Why so many killers slug for 4k?
Don't get me wrong I don't even want the hatch I just want to move to the next game. It's so boring.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Because they're different, they want to try and secure the 4k.
I do it to prevent hatch standoffs. It's the only way to avoid it without giving out free escapes.
I don't mind when they do it after a well earned victory. I just hate when they try it after a 3vs1 game where they had a big advantage, or when they do it after camping all game and having noob survivors feed them kills.
To prevent free escapes and because their objective is to kill everyone.
True.
And sometimes the match lasts only 4 minutes.
There's still a lot of boring stuff...
It's still way faster than the average time required for a hatch standoff.
It takes four minutes for a Survivor to bleed out. Hatch standoffs can easily last upwards of 10-20 minutes.
Just dont do Hatch Stand-Offs. Problem solved.
That's what I'm doing by slugging. Problem solved.
Why after the gates are open do survivors refuse to leave because they aren't willing to leave that last guy behind on the hook? Same concept. You all want to live, killer wants you all to die. It's not sweat, it's his objective.
Does he want to slug at the end? no
Is he forced to because the hatch is unbalanced? yes
It depends. Sometimes it is simply sweaty. Few days ago had a game where a 2 Man SWF decides to DC, one of them caught, the other not even on the Hook once with 2 Gens to go. Killer still needs to slug me to get the other person. Pretty sweaty, I would say.
Another time the Killer really refused to hit me on a hook where I may be able to reach the hatch, I needed to run all the way to another hook to show him that I am not doing a Hatch Stand-Off. Also sweeaty.
In general in my opintion slugging is a little bit sweaty. Not like the two situations I mentioned, but still. A Killer also wins (=pips) with 3 Kills.
But well, it is his Objective. And still the Term "Gen Rush" exists, when it is the Survivors Objective... Double Standards, wohoo.
You are mentioning extremely anecdotal circumstances. Those games are not the norm. I'm not saying all of them are non sweaty, but in general.
Yeah, like I said, for me it is a little bit sweaty. But mostly it is boring, when I lay on the ground for too long, haha. And yes, I know that slugging is the only way to guarantee a 4K. But like I said, 3K is also a Win for the Killer.
Watching the last survivor get to escape with his participation trophy for free is also boring to me. Hopefully they fix the hatch and then neither of us will have to be bored.
As Killer I dont mind if the last survivor gets the Hatch. The only thing that I really dislike is Survivors waiting at the Hatch so that the Killer sees that they escape through it.
But, like I said, I dont do Stand-Offs. Had one as Survivor which lasted 45 minutes and I will never do this again. I am not that stubborn.
Also Survivors: "WHY ARE YOU SLUGGING FOR THE 4K?!?!"
Seriously, it's because that is the Killer's only answer to the hatch.
+1
"Again generalising" Yeah, you did
That's what I'm saying.
Its the only counter to the hatch.
Blame the survivor community that prevented the hatch closing mechanic, now we are stuck with the crappy original design.....
Because It's the only way to get a 4k thanks to the hatch, Blame the hatch mechanic not the killer.
Personally I don't have the time to slug for a 4k and I'll just let the survivor get the hatch since there's nothing a killer can do really when it comes to hatch. But there are people who are against the hatch with good reason and there's nothing wrong with that.
Its a way to secure the 4k victory and counter the hatch.
Even if slugging is an issue to any survivor there are multiple anti slugging perks available, they just simply refuse to use them.
Nice work Sherlock. After that I can't take you seriously anymore.
Sorry but I want to win.
As killer that means I need to slug to prevent the hatch
As survivor that means I need to gen rush to open the gates
Does that make these things good design? No, but that isn't the players fault so they aren't the ones who should be blamed
Instead we should try and have mechanics that fix the fundamental issues
Things besides gens required to escape, less emphasis on the hatch ect
If we can properly fix the death efficiently issue then that should make both of these other issues less problematic
If its a SWF team, and they were annoying... I'll slug. Period.
I'm entitled to slug, I'm entitled to kill.
In a game called "dead by daylight" the survivors aren't entitled to survive.
What are those Perks?
Unbreakable for sure, but please dont tell me you mean No Mither with this "Please pick me up, I will recover from dying state"-Sign.
I hate on Survivors because they don't like being called out on their own bullshit. I play Survivor way more now and it's total easy mode.
Unbreakable, Tenacity and to an extent Adrenaline. This is on top of the fact that slugging was nerfed recently to where you can recover to only needing a second tap from another survivor to get you up or that with the recently added ranking system killers are punished for slugging as it doesn't get you any emblem points.
Why do survivors wait at the gates when no one is hooked?
Survivor achievements don't come on their own: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198135981595/stats/381210/achievements/
I think it's an acceptable tactic. The only time it gets really annoying is when they 1) camp the slug, or 2) drop reset until they find both of you. Drags out the game unnecessarily and just wastes time. It's honestly surprising to see how many killers think survivors will fall for that, like I'm not going to heal the guy/let the guy heal me if it means we both die.
I flat out give hatch nowadays and still double pip. If I slug for the 4k (or more likely to catch the other guy for my BBQ stack) I completely leave the slug and go kick gens or something. A good chunk of the time I will just find the guy, if not they come save their friend because I'm not being a douche. I'll make my rounds to all the gens, about a minute, then come back to the slug. If he's still down and I find him I'll just take the hook. A lot of times I can still even catch the guy before they find hatch, but again I double pipped so I don't care as much. I care more about my BBQ stack than a 4k.