3 matches in

And I've already had 2 killers proxy camping and securing a 3 gen from the get go in a game mode where survivors get practically 0 information. I legitimately do not see ANY reason why survivors would ever want to play this modifier outside of its initial (and very brief) novelty factor.

On top of that, one of my biggest gripes from the last iteration has made a return, where using the lamp/candelabra (which supposedly allows you to see more) causes a bright yellow/orange glare, which actually makes the little you can see, HARDER to see.

In theory, this modifier could be quite interesting, but so far, all 3 iterations have been absolutely miserable to play on, and the changes that BHVR are making to seemingly alleviate this, are tackling things that aren't even issues to begin with.

Comments

  • 1000004881.jpg

    I thought we learned the lesson that this mode should have never come back after the first time

  • Honestly I don’t know why anyone plays this mode whether it’s killer or survivor. I played it once when it first came out and then never again. I have a feeling when most people play it again they’ll remember why BHVR waited so long to bring it back again.

  • There's a reason it went away. I wanted it to come back but with changes. A lantern was not it.

  • I enjoy it for the experience more than actually trying to get out, playing survivor can be terrifying haha

    I've been lucky enough to get ghostface, unknown, chuckie

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WHBNQ6A5IRME/1000004881.jpg

    I thought we learned the lesson that this mode should have never come back after the first time

    😂

  • Yeah this gamemode is cooked. Never bring it back BHVR. You looked at a wheel and decided to add corners to it. The most baffeling gameplay changes and decisions have been made with this iteration.

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    I enjoy it for the experience more than actually trying to get out, playing survivor can be terrifying haha

    I've been lucky enough to get ghostface, unknown, chuckie

    Fact is its closes where DBD got to the horror, total dark and then just maniac with chainsaw jumps on you around corner.

  • I've only played three matches so far. The first match I had a slugging Twins on Lerys. Not fun but at least the Twins player was generous enough to let me escape when I was the last survivor alive.

    The same, however, cannot be said about the following two matches I had against a Knight and a Jason player respectively. Both of whom just straight up hard tunneled me out of the game. And with no medkits and aura reading making it impossible to heal and not being able to see more than 5 feet ahead, idk how anyone in good conscious can say that this event is "survivor sided", let alone why anyone would wanna waste their time playing solo q survivor in this mode.

  • Yeah I came here to say this, Chaos Shuffle is already killer sided badly and most killer players just continue to abuse tunneling and slugging more since survs cannot choose perks to defend against it, but Lights Out is HORRIBLE, unplayable even in the new form, I'll skip it.

  • @BreadSilence said:

    I've only played three matches so far. The first match I had a slugging Twins on Lerys. Not fun but at least the Twins player was generous enough to let me escape when I was the last survivor alive.

    The same, however, cannot be said about the following two matches I had against a Knight and a Jason player respectively. Both of whom just straight up hard tunneled me out of the game. And with no medkits and aura reading making it impossible to heal and not being able to see more than 5 feet ahead, idk how anyone in good conscious can say that this event is "survivor sided", let alone why anyone would wanna waste their time playing solo q survivor in this mode.

    i mean your being tunneled in a game where there is zero info for the killer, he cant chase someone else if he doesnt see someone else.

    there is nowhere to go but the hook if your not in chase and gens dont exactly slow down in this mode since survs can know where all gens are.

    tunneling is not an argument in this mode

  • This content has been removed.