Separate lower level casual players and higher level competitive players with proper perk adjustment
This is from my perspective as a survivor main and has been for my entire time playing this game. However, I do occasionally play killer, mainly in customs with some friends. A large part of my enjoyment of this game came from build crafting, finding unique and fun ways to put perks together to make something that felt like my own. And yet time and time again I get on the game and see that the dev team has decided that the top 1% of survivors can make do without these perks, so therefore I shouldn't need them either. Not only that, but the way these nerfs are happening makes it very obvious that the dev team is pushing for only a gen rush play style to be the only viable option. I understand that balance is important, but the fact that the top 1% of players dictate how the rest of us get to play has driven me away from this game time and time again. I really want to enjoy this game again, which is why my suggestion boils down to adding a ranked option where the perk nerfs stay the same, and a casual mode where you revert changes like diminishing returns for survivors and killers, and return perks to their older, stronger states, like Vigil cutting returns to 40 or 66% and working on all effects again instead of only exhaustion same for killer perks.
Comments
We do not balance the game for the top 1% of players - we balance for the players in that majority area, which is why there can be more imbalance in the lower and top levels of MMR.
Vigil was changed because it negatively impacts killer powers. It did far too much in reducing the times for all status effects, so one perk counteracts way too many things.
The majority of players ran it for exhaustion reduction, and that is the one we kept albeit at a reduced rate.
I understand why Vigil changed. I know you can't satisfy everyone. But balancing is a forever project, and doing balance updates shows how serious you are about the game. Change will always be there.
Yes the times 5 years ago were different. And we all had a perk or two we all loved. But in today, it wouldn't work so well. (Change is needed)
Thank you so much for you and the whole BHVR team for everything! DBD forever!🔥