Denuvo Anti-Cheat Trial Feedback
If you are on Steam, please share your feedback here about your experience with the Denuvo Anti-Cheat Trial.
Thank you!
If you are on Steam, please share your feedback here about your experience with the Denuvo Anti-Cheat Trial.
Thank you!
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
does bhvr have any comment/solution on why eac is still active/running and why for some users its actively blocking denuvo from running preventing people from playing?
I’ve been experiencing lag and stuttering ever since the new anti cheat has been implemented. I’m confused about why steam users are getting this considering that most cheaters are known to use epic games? Personally not a big fan of Denuvo and prefer for it not to be implemented in the long run, thank you.
https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/articles/52891224375828-Denuvo-Anti-Cheat-FAQ
Players are advised to follow the FAQ, start Steam as Admin, and ensure Denuvo is installed.
Game straight up doesnt work now, ive had over 30 mins of bans between playing both as killer and survivor. The denuvo update is breaking the game and i dont even see an abandon button but the whole thing crashes and i get banned each time i play
Before the tests, the game ran smoothly — I had a stable 115–120 FPS. Since Denuvo was introduced, playing Dead by Daylight has become a nightmare.
I’m experiencing massive FPS drops, sometimes down to as low as 20 FPS. During matches, the game frequently freezes completely for several seconds. After finishing a match and leaving the results screen, I get a massive stutter/freeze and have to wait for the game to start working properly again.
A few times, the game has simply crashed to desktop.
I really hope these tests end soon because I simply can’t play the game like this.
That does not answer nor does it solve why eac is still present and active further it does not stop eac from preventing denuvo from launching. EAC still runs on windows 11 it was never disabled like you previously stated. Running in admin does not change this.
I’ve done everything you’ve suggested and more trying to get 2 of my friends able to play. Nothing works because eac is stopping denuvo. Eac which you have said shouldn’t be running but is.
This is the information I have available.
I understand you’re only a messenger in this case and none of this can be fixed by you, so just know i personally know this isn’t on you. I just need to know that the people who can solve this are aware that eac is still operating on steam and for some users it is preventing denuvo from running which prevents dbd from launching.
Video about these constant & repetitive kicks… For now, I serve my sentence as punishment to try to debug when it really isn't my job…
Receiving constant disconnects after the update. Always says that the "Dedicated sever stopped responding". I've dropped multiple survivor ranks, lost items, and matches that we were winning because of this! It's very frustrating!
I wasn't sure if it was just my internet being bad for a long time or if I was selected as a tester to this anti-cheat. Got my answer and it was me using the anti-cheat. My temps are higher than usual especially my cpu temps. My ping is now higher by about 20 ms (was ~60-80, now ~80-100) and is less stable. Game performance is just worse likely due to the higher temps iykyk but seeing as others complained about it it's likely due to the anti-cheat. This is consistent across sessions, all of these do not just randomly happen and are not a one of things hense it's the anti-cheat or devs destroyed performance and ping somehow (unlikely at this scale) therefore I urge you to avoid using this anti-cheat.
By the way have you thought about using battleye anticheat? I want a less performance costing anti-cheat, cheaters will find a way to bypass it any anti-cheat you use and use their never ending swarm of epic games account, might as well make the experience better for non-cheaters.
I am having constant hard lag and PC crashes since the Denuvo anti-cheat update.
I have tried everything suggested in their FAQ, nothing is working!!
I have also contacted Support and yet no reply!!
Its like DBD doesn't want us to play their game??
What are you guys doing over there????
And this is the message I keep getting if I try to uninstall Denuvo via my control panel
There is no need to be blunt. YOU guys opened this forum for feedback. This is us GIVING feedback - so send the feedback over to get this fixed.
My tone will be the death of me! 😭 Rest assured the feedback in the thread is being communicated with the team.
Yeah no i did what faqs said w downloading denuvo and updating drivers and my ######### worked for one match. 2nd match it crashed.
I'm not gonna lie, I am so tempted to go play the Halloween game at this point. A compensation needs to given to all the players experiencing these problems, because the game is currently unplayable right now and nothing has been done yet to fix it.
Please contact Player Support https://support.deadbydaylight.com
In the meantime, I do encourage that you reach out to Support https://support.deadbydaylight.com
Denuvo is bricking people's computers at worst and breaking the game at best. Cheaters are posting videos of them still using cheats with Denuvo & switching to their Epic + Microsoft accounts. I'd run this update back and give up on Denuvo, it's clearly not working.
As I've mentioned in my previous comments - I have already reached out to support, but I don't know if they are all asleep over there, coz they haven't responded.
I want to share my feedback regarding the new Denuvo Anti-Cheat implementation. The game is in an absolute mess right now—everything freezes and lags to the point where it’s literally unplayable. I’ve played about 7 matches so far, and every single one was a horrible experience. The game completely freezes my laptop—it stops responding to any keyboard inputs or mouse clicks. I can’t even Alt+Tab out of it; I’m just stuck staring at a black screen and forced to do a hard reboot. On top of that, the audio keeps cutting out, and there are constant stuttering and FPS freezes. The network stability is also ruined. Everyone’s ping is spiking wildly in every match, and there are always 1 or 2 players sitting with high ping. Honestly, this feels like an unnecessary flexing of tech that nobody asked for, and it completely broke the player experience. Please revert the game back to the engine and anti-cheat setup from 2024. What we have right now is unacceptable.Everything was working completely fine before the test build and the new chapter came out
are you installing to another drive other than your c drive?
