Upvote this to protest the forum shutdown
Upvote this post to tell BHVR directly that the community does NOT want to lose these incredible discussion forums, for the following reasons:
1. A lack of equivalent platforms offering the same services or level of usage
There simply isn't another platform that provides the same combination of accessibility, organization, community activity, and long-form discussion that these forums currently offer.
2. It would directly interfere with BHVR’s ability to collect feedback on changes and new content
The forums provide BHVR with a centralized place to see detailed community feedback, identify recurring issues, discuss proposed changes, and understand how players feel about new content. Removing them would make that feedback process significantly more fragmented.
3. It would remove an important space for meaningful discussion between players and the developers
Not every issue can be properly discussed through short-form social media posts. The forums allow players to provide detailed explanations, debate ideas, share experiences, and build on one another's feedback in a way that other platforms often don't facilitate as effectively.
4. It would make valuable community knowledge much harder to preserve and access
Over the years, these forums have accumulated an enormous amount of guides, discussions, bug reports, technical information, game knowledge, and historical context. Closing them risks making that information significantly harder for both current and future players to find and use.
Any other reasons (not currently listed) yall have- as to why these forums should not be shut down - comment them here
Comments
No, it can go away forever.
I genuinely could not care less if the forum disappears.
Given that the original announcement has 106 down votes so far, I think they already know how most of us feel about the forums closing. But have my up vote, anyway ☝️
I think downvoting the initial announcement is better.
I can add that I'm never buying cosmetics again. No rifts, no paying auric cell character purchase. Idk how much money they spend keeping the forums live but it can't be much. I used to spend on the game fairly regularly but this move has genuinely put me off supporting the company.
I was already not doing that, but was open to doing so again if they moved the game in a right direction or even made any real attempts at dealing with the games issues but not only did they not do that, they're closing down the only realistic form of voicing genuine concerns and opinions… moved from "I might buy cosmetics again" to "I doubt I'll reinstall the game again" pretty quick
At this point all we can really do is vote with our wallets. I seriously doubt the upkeep on this forum is anywhere near the income they've generated from the few players that do actively post here.
For now I will continue to play but I will no longer pay.
You have my upvote