An Infection Mode centered around a new, original killer.
We've had the same 3 modes thrown at us for a while now and I think it's high time we had something different - but different doesn't necessarily need to mean new or original. Infection Mode is a classic party game: killer turns survs into another killer and survs simply have to survive the time limit before the exits auto open.
The thing is it would be a pain in the bum bum for BHVR to balance that mode around the current roster, but that's the fun part - they could design a killer specifically for the mode (could be a mini chapter).
I always feel like an idiot mentioning this, but there's a Roblox game called Banana Eats and it's pretty much DbD for kids with a banana monster. That has an infection mode and with each player the killer gets, they slow down. It's marginal at first but once there are more killers than survivors they are noticeably slower. I played it with my kid and I remember thinking "man, this would be a tonne of fun on DbD.".
The killer concept would largely be aesthetic as it would be an M1 with a weak aura revealer that has a large wind up. That is because it's main power would be the infection itself, so if anyone has any ideas as to what it could look like I'd love to read it or if there's any folklore that fits it thematically it would be awesome to learn about that.
Anyway, just an idea for something new. Would love to see My Little Oni back more often too.
Comments
Honestly I'm assuming this is what they're going to do as it would be impossible to win against certain killers.
this honestly would be an epic idea. Infection mode.
I mean, we're getting a zombie infection game mode down the line in the future, after the code & graphical overhaul has been completed.
Simplicity itself! In Banana Eats the initial killer is decided by random (with chance percentage increasing in each round you're not killer) so it would eliminate queue times for specific roles as each of you get a turn in the lobby
I've seen nothing on this pray do tell yo what's this about?
I agree completely - at most they could be used as skins so they wouldn't have their own powers but the same stated (M1 and weak aura with long wind up) but I suspect creating a killer specifically for the mode would be the better option.
it could be fun. this idea is pretty timeless I remember playing both Infection and Michael Myers in Call of Duty 4 in 2008.