Flashlight/pallet saves: bugged or not?
Okay 2 different examples. Is this a bug or an intended game mechanic? I’ve already been playing this game for about 6 months now so I understand you literally have to do things perfectly if you want it to work. But...
Saving someone by pallet:
I’ve had this happen multiple times where the killer had already picked someone up (not during animation) and I dropped the pallet. It says that I’ve stunned them but they didn’t work at all! (They weren’t stunned basically so the survivor wasn’t saved).
I always try to help out my teammates when I can and honestly it sucks that it didn’t work.
2. Flashlight saves:
I never use flashlights. I never spam-click them, and I always ignore them whenever I get them in chests. My aim kinda sucks actually but yeah. I always give it away to someone else in case they wanted it.
So this actually happened yesterday against this Spirit and basically it was the same thing. They had picked someone up already and I did it during the animation (not immediately but when they’re already over the shoulder) and it said did the same thing as the pallet save basically.
It said below that I “blinded” the killer yet the killer still had the survivor in their hand. I got this yellow flashlight with no add ons from a chest. I remember seeing the Spirit attack while it said she was blinded in an attempt to attack someone for blinding them (guess they thought I was close?) but still man.
That really sucks and it makes me feel like a bad teammate because I literally feel like I wasted a pallet or time to get away if I couldn’t even save them from the hook. I’ve had many teammates (friends & randoms) die because of this possible bug or intended game mechanic.
So is it a bug or not? Or do I really have to get it perfectly timed for this game to actually make it go through?
Saving someone by pallet:
I’ve had this happen multiple times where the killer had already picked someone up (not during animation) and I dropped the pallet. It says that I’ve stunned them but they didn’t work at all! (They weren’t stunned basically so the survivor wasn’t saved).
I always try to help out my teammates when I can and honestly it sucks that it didn’t work.
2. Flashlight saves:
I never use flashlights. I never spam-click them, and I always ignore them whenever I get them in chests. My aim kinda sucks actually but yeah. I always give it away to someone else in case they wanted it.
So this actually happened yesterday against this Spirit and basically it was the same thing. They had picked someone up already and I did it during the animation (not immediately but when they’re already over the shoulder) and it said did the same thing as the pallet save basically.
It said below that I “blinded” the killer yet the killer still had the survivor in their hand. I got this yellow flashlight with no add ons from a chest. I remember seeing the Spirit attack while it said she was blinded in an attempt to attack someone for blinding them (guess they thought I was close?) but still man.
That really sucks and it makes me feel like a bad teammate because I literally feel like I wasted a pallet or time to get away if I couldn’t even save them from the hook. I’ve had many teammates (friends & randoms) die because of this possible bug or intended game mechanic.
So is it a bug or not? Or do I really have to get it perfectly timed for this game to actually make it go through?
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
The killer might have been just the right distance away to only get stunned, when you dropped the pallet. He literally needs to be at the pallet. As for the flashlight save, you did it way to late. The old mechanic was the shoulder, the current mechanic is around the ankles/shins.
But yeah pallets sometimes decide to not help
Pallet and Flashlight saves DO work but the timing is super specific. The animation needs to stop and they'd need to be able to move again.
You have to get it perfectly timed. Practice in KYF to get a better feeling for the right timing.
I assume you don't know the timing since other survivors still manage to free each other via stuns or blinds
As far as I'm aware they are not bugged - I've pulled a few off in the last few days, as have other survivors. But as has been said previously on this thread, the timing is very specific.
From what I noticed since the last patch I could pick up a survivors around the corner of a pallet and still be stunned if anything I'd say it's gotten easier for pallet saves.
Regarding your Pallet Save: you probably dropped the pallet a tiny bit too early (could be a few milliseconds) and got the stun points but did not free the survivor cause the killer was still not able to move cause he was still in the "post pickup animation"-"stun".
Regarding Flashlight Saves: as of now - just forget it. Either you're lucky and the killer is a moth or you're out of luck. Getting the right timing for a flashlight save after they modified the pickup animation AGAIN, is mostly pure luck. The former way was to look at the hand of killer and start the flashlight save when it touches the back of the survivor. Now, that the animation was changed AGAIN, you're supposed to look at the head of the killer.
But honestly, you have no real good indicator anymore (and forget about counting when the animation starts). Looking at the head of the killer is just not good enough to get a precise starting point for a flashlight save. So imho flightlight saves are a lost cause now. And in that context that animation change was a nice nerf btw. if I may say so (intended to fix the feeling that the pickup animation is too fast, but it did more harm than good).
You can of course try to learn the flashlight timing in KYF, but it's just not worth it anymore due to the lack of a good timing indicator (again, watching a the bobbing of the killers head is just not precise enough).
Yes it's a bug. Before there was no timing, whenever you used pallet or flashlight during pick-up animation, the survivor escaped. They tried fixing it at some point and killers went apeshit so they left the bug as is.
I'll try to experiment with it and record, if I find some willing survivors. Pallet save is a difficult move to pull off, it should not go unrewarded.
Would be hella annoying as killer, and as survivor its nice that there is an element of skill to it.
There are videos on youtube that show the correct timing for anyone that needs it.
You have it backwards. The devs stated that the highlighted statement above was a bug, not the other way around. Get your facts straight.