Archive The Forums
I know others have mentioned this before. Since the forums are shutting down. I feel that the forums should be archived for people who want to learn how the Dead By Daylight really works. While also remembering those who passed away. And I also feel that erasing those tributes and game information would be devastating to our community.
Comments
Yes they should at least archive it if some soulless higher-up feels the need to close the forums.
I can assure you there are community-driven efforts to archive large parts, if not the entirety of the forums.
Shame they wouldn't do it themselves, though.
I agree. It's also necessary for reviewing past development comments. We've relied on this forum far too much to track the content of discussions and verify information.
The fact that they're not archiving is why I will never fill out any future surveys they send out. I spent 5 years giving feedback and the end result is it all being thrown in the online trash bin.
If BHVR has any sense, they will at least archive the forums here it so others can read what was here even if people cannot post anymore.
There is a vast wealth of information on here as well as a wonderful time capsule of DBD and BHVR history.
A company like BHVR absolutely should be able to maintain this history at the very least. Though they should also be able to keep the forum open for those who use it as their suggested "alternatives" are hardly alternatives or a proper replacement for the discussions that occurred here. All I know is that I'm going to be complaining about this decisions for years to come on ever survey they make if they don't at least save the forum for viewing.
Hey, thought I comment it here as well (I did bump into the other thread already), I am archiving all posts, comments and any media that was uploaded to the site (So discord, imgur etc are excluded) and will update the archive until the forum shuts down. After it is fully down and no more posts can be made, I will share it online and make a torrent in case people want to seed it.
@dangersmymidd1ename is working on this as well. Might want get in touch