I am experiencing severe performance issues with Denuvo Anti-Cheat both in matches and in the lobby.
After disconnecting from a match, I have to wait for the penalty timer before I can play again. While waiting in the lobby, after a few minutes, the game starts to lag heavily and my FPS progressively drops.
The same thing happens during matches: after a few minutes, the FPS starts dropping until the game eventually freezes completely, and sometimes my entire PC becomes unresponsive.
This only started happening after the Denuvo Anti-Cheat trial began on September 2nd. Before the trial, I did not have these problems.
I have also seen other players reporting severe performance issues in the lobby and describing the game as practically unplayable with Denuvo.
I really hope Behaviour Interactive takes this feedback seriously, because Denuvo is currently making Dead by Daylight extremely difficult to play.
DBD is unplayable since this update.. Tried multiple games but was not able to complete a single one.. Even walking around on a map is almost impossible.
The game crashed each time and I even got banned for "leaving the game" lol.. How unfair and frustrating..
Please revert this update!
I guess I'll post to get it on the record
Game launches for me but the stuttering and lag make it unplayable. I've been through the faq and any troubleshooting I can find
30 - 50ms but everyone else in the match is fluctuating up to 400ms
tested 9 total games and ended up with several penalties. was disconnected 3 times
I get needing a live group for testing but its been two days, can we please get an option to opt out? or at least a word thay you guys are trying to get it optimized ASAP?
It's crazy how this is being handled. Do you even care about your rep?
Hello! I wanted to chime in as someone else who is having severe performance issues since the update. I only played one match and it was basically unplayable.
There is severe lag that makes me feel like I have stick drift or something despite playing on mouse and keyboard. I can barely control my character. I tested to make sure it wasn't just a server issue or something by going into the play with bots to see, and even there, while better, I was still running into walls and unable to turn consistently.
I don't have a top of the line PC, but my setup is not old or outdated by any means (CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600 G, GPU - AMD Radeon RX 6600).
I understand the need to update the anti cheat, and I even understand doing trials. But please do not move forward with this one. And if at all possible, please end this particular trial early so many of us can actually play the game.
So im going to make this quick since my previous post didn't send,
Ever since Denuvo was added ive being experiencing massive frame drops from 120 to 30 fps every time i use a killer ability i have tried everything including reinstalling my drivers to trying to fix it to steam launch settings nothing has worked at all.
The worst part about this is the massive slow down on the fps drop you cant catch a survivor when it does it this needs to be looked at or remove Denuvo.
Im going to be honest here as well it did not stop the cheaters im still seeing them in high MMR lobbies mainly due to the T-posing in loading and instant gens pops, there's still a rise of subtle speed cheats as well.
I do believe this all came from Denuvo as i never experienced these frame drops before hand at all the killer experience is painful currently.
I am willing to share any recordings or anything on the fps drops if you like so don't hesitate to reply but overall Denuvo experience is yeah it needs to go it doesn't work clearly to me anyways it may work for you guys in the backend but here from my experience its not working at all.
I don't think denuvo was the move… just use EAC + VAC
yep… DBD is completely unplayable for me as well. Matches lag and glitch beyond belief. Has frozen my entire computer multiple times. Overheated. Stuttering. Throttling my pc. This is ridiculous. Definitely not playing this game again until it’s gone and I’m uninstalling this virus called denovu. This was definitely my favorite game and now it’s gonna sit in limbo. No thanks DbD.
No, my Windows and main programs are on a super fast Samsung NVMe SSD (C:). Even if a game is on my secondary internal drive (D:), it has never been an issue before. The MSInfo log showed that the error is directly related to a system conflict between Windows and the new EAC/Denuvo update on AMD setups. The support is already looking into it for a hotfix
Why add such brutal malware alike perfomance heavy anti cheat on kernel level on STEAM that is known for NOT having cheaters while epic n microsoft is let to run free and mind you their platforms hold 99% of cheaters this game is dealing with but eh what do i know right??? let's just gut game perfomance even more for steam users for absolutely no reason so please END THIS TRIAL cause i won't play this game like many other people cuz i value my privacy and i want no malware pc melting "anticheat" running on my pc, this gotta be the most stupid decision by whoever came up with it.
For players experiencing frame drops or performance issues, we do not believe this is connected to Denuvo but we want to look into it. Can you please contact Support?
https://support.deadbydaylight.com
i’ve had issues with other games before not being on the c drive, you should try installing it on c.
oh i thought it was an issue with my keyboard somehow. I have ran into this several times myself as well. I get stuck moving in a direction and cant stop for several seconds
U don't seem to have understood me; I always install to the C drive, and that’s not the problem. Support has received enough information from me to fix their broken update. The issue isn't on my end, not with my PC or anything like that.
alright, i thought you meant you were installing to your d drive. I seen a post on reddit about someone with the same issue as you who installed to their d drive who fixed it by installing it to c.
