Adept Slugging Doesn’t Reward Killers When Survivors Bleed Out

My issue with adepts is how flawed they are on both sides where as a survivor can just rat with key and make it spawn where they want with a offering so a guaranteed escape unless just lucky or played wrong and only needing to do it once for the achievement. While killer has to get a perfect 4k without a bleed out which I was robbed of many adepts due to survivors ratting away and had a game where they plot twisted to bleed out due to pettiness I cannot fathom why as a killer a slug kill isn't a adept achievement it should be a 3k at minimum due to hatch being a petty mechanic or allow slugs to count as a kill for it when there are perks that can just ruin the entire pressure the killer gets with a single button.

Comments

  • @Sinocolo said:

    My issue with adepts is how flawed they are on both sides where as a survivor can just rat with key and make it spawn where they want with a offering so a guaranteed escape unless just lucky or played wrong and only needing to do it once for the achievement. While killer has to get a perfect 4k without a bleed out which I was robbed of many adepts due to survivors ratting away and had a game where they plot twisted to bleed out due to pettiness I cannot fathom why as a killer a slug kill isn't a adept achievement it should be a 3k at minimum due to hatch being a petty mechanic or allow slugs to count as a kill for it when there are perks that can just ruin the entire pressure the killer gets with a single button.

    It's because there is not much skill required to slug. The Entity wants the sacrifice so to get the adept you need to put the work in. You can also bring a Hatch offering if you like.

  • I also don't think slugging and letting a survivor bleed out should count as a kill. That would make things too easy for the Killer, and no one would enjoy the game anymore since matches would simply end after three minutes. In my opinion, that defeats the purpose of the game. However, I also find the situation with "Plot Twist" outrageous. I love that perk (I really enjoy using it as a Survivor, too, but not to kill myself) I use it to heal, which is what it was designed for. When Survivors misuse the perk to let themselves bleed out in a corner… THAT should count as a normal kill for the Killer, because it amounts to griefing. Getting an Adept achievement with a 3K would be much easier for a lot of people that way, but in my eyes, it would be too easy (I haven't managed to get Adept achievements for any Killer yet myself, though I’ll keep trying). Maaaayyybe there could be an exception where a 3K only counts for the Adept achievement if the last Survivor escapes through the hatch.

  • If slugging counted then you can down all 4 survivors (in hopes of no Unbreakable, Expo, whatever else) and just let them bleed out which is not how the game is intended to be played. Hence why you get way less bloodpoints for not hooking.

    Originally you needed a 4k AND get so many bloodpoints (pretty sure you needed Iri Emblems in all four categories) for adepts to count (which made 1 shot killers like Hillybilly, Cannibal, Myers very hard to achieve adept challenges because they don't get as many points in the brutality category). The current system is much better than it used to be. If you're worried about last survivor finding hatch then maybe bring a hatch offering so you don't feel the need to slug.

  • @CodeInThePit said:

    I also don't think slugging and letting a survivor bleed out should count as a kill. That would make things too easy for the Killer, and no one would enjoy the game anymore since matches would simply end after three minutes. In my opinion, that defeats the purpose of the game. However, I also find the situation with "Plot Twist" outrageous. I love that perk (I really enjoy using it as a Survivor, too, but not to kill myself) I use it to heal, which is what it was designed for. When Survivors misuse the perk to let themselves bleed out in a corner… THAT should count as a normal kill for the Killer, because it amounts to griefing. Getting an Adept achievement with a 3K would be much easier for a lot of people that way, but in my eyes, it would be too easy (I haven't managed to get Adept achievements for any Killer yet myself, though I’ll keep trying). Maaaayyybe there could be an exception where a 3K only counts for the Adept achievement if the last Survivor escapes through the hatch.

    I truly do like the idea of adepts counting with 3k hatch. Especially since a 3k is still counted as win and for the survivor technically a hatch escape doesn't count as a win (in MMR sense). But yet a hatch escape does give adept achievement for the survivor.

  • Yeah sure, just reward a rotten playstyle that shouldnt even exist in the first place. Also you just cannot make survivors require anything team-related, cause no single survivor has the power to decide the team-outcome of this game.

    Its just as it is and they wont change it ever, though nobody would complain if they would have eased up the requirements on killer.