL!
    No, a random guy got the idea in a discussion lol Peanits just confessed it
    Ahh okay I was like damn things have changed.
  • @Chi said:

    @Angelicus23 said:
    Paddy4583 said:

    Next up NOED.... 
    Although maybe they might fix the bugs also getting a mention on here too lol

    In my opinion NOED is actually good for killers, it also help them to kill at least someone because they get faster and survivors get exposed

    It isn't good for killers, it is easy. If you rely on NOED to get kills then that really says something about the killers skill.

    or it says alot about how weak certain killers are :D with very long chase / down time of some killers (Freddy for example) and the high repair speed of gens (arround 4min for 5 gens without ruin) noed is needed for many of these killers (also you should be able to find most totems before you repair all gens unless you do some rush strats).

  • @Orion said:

    @BrendanLeeT said:
    DS and NOED are both perks that shouldn't be in the game because it rewards the person on their failure.

    Why should the killer who worked for that down be declined just to get looped again? Same goes with the survivors, why should survivors get killed because of a NOED when the killer failed to kill them before end game?

    NOED activates when survivors fail/refuse to break totems. DS activates when survivors lose chases. One punishes survivors for failure, the other rewards them for it. They are not equivalent in any way, shape, or form.

    I guess that's true because whenever I play survivor I always cleanse totems, if I die due to NOED then I have no one to blame but myself. DS has no counters, people who say "dribble" or "use enduring" doesn't realize that it's not a counter because it's not 100% going to work unlike NOED where you can complete remove it before it activates.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    @BrendanLeeT said:
    DS and NOED are both perks that shouldn't be in the game because it rewards the person on their failure.

    Why should the killer who worked for that down be declined just to get looped again? Same goes with the survivors, why should survivors get killed because of a NOED when the killer failed to kill them before end game?

    Not a counterargument. But TECHNICALLY if NOED is killing someone then the game hasn't ended yet.

    Also it's not that you can't have something that gives you something when you are failing, rather it just can't completely outweigh the fact that you are in a state of fallible in the first place.

    Or in otherwords something like DS or NOED can give you an advantage in a failure state compared to not having the perk, but it shouldn't give you an advantage compared to not having failed in the first place

    My wording is completely off today but I understand your statement. I know that NOED and DS are not the same but I try to be as unbiased as possible otherwise the words "killer main" gets thrown right at me.

  • Random people can't make the game change just from his/her idea, it has to be accepted by the rest of the community.
    Sounds like the community accepts the decisive strike change so what's the problem? Oh wait toxic surviors dont like it 
  • I'm assuming this is a troll post...or it's a very ill informed/experienced person.

    "most of the community is not agree with this new change and had no real reason to be nerfed. This game will get into a point where it will be impossible to survive."

    This is just complete and utter nonsense.

  • 1. "Evil devs listening to feedback! ######### EM"

    2. No change has to be approved by the community, we do not own DBD. 

    3. Skillchecks aren't hard, you get a warning that is absolutely gigantic by video game standards, in any other game taking that long to react will end in defeat 95% of the time.

    4. "######### is illegal, does that mean all sex is illegal?"

    5. I did not see that many people defending DS, and even if so what? They don't matter. Argumentum ad populum. 
  • Random people can't make the game change just from his/her idea, it has to be accepted by the rest of the community.
    Sounds like the community accepts the decisive strike change so what's the problem? Oh wait toxic surviors dont like it 
    Well I saw in many posts and discord servers with people making memes like RIP DS and wondering old DS back. Obviously toxic survivors don't like this (I don't know what is wrong to be toxic) but I assume the people that is happy about this are the baby killers that don't use spirit fury and enduring or even learning how to use the nurse.
  • Blueberry said:

    I'm assuming this is a troll post...or it's a very ill informed/experienced person.

    "most of the community is not agree with this new change and had no real reason to be nerfed. This game will get into a point where it will be impossible to survive."

    This is just complete and utter nonsense.

    Pallets, exhaustion, healing speed lowed, hitboxes, bugs, no killer nerfs ever, ds (will be continued) The community doesn't live just in a forum page you could also see many people that is not agree but you just kept an eye to killers mains
  • Eveline said:
    There is a counter for noed. Same can't be said about previous ds.
    There was a counter to ds. It was called dribbling and slugging. Also a lot of people miss it it’s not 100%
  • 1. "Evil devs listening to feedback! [BAD WORD] EM"

    2. No change has to be approved by the community, we do not own DBD. 

    3. Skillchecks aren't hard, you get a warning that is absolutely gigantic by video game standards, in any other game taking that long to react will end in defeat 95% of the time.

    4. "######### is illegal, does that mean all sex is illegal?"

