Does anyone ever use the hatch in main building offering?
Its gotten to the point that whenever I see a secret offering for survivor, I just assume its probably the shack hatch offering. If someone actually picks the main building version instead, that'll probably work better against me since id be checking shack immediately.

Comments
Yes, every survivor match, and that's exactly why: killer assumes it's shack and goes there. The difference is hatch at shack has an almost 100% consistent spawn point and hatch at main can vary, and the killer may come back and find it before you.
I have when I've had a hatch quest to complete
I'm same as cogs. Always use hatch at main for the reverse psychology. Killers tend to assume it's shack.
Most of my regular teammates do the same too amd it almost always works. Only time it gets messed up is when a random brings shack hatch offering 😒
First match of the night and first one I've seen in AWHILE.
When I play killer I just default to checking at shack for hatch first, regardless of offerings.
It used to be there were only a few secret offerings but now it seems like most of the non-bloodpoint offerings are secret. Even coins are secret offerings now.
Good change imo. Allows for a bit of mindgaming and guessing. I always hated it when hatch offerings in particular were open, made the endgame a joke unless you had a key. Ample secret offerings makes it more interesting.
I agree it's a good change but I think it has made the offering screen itself not worth showing anymore. Anything that actually affects gameplay is hidden and only bloodpoint offerings are shown. The only exceptions are luck offerings the whole survivor team can use which some players use very questionably, but I doubt we'll have luck offerings at all by 2027 as Slippery Meat is already changing.
I'd honestly be fine with the offering screen not being shown at all and having every match start loading a few seconds earlier. But that'll never happen beacause they have to show off their temporary event offering animations.
Idk it's nice to see if everyone's running bp offerings. Sometimes I might do a farming game if that's the case.
Yes, for all my adepts or challenges where I have to escape I use hatch at main. Because there are multiple and varying spawns on different maps for main, it's a good way to learn them too.
It's not like the days of old when the offering screen was essential as the only place we could see what offerings were used.
Now it's not essential as we can press TAB and see who brought what.
I usually use a key and shack to be sure of the position. The main building one is wasted on maps like rotten fields or the game.
Every now and then I get reminded that white ward is also a secret offering. Ill see it at the end score screen and get a giggle when I brought Franklin's that game.
Part of the reason I started doing it is because others don't. It's not thought about.
Talk about schadenfreude
meh there's no point ever since most offerings got made secret because odds are its just a White Ward
I see way more hatch offerings than white wards…