What is causing the crazy long killer queue times?
Killer queues times are higher than I can ever remember in the years I’ve been playing this game. 2v8 queue times have always been long for killers, but in this most recent version I’ve been consistently seeing times between 30-40 minutes, way higher than ever before. 1v4 mode killer queue times are also much longer than I’ve ever seen them.
In my personal experience, the killer side doesn’t feel overly easy. I regularly get matched against good survivors who know how to loop and coordinate and most of my matches require a lot of skill and effort to have a decent chance of winning.
On the survivor side, my most frustrating matches aren’t due to killers being overly strong, but regularly getting matched with teammates who are just bad at the game. The average teammate often gets downed very quickly and doesn’t have good game sense to know what to do in certain situations. When I have competent teammates, the matches are almost always enjoyable even if we lose. But it has been this way for me for a long time and that is not something that is new that would explain the increased queue time imbalance.
The overall killer vs survivor balance seems to be in a good spot based on my experience playing both sides, so I don’t know how to explain what’s going on. Has anything fundamentally changed with game balance recently that is making the game less fun and competitive for survivor players? Is it still because of Jason bringing a lot more people than usual to the killer side? Something else entirely?
I’m hoping to get thoughts on what is causing this from people who play both sides regularly and not the divisive “it’s because BHVR hates survivor players” type of comments that aren’t helpful.
Comments
I've had 14 minutes 2 hours later at 10am btw.
Yeah same for me showing 14 minutes right now on EU
The times are a lot quicker in NA. The first pic I took around 3pm (or 15:00) and the second was taken at 10pm (22:00)
The devs don't hate survivor but they ae more scared of changing survivor too much then killer.
Everything about survivor is watered down and is always a boring either useless or just uninteresting.
Anytime anything for survivor new comes out there is instant complain from killers and immediate nerf.
Survivors do the same sure, but they are often ignored, looks at Jason.
LOL getting downvoted for simply showing that you don’t have a super long killer queue time. Some people here get mad at anything that doesn’t fit their preferred narrative even if it’s indisputable real-life evidence that you just showed.
I’m glad I’m not the only one that was thinking this. This isn’t even a “them vs us” thing it’s just a wait time lol
That's what happens when one side dominates the entire content creator landscape. They get to control the narratives. 500 Youtube videos about how a change is the literal end of the world and suddenly everyone is losing their minds. Survivor has nothing like that.
I don't understand how they claim neutrality when the desired Kill rate is 60%
That obviously favors Killers by 10%
I do believe that it has the intended effect of maintaining and even growing the player base though. That alongside the monopoly they have on horror IP's.
Catering to the content creators and their audience has worked out for them. It's the only A sym that survives. Kinda hard to argue against it from this perspective.
But there is a fine line, how far they can push this. They've pushed me out of the Survivor role. Nearly out of the game altogether.
I still play 3-man as well, with 3-6K hours, and even with that much experience we don't get sweaty killers every match. Our results are actually better than our 4-man with the rookies.
Could be something with what time of day you play? Yesterday we had 4× P100 killers a row that was rough. They win a lot because survivors just don't have tools we used to have more pallets, bigger maps and better perks. Lot of killers powers now so strong that just not much you can do. But then today we had sweats only half of time and then killers who were completely new players. Not much in between.
I play only rarely killer anymore just not enjoying it alone no matter how powerful it is. Because my survivor experience is still more positive I stick to that. New perks nerfs sucks too like do they want killers to tunnel or what with 5s BT? Judgement with her build in tunnel power.
The question isn't what's causing the queue times; the question is, how is anyone even playing Survivor anymore? Now you're all whining because there are no Survivors left well, go ahead and play by yourselves against bots. Let's start with the nerfs: medkits, syringes, the slowing down of the healing meta, Styptic Agent, toolboxes, Tenacity, Vigil, Distortion, Deliverance, Off the Record, Adrenaline, Sprint Burst ,Shane Wiigwaas has hit the market, and his "Cross-Examination" perk didn't even last a week before getting nerfed due to complaints from Killers! is a joke???... not to mention the tunneling (keep it up, keep ruining the game; it's incredible that P100 players still do it and defend it), the fake-out hits whit kanekis that went on for months, and—as if that weren't enough—we can't even kill ourselves on the hook! You guys really deserve 50-minute queues and that’s coming from a P100 Myers.