Why is DBD so user-unfriendly?
Can someone genuinely tell me why the play button has been changed to THIS puke-inducing, rotten fly-on-the-ointment thing? Of course, I'm not just complaining about the visual design itself. They removed the estimated queue time and the "Time left until match" timer. Why? Who asked for this? The play button was just fine before. And now I don't even know whether I'm wasting my time or not? At least I can still rely on bloodpoint multipliers for info. They definitely did this on purpose, so you spend more time in-game, without a doubt. I'm surprised that so few people are complaining about this, as it's a sign of the greedy, mischievous strategies Behavior is beginning to keep you "hooked". Tell me if I'm wrong.
Now, there is another major point I wanted to make about user unfriendliness. Why, in the 10 whole years this game has existed, we still do not have such a basic feature as a solo custom match? Why do I have to load into the tutorial (that hasn't changed in years, where you can't choose perks, characters, killers to practice against, and the one that also has an awful Killer AI) just to play as a Survivor in a stress-free environment? How am I supposed to learn the movement of the game, the functions of over 150 Survivor perks, the flow of a chase, etc., if I don't have a friend to rely on? Texas Chainsaw Massacre, despite its complete lack of AI for both sides, didn't seem to have a problem with that since its inception. It goes both ways, though it is not as bad for the Killer side. Sure, I can load into a match with Survivors that also have a pretty intelligent AI, but I can't calmly explore the map or mechanics without them genrushing me, though this is not really as much of a problem. This issue has frustrated me so much. Has no one really ever complained about this? What is stopping Behavior from allowing a killer-free, or survivor-free custom match? In fact, what is stopping them from allowing multiple killers? Why do I have to rely on mods for these fun ideas? It's not like these two things violate the basic principles of the game. You can still repair generators, run around, open exit gates without the presence of a Killer, and the same thing for two of them.

Comments
According to BHVR the missing queue time is a bug that they still haven't fixed even with the Hotfix patch. As for everything else, because BHVR is extremely slow with any kind of meaningful change to the game and the code they have built the game on is absolutely horrid.
I only hope we see some kind of improvement after the overhaul, but the overhaul is DBD's chance to bring in new players, and it's going to fail to keep any if so many issues with new player introduction and QoL still exist.
I'd love some more custom match stuff..
I can understand your frustration. But claiming they bugged that on purposes is ridiculous. You can actually see that the estimate is there. It's just a bit to the right. So if they had some devious masterplan to keep more players waiting, they would very likely have done a better job hiding it.
"Has no one really ever complained about this?"
Legit questions require legit answers. But answers from BVHR requires patience, a lot of patience…
But we did, we complain about it & we ask for answer as you do. Almost all your complains & requests are already in the forums into the suggestions section. We just have to wait 10 years for minimal changes & improvements. Sometimes wishes are granted but in most cases, you aren't heard.
Finally, when time has past, new players replace the old ones, questions are forgotten & no more ask to BVHR…
All BHVR had to do was not mess with it at all. Literally nobody was asking for this change, yet as has been done so many times in the past, and for the same inexplicable reasons, BHVR decided this was a priority over all the other things that the community have been asking for and are still waiting on.
It's just the classic case of "graphic/UX designers want to keep justify their paychecks by keep doing random unnecessary changes".
someone wanted to justify their job and fix what wasn't broken