Abandon, Surrender, End Trial
The patch notes do not state plainly how this affects the MMR of players. I don't want to function on unconfirmed assumptions.
What happens to MMR in these situations?
The patch notes do not state plainly how this affects the MMR of players. I don't want to function on unconfirmed assumptions.
What happens to MMR in these situations?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I also want to know exactly what these mean, and whether deaths will finally count as deaths in player stats with the surrender option.
I hope bhvr elaborates on this sometime soon, and it doesn’t get lost if the sea of feedback from all the perk changes.
Updates to the abandon system were long overdue and more details would be nice.
But maybe then it’s at risk of people gaming the system? But people will do that anyway so I say the info the better
We don't give much information on how this impacts MMR as we don't want MMR to be the focus here. The player stats also will likely take some time to update as they're going through their own UI related things, given the way things are represented in the game and the Stats page doesn't take from in-game data but from the game's UI.
I believe the change in wording to Surrender definitely indicates that this is losing a match overall.
By stat page updating does that mean all the past abandons inflating personal ERs will be retroactively turned to deaths? Or is that just going forward and the stat page will always be inaccurate?
Sigh.
I just want to know that the system works or at least is intended to work like it is supposed to, i.e. if a survivor surrenders they take an L on their MMR and if the killer chooses End Trial their MMR increases if it hasn't already. Players should know that whether or not they stay in the match it doesn't make a difference to their MMR because if players think they have a chance to manipulate their MMR they will try to do so.
I am beyond exasperated with this ambiguous approach BHVR has to communicating with players.
For example why not just tell killers on the post game screen that they won in identical fashion if they get a 3K or a 4K? That simple UI change alone would lead to a reduction in slugging for the 4K, a scenario I have yet to hear anyone speak positively about.
I was confused by this as well. What is the difference and why does it matter?
All I know is, it's not going to make any difference to me if "Surrender" or "Abandon" pops up in the corner of my screen. I'm still getting out of there if the game is obviously lost or I'm not having a good time. So I'm not sure why the distinction between the two situations really matters. In a situation like that, I just want to be in my next game as quickly as possible.
"We won't explain MMR or any way for you to tell what your MMR actually is."
Just real amazing stuff coming from BHVR lately.
I believe the change in wording to Surrender definitely indicates that this is losing a match overall.That immediately though makes raises another issue: if we can have a definitive wording in this case, why can't we always have definitive wording?
If surrendering is definitively losing, then what is abandoning? What's the point in telling us what something is considered without telling us what it means?
It looks like they just reworded it. You had "DC" which was called "Abandon" in game. But then you had the "Free Abandon" which was also called "Abandon". Now the "Free Abandon" is called "Surrender" which it was already called in the code (on the stats site).
Simple like that… Thx
I hope that twins will now have an appropriate winrate above 28% on nightlight. I guess that is the main reason they are implementing this distinction.