Lights ON

I think that's a more accurate name for this event be what was the thought process behind these changes "Let's take an event where the whole point is it's dark and you can't see anything and neither side gets perks, but give survivors basekit windows so it completely defeats the point of it being dark"

I don't really get into balance discussions but I can't keep quiet over this like cmon man, it's a gamemode literally built for killers to have an advantage because they can sneak up on survivors and survivors can't see resources but one of those advantages is almost completely gone with these changes (not to mention the event doesn't seem like it's as dark as it used to be. Could just be me tho)

At the very least they could've brought down the distance of how far resources are shown to somewhat keep it in check but even then it still defeats the purpose of it being dark. I genuinely do not see a reason for this being needed, survivors already had things to help them such as pre-progressed gens, faster repair speeds, 60s endurance off an unhook, plus now they just get to see the gate switches too the whole point of this gamemode is your not supposed to be able to see how is a concept as simple as that being messed up

In this modes current state I'd take something like My Little Oni over it instead (Bhvr please bring it back someday it was actually fun)

Comments

  • Did notice that the killers also had a red stain this time around too. Don't remember that being a thing back then.

    Edit: There was but yeah used to be WAY darker. Now you got a giant sphere that prevents the fog from being there on your screen so it became more apparent.

  • As killer i noticed being stealthy is way harder. As survivor i will have to try how it feels yet.

  • This content has been removed.
  • I mean, Killers were basically only running Killers who also defeat the purpose of the mode. So it is not like Killers wanted to embrace a mode in full darkness anyway.

    And honestly, Lights Out is the modifier we had so far which is the most unenjoyable for Survivors and the most unpopular one. They tried to change things by giving the Survivors the Lanters and then see from there if it makes sense to do this or not. After all, it is just a fun game mode and they are trying around what works and what does not work.

  • I don't know, the lanterns are honestly kind of fun even on the killer side for me, not just survivor. Yeah, they make survivors carrying them better at looping, but I also can see them clearly so they can't break and run as easily, which is a fair enough tradeoff IMO. Plus I think they add to the spooky atmosphere more than remove from it, especially if its on a gen and breakable, theres something satisfying about darkening the area before I leave or intimidating about having the gen I was 'safe' at before now be more dangerous when I come back to it.

  • We are not complaining about mode that surviviors didnt want to ever play because it wasnt enjoyable, right?

  • @Brimp said:

    Did notice that the killers also had a red stain this time around too. Don't remember that being a thing back then.

    Edit: There was but yeah used to be WAY darker. Now you got a giant sphere that prevents the fog from being there on your screen so it became more apparent.

    They had actual I believe but now I would take it off and call it a day.

    Thats why ghostface is strong there he can shut it off or mayers.

  • Ill admit the killer pov is 10x darker. You can lose someone after the first hit, because you can barely see the bloodpools on the floor let alone where they went lol unless they got a lantern for you to follow like a bug zapper.

  • You're holding a lantern, of course you can see, in an indoor map no less lol

    The trade off is the killer can see you, I've avoided using lanterns so I can stealth more.