DBD CUSTOM GAMES MAPS/CUSTOM MAPS!

I want developers to see this and also the community. I would like constructive criticism from the community and the developers I think this would help the longevity of the game and make it more positive and fun for people to get into! . IDEA 1. So for quick context the host /creator of the lobby can do this I was thinking about what if we could have modifiers that have already came out and some new ones sprinkled in some examples LIGHT OUT, Random Perk modifiers, Customizing how many gens there are in the trial Limit will be 5 or 1 of course (can be set for killers survivors or both)  the idea of it is you could use aspect of the said modifiers to customize the game to make it different for example maybe there is no fog and only 2 gens and the killer doesn't have a terror radius. Also a random perk generator added in and the idea of making lanterns accessible and adjusting the density of the fog would be sick too. EXAMPLE 2. So here are the unique modifiers I was thinking about: The idea of making it first person or third person for killers and survivors individually as a group. Along with the idea of giving the game a count down in customs that is above the screen for everyone in the middle. EXAMPLE OF USE : You guys have to survive the killer and once the timer is up the gates open and everyone has to make it to the gates you can of course customize the time up to 10,15,20 minutes. I think there should also be a modifier option where you can spawn more chests around the map and different rarities  of all the items with random generated attachments can be in the chest. Next thing about items and map offerings I think you should be able to adjust what tier of items and add on anyone in the lobby can bring into a match and you could do it individually between also the host of the said lobby has the possibility of changing scratch marks to footsteps or adjust auras. To add one to what i was saying I also think the host should have way more customization options before the match like the amount of gens and filtering in or out aspects of certain modifiers that have been introduced into the game

EXAMPLE 3. MAP CHANGES I think it would be really cool if you can choose where you want pallets, lockers, chest  and gens on maps that already exist. BUT wouldn’t it be so cool if you can choose to start with a blank flat state of either Grass , Stone, dirt or snow where you can put already made assets that are in the game such as trees, rocks, buildings, pallets lockers so on and so forth But when doing this it is like your customizing and outside map with the option of having buildings. FOR EXAMPLE: Imagine building a forest like map and you have the garden of joy house and the Greenville square FNAF building on your custom made map and so on. For more examples of assets you could use any dead bodies on any of the maps you can place them where you please! Same with if you wanna add gens you can choose where to put them outside or inside the buildings! You could also add statues from sanctum of wraith anywhere or the animatronics, Cars ,Trash, Big signs like the Gas heaven, or water towers stuff like that and you can choose between different tree types based on all the maps available to you in the game! Or even the crops on rotten fields. I think it would also be amazing if you can pick when a certain part of your custom maps open either with the timer i was talking about or when a certain gen or a certain amount of gens get done another thing i meant to add is customizing scratch marks as either footsteps or regular marks and moving around hooks along with all the other stuff i said and customizing the hook stats of survivors or how many downs you need to mori if nun at all.

EXAMPLE 4. HOST/MAP CREATOR CUSTOMIZATION- Along with all the other stuff i said the host can do I think after you are done with your map/game mode you should be able to name it give it a description and a picture taken from in game of it you should be able to set it as private for just you and your friends or public for everyone to try and there should be a new tab in dbd when you hit play and then you see community maps or games! For everyone to try out and if it is private for you and your friends you guys should have a code to put in that is generated. That is all Hope some of the ideas you guys like and hope a dev that has sometime of power can bring this idea to the big man himself and add it in I don’t care about credited either I just think it would help make the game more positive and fun and help the community interact with each other more in game


Comments

  • This will be added towards the start of 2027, players will be able to make custom maps and game modes. It waa announced during the anniversary stream a while back.

  • @pidgeon said:

    This will be added towards the start of 2027, players will be able to make custom maps and game modes. It waa announced during the anniversary stream a while back.

    WAIT WHICH ANNIVERSARY STREAM? Was it the one where they introduced the graphics update?

  • @pidgeon said:

    This will be added towards the start of 2027, players will be able to make custom maps and game modes. It waa announced during the anniversary stream a while back.

    Just wanted to manage expectations on what was announced, we do not have an ETA, so I don't want anyone to expect it "early 2027".

  • @Balrog said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4107480#Comment_4107480

    Just wanted to manage expectations on what was announced, we do not have an ETA, so I don't want anyone to expect it "early 2027".

    Oh my bad I could've sworn it was later this year or early 2027 I must be thinking of something else.