Please never do Lights Out again like this

"Just play the normal mode then" Hey I would love that but I hate the queue times for the normal mode get destroyed while we have a event modes.

Lights out is terrible designed. The main game already has a big problem with generator speeds so why the hell would survivors get a free 20% repair speed boost in a mode where you have to guess where the survivors are because you have no way to track them if you don't play killers like Legion or Singularity.

"But the survivors have a slower reaction time because the killer has no terror radius so chases end quicker" is also no argument because every survivor with more then like 5 hours in the game played against a undetectable Killer in the past and knows to look around and they have their free Windows of Opportunity whenever they want.

Even at the start of the match you get punished. All the generators start with a bit of progress so the Survivors find the generator quickly. That itself is ridiculous because again any survivor with a few more hours in the game knows where every generator spawns on every map and isn't the point of the mode that you have a harder time finding stuff??? If you want the generator to make no noise you have to kick it which not only wastes time but also brings you faster to your generator kick limit they intruduced a while ago because of two badly designed killers that could hold people hostage.

Comments

  • I mean Idk if it's region dependant but my queue times (u.k. and western europe servers) on public queue have been perfectly normal.

    And my killer experience in lights out hasn't been that bad. Still pulling well over a 50% kill rate. Don't get me wrong, I don't enjoy it and won't be playing it again, it's an annoying and unfun gamemode. But if other ppl wanna play it I'm not fussed.

  • Please always do special modes like chaos shuffle, lights out and 2v8 like this. One week of a certain special mode does not push normal queue times that hard. Four weeks of 2v8 does make the game borderline unplayable. This is a nice middle ground.

  • What if one of these modes make a permanent entry into the game????

  • I'm having a great time this iteration, it's been a lot of fun. Definately a mode aimed at more casual players, and I love it for that, I've had so many varied matches and killers I dont normally see. Great fun.

  • @Angy_Quentin said:

    Please always do special modes like chaos shuffle, lights out and 2v8 like this. One week of a certain special mode does not push normal queue times that hard. Four weeks of 2v8 does make the game borderline unplayable. This is a nice middle ground.

    I second this idea. I've enjoyed it much more this way because it helps keep all the modes fresh (though I did want to see a bit more Chaos Shuffle).

    I barely touch the Killer side at all for the month when 2V8 is live because all my usual Survivors are in 2V8 and BHVR banished my Killer of choice to the void. 2V8 overstays its welcome every time but the player numbers and money it makes BHVR mean that we're probably gonna be stuck with the way things are.

  • @tjt85 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4106623#Comment_4106623

    I second this idea. I've enjoyed it much more this way because it helps keep all the modes fresh (though I did want to see a bit more Chaos Shuffle).

    I barely touch the Killer side at all for the month when 2V8 is live because all my usual Survivors are in 2V8 and BHVR banished my Killer of choice to the void. 2V8 overstays its welcome every time but the player numbers and money it makes BHVR mean that we're probably gonna be stuck with the way things are.

    Yeah i dont think it's the way BHVR wants to handle 2v8. I think they will either keep going like theyve done it before or they will even make 2v8 permanent.

  • If queue times are long in normal queue, then that means players are enjoying Lights Out.