    5. I did not see that many people defending DS, and even if so what? They don't matter. Argumentum ad populum. 
    1. When did I say devs are devil? I just said that a random guy shouldn't take a dev position to make any change to game.

    2. In case that someone from the community changed the game because yes, I think the rest of the people will have something to say abot, because news didn't say where did the idea came from and not many people saw the comment of the image on the top (this is why I made this discussion)

    3.Yep, you're warned when the skillcheck is going to appear but I remember you the succeed range of it.

    4.This joke is absolutely out of sense. Survivors are called like that because of something, but It looks like they have to survive every path to keep playing.

    5. Then you must be living in a cave because in just a few hours instagram, twitter, discord servers,... were destroyed by memes and things like 'press F on this chat for DS' or 'RIP emote for DS here'. Argumentum ad populum like the one you used on point 3? Skillchecks sounds are gigantic videogame standard, but the ones you played.
  • 1. "Evil devs listening to feedback! [BAD WORD] EM"

    2. No change has to be approved by the community, we do not own DBD. 

    3. Skillchecks aren't hard, you get a warning that is absolutely gigantic by video game standards, in any other game taking that long to react will end in defeat 95% of the time.

    4. "######### is illegal, does that mean all sex is illegal?"

    5. I did not see that many people defending DS, and even if so what? They don't matter. Argumentum ad populum. 
    1. When did I say devs are devil? I just said that a random guy shouldn't take a dev position to make any change to game.

    2. In case that someone from the community changed the game because yes, I think the rest of the people will have something to say abot, because news didn't say where did the idea came from and not many people saw the comment of the image on the top (this is why I made this discussion)

    3.Yep, you're warned when the skillcheck is going to appear but I remember you the succeed range of it.

    4.This joke is absolutely out of sense. Survivors are called like that because of something, but It looks like they have to survive every path to keep playing.

    5. Then you must be living in a cave because in just a few hours instagram, twitter, discord servers,... were destroyed by memes and things like 'press F on this chat for DS' or 'RIP emote for DS here'. Argumentum ad populum like the one you used on point 3? Skillchecks sounds are gigantic videogame standard, but the ones you played.
    You still pretend that they either took an idea without debate or testing straight out of the forum or worse, invited someone in the forum to make that change. That is not how anything works, no "random guy" did take a Dev position, if anything he tried to find a solution that'dwork from their perspective.

    Also, i believe old DS was bad for the game, i don't care about them and their memes even if DS was not just a crutch ingame but somehow their IRL crutch that kept them walking.
  • Most of community agree with the change, check the nine pages thread talking about it. Also, you hace 0 upvotes and Orion 6 upvotes and 1 awesome. You are not right. 
  • 1. "Evil devs listening to feedback! [BAD WORD] EM"

    2. No change has to be approved by the community, we do not own DBD. 

    3. Skillchecks aren't hard, you get a warning that is absolutely gigantic by video game standards, in any other game taking that long to react will end in defeat 95% of the time.

    4. "######### is illegal, does that mean all sex is illegal?"

    5. I did not see that many people defending DS, and even if so what? They don't matter. Argumentum ad populum. 
    1. When did I say devs are devil? I just said that a random guy shouldn't take a dev position to make any change to game.

    2. In case that someone from the community changed the game because yes, I think the rest of the people will have something to say abot, because news didn't say where did the idea came from and not many people saw the comment of the image on the top (this is why I made this discussion)

    3.Yep, you're warned when the skillcheck is going to appear but I remember you the succeed range of it.

    4.This joke is absolutely out of sense. Survivors are called like that because of something, but It looks like they have to survive every path to keep playing.

    5. Then you must be living in a cave because in just a few hours instagram, twitter, discord servers,... were destroyed by memes and things like 'press F on this chat for DS' or 'RIP emote for DS here'. Argumentum ad populum like the one you used on point 3? Skillchecks sounds are gigantic videogame standard, but the ones you played.
    You still pretend that they either took an idea without debate or testing straight out of the forum or worse, invited someone in the forum to make that change. That is not how anything works, no "random guy" did take a Dev position, if anything he tried to find a solution that'dwork from their perspective.

    Also, i believe old DS was bad for the game, i don't care about them and their memes even if DS was not just a crutch ingame but somehow their IRL crutch that kept them walking.
    Do you know what? Yes, I'm wrong, I can't say how mafia works here.
    Now seriously, I'm wrong, I just had a bad day and I can't stop my toxic personality. I take this game very seriously and I just want a definitive game version to play in that doesn't get worse every time on the role I mostly play
  • IamFran said:
    Most of community agree with the change, check the nine pages thread talking about it. Also, you hace 0 upvotes and Orion 6 upvotes and 1 awesome. You are not right. 
    Community is not just here but yes I'm wrong