Meta perk stacking, SWF bully squads, and my takes on how to fix both

Bully squads have been a prevalent and unfortunate breed of Survivor players that BHVR has never really seemed to swat. Groups of survivors dedicated to making Killers as miserable as possible for their own amusement, stacking flashlights and meta perks like Vigil and Sprint Burst to effectively torture the Killer and make them frustrated to the point of ragequitting or throwing. I don't believe the game will last much longer if these kinds of players are not dealt with, and I wanted to present my personal solution to these issues: each perk and item type can only be equipped by one Survivor, and the game start timer is paused until no Survivors share perks or items. Survivors would also be able to view each other's loadouts to make switching easier, though they couldn't see the Killer's loadout and likewise the Killer can't see the Survivors' loadouts. This prevents the stacking of multiple flashlights/toolboxes as well as alleviating the abuse of strong perks, encouraging survivors to build around each other and give themselves unique "roles" to fulfill on the team. For example, if a player is using a flashlight with Vigil and Sprint Burst to fit into their aggressive, confrontational playstyle, a Survivor on the same team that would have just run the same loadout would instead opt for a more supportive loadout with a medkit, We'll Make It, and other healing perks. This makes it easier for Killers to outplay the stronger perks while also significantly weakening the power of bully squads, all while encouraging the usage of more niche perks and playstyles (like my beloved No Mither). I highly encourage something to be done about these players, this is just what I would do. Let me know if you would do something different.

Tagged: PerksSurvivors

Comments

  • Bro just wants the enitire game to be like comp DBD. If i want to load up with my SB build and a med-kit, I'm going to do just that I don't care if little timmy also has a med-kit I'm brining one. And if BHVR got rid of multiple perks in one match this game would die the next day. You're ideas kill playing with friends for all matches not just bully squads. Which frankly playing with friends makes this game somewhat bareable from the regular ######### show on solo que.

  • I feel toxicity on both sides tbh and equally as bad. There are mechanics that are automatically marked as bullying fe. using toolboxes to sabotage hook or flashlights to saves. Luckily there are ways to counter that if you truly want to. I feel like running pain res, dms, pop and clock every game with wish to not being stopped by anything is kind of impossible.

  • and this will cause infinite lobby dodging because people canโ€™t run the perks they want.

  • Make swfs have less pallets

  • @pidgeon said:

    Make swfs have less pallets

    The solos in a trial with a duo or trio will really enjoy this idea. ๐Ÿ˜•

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4099973#Comment_4099973

    The solos in a trial with a duo or trio will really enjoy this idea. ๐Ÿ˜•

    4p swf has roughly half as much (old pallet density amount), 3p has about a half the pallet density update, 2p has like 3/4 and full solo queue has the full update. Imo this is the most balanced way to balance swfs and solo queue

  • @pidgeon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4100089#Comment_4100089

    4p swf has roughly half as much (old pallet density amount), 3p has about a half the pallet density update, 2p has like 3/4 and full solo queue has the full update. Imo this is the most balanced way to balance swfs and solo queue

    And I would love to see their janky code not mess all that up