Should Hag get a full rework or just buffed?

Hag has fallen behind quite a bit in the grand scheme of DBD and is dire need of changes. But with her kit, would buffs be truely enough to bring her up the tier list or would a full a rework be needed to modernize her for 2026 DBD?

Here's my two cents on this and feel free to disagree with me on this, but i think its time Hag just gets a full on rework. I know Hag has her players and she has a certain charm to her that will be lost if reworked, but i just do not see a way for her to become that much better with some buffs. What would BHVR even buff her teleport range, number of traps available, or just make her movement speed faster while changing some addons? I just feel like Hag should be reworked into a more classic depiction of a "hag" kinda like how they are portrayed in myth or dnd.

Comments

  • She's a 4.4 m/s killer who has to place traps that can be wiped away and no other power.

    They could make her 4.6 m/s and it wouldn't make much of a difference.

  • Make her:

    → 4.6

    → Triggered traps give 10 % hindred

    → She has 30s cooldown to teleport to any chosen trap

    With these she migh be more viable, current Hag is all about getting someone into basement and set as many traps around as possible.

  • @Xray said:

    Hag has fallen behind quite a bit in the grand scheme of DBD and is dire need of changes. But with her kit, would buffs be truely enough to bring her up the tier list or would a full a rework be needed to modernize her for 2026 DBD?

    Here's my two cents on this and feel free to disagree with me on this, but i think its time Hag just gets a full on rework. I know Hag has her players and she has a certain charm to her that will be lost if reworked, but i just do not see a way for her to become that much better with some buffs. What would BHVR even buff her teleport range, number of traps available, or just make her movement speed faster while changing some addons? I just feel like Hag should be reworked into a more classic depiction of a "hag" kinda like how they are portrayed in myth or dnd.

    Balance aside I'd love to see some dnd themed hag skins. The bheur or annis hags would be very cool (literally in the case of a bheur hag 😆)

  • @Xray said:

    Hag has fallen behind quite a bit in the grand scheme of DBD and is dire need of changes. But with her kit, would buffs be truely enough to bring her up the tier list or would a full a rework be needed to modernize her for 2026 DBD?

    Here's my two cents on this and feel free to disagree with me on this, but i think its time Hag just gets a full on rework. I know Hag has her players and she has a certain charm to her that will be lost if reworked, but i just do not see a way for her to become that much better with some buffs. What would BHVR even buff her teleport range, number of traps available, or just make her movement speed faster while changing some addons? I just feel like Hag should be reworked into a more classic depiction of a "hag" kinda like how they are portrayed in myth or dnd.

    Honestly I think she would need a rework for anyone to play her. I play this game since 2021 and I've never seen that she would be played in even a moderate amount really.

    I honestly also just got her for the hexes and that's it, her playstyle simply isn't very fun to play even if she would be stronger.

  • Probably not a popular opinion but I think she just needs a buff. I don't want her to get a rework because then no doubt it'll take away variety

  • Should start match with random traps in place around the map. It would help her setup time even if it is RNG. Survivors aren't aware at the beginning and wont be cautious. It wouldn't pay off every time but it could lead into an early chase and quick start.

    Her Addon kit should be looked at. With some creativity it shouldn't be too hard to add some quality and variety to her traps. Just have to be careful you don't turn her into "free hits".

    You could argue that her RNG and setup should justify the "free hit" eventually but it just never feels good to be in a situation you cant try to counter play. Then again the counterplay was supposed to be, don't trigger her trap, lol.

    I say buff her.

  • Honestly I'd prefer a rework because not only do I think that buffs would optimistically at best put her at B tier, but also I and a lot of the community hate to go against her, even if she is weak

  • She does not need a full rework. She needs adjustements one main change is to just make her normal speed there is no reason her to be slower even if she can teleport. Then go through her add-ons and update/rework them. She has few unique ones that just need some minor adjustements several others should be reworked as we don't need several add-ons that do the samething with 1%/1s difference that is something we need to move away from as there is no reason to use lower add-on when you have the better one. All add-ons should be unique in that way that they are not copies of another one.

    They also need to fix the husk spawning scare so you can't abuse it and in my opinion Hag getting minor speedboost for short duration or to her m1 attack after teleport would not be bad to test. Placement speed might also be needed to be made faster.