My apologies for the misunderstanding
I have to be honest here I have not experienced anything different while playing after the Denuvo was added. Game runs the same no stutters nothing. Maybe few janky hits that should have hit but missed but that can be just normal for this game.
Still if its causing problems to others it might not be the right step for DBD and its reputation is not stellar as anti-cheat program anyway.
No problem :) Sorry if I sounded a bit too harsh earlier
No issues on my end running the game with the new system. That being said i have encounted even more cheaters since this went live. A big tell for me is the spawning animation being bugged or looking odd . Anytime that happens at the start of a match there is a cheater in that match and a blatant one at that. They are Always on global which means " epic games store " players more often than not.
why is this garbage anticheat even in the game you witless Devs
Tried it out tonight and although I didn't have any major problems I did get some lag spikes and overall worse performance than normal. That said, given the amount of more serious issues others are reporting, I don't feel like this is the way forward
I can't launch the game because Easy Anti-Cheat conflicts with Denuvo. It doesn't work no matter what I do. I guess no DBD for me until the end of the Anti-Cheat Trial…
Where are your priorities? An open letter regarding the Denuvo disaster (AMD Ryzen)
Over the past few days, I have done absolutely everything in my power to fix this—including hours of IT troubleshooting, repairing my Windows system via
sfc /scannow, and sending a clean MSInfo32 file to support. When looking at the diagnostic data, one thing becomes crystal clear: the problem is NOT our computers.This conflict is 100% caused by the faulty Denuvo update interacting with (for example) AMD Ryzen systems (like my Ryzen 7 5700X).The forums and Steam discussions are flooded with players facing the exact same issue. At this point, I want to ask Behaviour Interactive a very sincere question: Where are your priorities?
Do you really think it is acceptable to use thousands of your paying customers as guinea pigs for an update that was clearly only tested under sterile laboratory conditions? Do you seriously think it's okay that this faulty code has crashed PCs worldwide, destabilized operating systems, and corrupted vital system files (like
appsruprov.dll)? While this critical issue is being completely met with radio silence, advertisements for your new merch are popping up on Steam. Are you serious?I am definitely not alone when I demand: Shut down this test phase IMMEDIATELY, roll back the update, and issue an official statement!
Regarding compensation: It is completely absurd that players who experience in-game crashes or lobby disconnects are showered with Bloodpoints and a few Shards, while thousands of us who cannot even launch the game—or whose Windows systems were damaged by the hard crashes—receive absolutely nothing. Bloodpoints are thrown at us everywhere anyway. We deserve proper, real compensation (like an automatic Rift Pass extension) and, above all, an official and sincere apology!
This is no longer just about a few lost in-game matches. This update has corrupted operating systems in the real world and pushed hardware to its limits. I am not writing this out of spite, but as an urgent appeal: think long and hard about where your priorities lie and address this issue before the community collectively starts looking into compensation and damage claims. What exactly are you trying to test here when a massive part of your player base is completely locked out of the game??
PLEASE shut this failure down now
Furthermore, I want to emphasize that not every Dead by Daylight player is an IT professional. Through your negligence, you are forcing regular gamers to become computer technicians just to protect their systems.We must also talk about the psychological impact of this disaster. For many of us, this game is a place to escape daily stress and connect with friends. Instead, you have subjected your community to days of severe anxiety, panic, and stress. Seeing a costly PC brutally crash with Blue Screens creates genuine fear of hardware damage or losing accounts. Everyone handles stress differently, and many players are truly suffering under this situation.You are not just breaking a game; you are actively disrupting the mental well-being of your paying community. Please, look at the human cost of this failure...
When I tried launching the game, my antivirus thought the Shipping file was a trojan and deleted it immediately, causing the launch to fail.
I managed to get the game launched after I allowed it on my antivirus, but I've been noticing the game has been occasionally freezing and stuttering since this update. This wasn't happening before.
I can't believe this is who you're blaming, the devs and the management etc likely know what they are doing, devs 100% know and management maybe not all of em but they know they're making an unbalanced game even more unbalanced. By management I don't mean managers I mean people who can or do manage. Now that we get that out of the way, for short term benefit what the management is doing is better, yet worse in the near future for money, although being selfish in the long term (selfless) is not be the best play if not implemented correctly and some investors might pull out in this time of struggle. It's A risk. What they're doing is an even bigger risk tho, supporting and letting people whom are on the verge of quitting since 10 years ago but only on the survivor side have a major say in the conversation.
I haven't played DBD for the whole week because of the new anti cheat causing my PC to lock up. It's also gave me an error from EAC which I would assume is deactivated at the time but it truly has been a bad experience this week with the denuvo anti cheat.
Every other game i play as killer or survivor i experience fps drops until i just get disconnected. This has never happened before this update. Hope they change it
i had no problem launching the game on my pc before the new denuvo update but now when i try to open the game it completely freezes my pc and forces me to hard reset, it is absolutely horrible