Yet another survivor sided event
The devs yet again hand holding survivors because they can’t handle just getting good. The Lights Out event is back with some pretty awful changes. The first time it came out, all generators started with 5% progress because survivors couldn’t just learn the map and needed extra help. Which they didn’t change. But then because survivors are crybabies, we now have lanterns which gives every survivor holding one WINDOWS OF OPPORTUNITY. So they turned a game mode that was supposed to be pitch black and perk less, into dark for killers only and survivors get WOO…. And on TOP of that, survivors can get rid of a lantern and put it on a completed gen to blackout all the killers from seeing gens. And you might be saying “well at least if they do that killers can break them” true true true… oh one thing though? THEY DIDN’T EVEN EXIST THE FIRST TIME. It’s just a free item that if killers want to break, they have to waste even more time.
The devs spit in the killers faces every update and I’m sick of it.
Comments
I play both sides and completely disagree with this. The killer role is fine. If you’re not having fun as killer in the Lights Out mode, just don’t play it.
This is the most killer sided event in the game. survivors are entirely perkless save for a lantern which provides you with windows and some limited aura reading AND THEY DROP THEM when hit by the killer. meanwhile killers have no terror radius and survivors have no recourse to a survivor being tunneled out of the game or losing VIA slugging as there are no perks for altruism or anti tunneling options. if you removed every perk from the game you would have the fact that Killers are just better than survivors, that is how the game works to begin with. all Lights out does is make the map dark and remove perks. there are killers that can and do run over survivors in regular gameplay if survivors cannot access common perks, and killers who gain extreme advantages when they are able to tunnel and slug / force survivor interaction without any counterplay. every killer is faster than survivors, every killer benefits from having no terror radius. if you cannot catch survivors then its your fault. of course there are killers that really do not transfer well to lights out because of the nature of the game, mainly projectile killers, just don't play them unless you want a challenge on purpose. I don't even know what you mean by "yet another" when the event immediately before this was also killer sided.
I’ve seen a lot of complaining about Windows. Haven’t seen those same people complaining about Killer Instinct or Jasons built in information. Killers have a lot of handicaps too if we’re being fair.
Yet another, and the only other event was the 10 year anniversary, which still saw most killers winning.
I just won't get bringing back Lights Out just to give survivors light and free information.
I'm playing Pig and having a blast. And there's no point reminiscing about "last time" because there's literally a reason we haven't seen this mode in 2 years. Everyone dropped it after a day.
this is why survivor queues are 49 seconds and killer queues are 9 minutes. because it's so very survivor sided everybody wants to play killer.
Free Windows of Opportunity, 60 seconds base-kit OTR, +20% repair speed across the board, and the maps are actually BRIGHTER THAN NORMAL QUEUE
KILLER SIDED EVENT
Faster repair speed I don’t really get. Maybe it’s to make up for the lack of perks? I’m biased towards the survivor side, but even I can admit that’s a baffling choice.
Legit though, that's why I'm browsing on here lol I haven't played survivor yet so can't talk to how "sided" it actually is. But it's fun so I'm playing. Good headphones go a long way too.
You deserve what you tolerate. First it was the 10th Anniversary, then Chaos Shuffle, now Lights Out. 2v8 will be next and I hope it won't surprise you, because it shouldn't. Killer queues are still long. Your complaints here mean nothing, I've seen what you'll queue for. The killer beatings will continue until queue times improve.
You are still complaining with long killer queue?
Surviviors don't want to play and we still have a problem with devs helping them out?
That's getting ridiculous.
The handful of complaints on the internet from perpetually angry people and the reality of queue times and kill rates almost certainly do not mesh.
It's honestly utterly irrelevant if it's this-sided or that-sided. Queue times are king, killer queues are nasty long in my experience, so they want and need more people to play survivor. Simple as that.
This Lights Out is indeed survivor sided. People is just blinded because the previous Lights Out was killer sided. I don't mind survivors having Windows of Opportunity or 20% repair boosts; I mind survivors having both of those.
this community is so pathetic. This is why I main ghoul now. I used to main nemesis. A simple yet fun B- tier killer because he had cool animations and I love resident evil. But the truth is? Survivors are the problem and do not deserve to have fun. Tunnel more. Slug more. The replies to my objective truth, calling out the unfair balance of this game. Has been met with nothing but shame from the survivors. I no longer care about any of your feelings, and I will be playing every match with the intent to ruin it for you people. And I know more people feel like me as well. Every salty survivor tear makes me happy. I can’t wait tunnel every single game until learn their place.