    Most older killers would be way more valid to use if they just go and rework and adjust the add-ons they have.

    Like one add-on could work like this. After she teleports she can do hits without cooldown for short duration if the hit does not hit a survivor or object. Like would be minor version of Mad Grit.

  • Best way imo is to make her 4.6m

    Reduce the slowdown after teleporting to a trap.

    Then make wiping traps away take more and more time, obviously it would have a cap on it but yeah. I think it would be a good way to modernize her a bit.

    If she is still mediocre and clunky, I think a bigger rework should be discussed.

  • They should make a bunch of her addons basekit, including Mint Rag, while also addressing the weirdness with her momentum/inertia when teleporting by giving her a slight haste effect after teleporting to a triggered trap (if Jason gets it why shouldn't she?). They should then make it impossible to place traps near hooked Survivors so her camping play style, especially basement camping, is less effective. I'd also appreciate removing her traps to be slower or riskier for Survivors in some way like with Unknown's Hallucinations.

    Hag is one of these Killers that is extremely feast-or-famine depending on whether Survivors co-ordinate and are mentally switched on. She can absolutely stomp pub games with her area control when Survivors are clueless and/or unfamiliar with how you play against her (understandably so given she's a such rare Killer to encounter) but she is effectively unplayable against experienced Survivors or SWFs who can communicate, which is why she is almost never played in comp settings. Both ends of this extreme need to be addressed at the same time or baby Survivors would get ripped to shreds by future buffs.

  • I think making her 4.6 defeats the point of hag and she'd go from being a trap killer to anti loop. Just make her teleport have infinite range so it doesn't feel like she has to 3 gen every game and can afford to chase if the chase leaves the web and rework the insect add ons.

  • She desperately needs an update and an addon pass but I don't think she should be fully reworked.

    I think making her permanently 4.6m/s sort of defeats the point of her design though so I wouldn't want to see that, however I would support giving her a temporary haste buff after teleporting to help her actually get that hit

  • @Elan said:

    Make her:

    → 4.6

    → Triggered traps give 10 % hindred

    → She has 30s cooldown to teleport to any chosen trap

    With these she migh be more viable, current Hag is all about getting someone into basement and set as many traps around as possible.

    I actually think this is pretty good. I think she needs 4.6 or a jason style (becomes 4.6 for like 20 seconds after teleporting to a set off trap), and basically make it so if you time it perfectly, setting off a trap should always grant a hit and then letter her teleport to any trap for a little mobility is solid on a cooldown.

    From there they need to remove some more annoying aspects, make it so she has hook punishmenets like other killers when teleporting to a trap near a hook like jason and such, and make her basement play far less annoying.

  • Hag Main Here, she’s doesn’t need a rework but rather number tweaks. Particularly the movement speed penalty upon teleporting to a triggered trap needs to be shortened. Maybe Change what Disfigured Ear and Grandma’s Heart do as they aren’t very good add-ons.

  • @Linkdouken said:

    Probably not a popular opinion but I think she just needs a buff. I don't want her to get a rework because then no doubt it'll take away variety

    With good buffs she can work devs justifyed her being 4,4 because she is short but nowdays after chucky,sadako and many other killers thats thing of the past.

    Traps need some sort of buffs either increase range of teleport, give hinder, her having no hinder after teleport or make them harder to whipe off something from this.

    If hag will be 4,6 m/s and have better map preasure with bigger range where she cant trap near hooks she will be fine.

  • Please do not rework one of the three trap killers in the game.

  • A rework is a completely awful idea.

    Look what a blight was brought upon Myers with it.

    Conceptually, Hag is completely fine. All she needs are improvements in certain pain areas.

    I would argue even against a simple 4,6 movement speed buff, since there are much better ways to do this.

  • Reworking a killer just because they are weak or have a low pick rate is not the answer. Its a slap to the face for those who main and love her. Not all killers need to appeal to the general playerbase. As @SoGo mentioned, just look at Myers for what BHVR thinks is a good killer rework. They'd just butcher Hag like Myers making her boring and they'd probably call it a win because more people are interested in a reworked killer than the old one.

    Hag just needs some QoL and maybe a way to make it harder for survivors to just remove her web when she is out hooking.

  • This content has been removed.