My Main Issues with the Game Currently

The First - his power is still far too lenient and unrewarding/uninteractive. killer power concept is a failure to me. I don't recall a game (maybe 1) where the entire lobby sticked around for the entire game (dc-ing after down or at start of the match) a rework or nerf is necessary in my honest opinion.

  • make his power range attack shorter, make him slower, punish more for missing to reduce spamming i.e. spraying and praying. shorten clocks again, 10 seconds is not enough (in respect to the previous nerf)

Jason - he is overtuned, maneuverability is too easy and free in power, built in mori is too quick leaving little to no downtime for survivors to recuperate and plan saves/heals etc. zoning with spear ability is pretty much a joke, tunnelling is far too easy, on top of the mori. The time between hooking a survivor is vital for survivor gameplay and this removes an opportunity to reorganise.

  • he doesn't need killer instinct upon teleporting. The Unknown doesn't get it, Springtrap doesn't get it, Onryo doesn't get it, so why does he? an arguably far stronger killer than the lot of them? killer instinct is feels lazy and unfair to me, it takes away the element of stealth and using gameplay knowledge to find a survivor yourself in return, feeling unrewarding on killer and unfair on survivor, except on certain killers where it feels right e.g. The Legion, The Unknown upon interrupting a dispel etc.

*you should stop adding built in moris to killer powers as this incentives tunnelling, or at least save the built in moris for weaker killers (that need it) and not strong killers who can demolish teams with ease (Jason + The First.

Dracula is still overturned too if i'm being honest.

The Nurse should suffer blindness when blinking, and remove her lunge extend after blinking add on for good.

Killer hitbox blocking pallet drops and pallet saves ever since you messed with collision. You can't save from both sides of the pallet because the hitbox fully just blocks it, same as when a killer walks through a pallet, you sometimes are unable to drop it because the killers hitbox removes the prompt, which in return feels tacky and unfair, a little bulky and clunky, compared to previously where you could drop the pallet as long as you don't move before dropping it after receiving the prompt.

Unemployed build is far too oppressive (Hex: Thrill, Ruin, Undying, Penti etc) you should make totem progress permanent and/or nerf the numbers of thrill. this build is annihilating pubs lately and on top of how easy tunnelling is with someone of the stronger killers - not a very enjoyable experience, and not a very rewarding experience on the killer side.

Lack of EU servers. 100ms+ killers still run rampant on EU servers. Ping is very important for DBD macro/micro gameplay. High ping not only removes the opportunity for micro gameplay upon knowing when do use certain movements etc. - it sucks the fun straight out of the match. High ping needs to be looked at extensively and something needs to be done. Removing the killer having ping priority seems valid for a start.

Add on clutter and overall inventory clutter is still very much a thing. there's probably 2/3 overall useful add ons on survivor and killer add ons out of each add on available per killer/item. Even more so now that styptics and syringes are borderline useless (as iri and ultra rare add ons) :/ Also fog vials are still a flop, and hinder your team more than they help. I got blinded by a fog vial from my teammate and ran into the killer and died. That item is another example of useless inventory clutter because they add nothing to gameplay other than being annoying - for both survivors around and the killer.

That is all for now I think.

Oh, licensed collaborations - Please put more effort into finding collaborations that don't endorse generative AI. (Ice Nine Kills might've been the biggest flop ever, and I love metal, but their use of Gen AI, left a sour taste in everyone's mouth… and their music was cringe. Would've been a good licence to collab with if they didn't respond to people with AI memes and their music was actually good. Sorry not sorry.

Thanks.

Comments

  • The first is barely ever played because he is alredy too slow. Make him any slower and you will never see him again. As for interaction, unlike other killers you are constantly dodging instead of just running from pallet to pallet to pallet which makes some enjoy being chased by him when they manage to dodge quite a few shots. Hes also not overtuned and can lose just as much as other killers, he's just bully proof in that the closer you are the easier it is for him to snowball.

    Dracula requires precision and constant adaptation, in good hands he can often win, in an average players hands he can still lose. Against looping gods and swat teams he is still helpless. I'd say hes less of a problem then ghoul/jason.

    As for ice nine kills, i know nothing of the band so not really a fan. But most were saying they did not use generative Ai and allot of people were confusing ai with poorly made cgi. Its gotten to that point where you barely see cgi anymore.

    I don't mean to crap on your post or anything just a couple things i felt were worth defending from a different perspective. Everyones got their gripes with this game they betrayed me a few times too lol.

    I have seen allot more totem builds lately so ive mostly been running a totem eater build. But not all pubs are lucky to have someone coming in prepared for totem spam. If they make them easier to break they would never be worth running however. As someone can spawn staring right at your totems before you even start looking for people. Perhaps they could nerf thrill a bit and make new totem spawn logic where it actually randomises and hides them better.

  • I can get where you're coming from with a lot of this, and I agree with some, but I also really disagree with other parts.

    I also find The First awful to play against: even as I've gotten better at learning how to play against him, a half-decent First (especially on smaller maps) can just annihilate the team because with a well placed Undergate attack it's borderline impossible to dodge and he can use it every couple seconds. I definitely think some things could be changed or nerfed to make him actually enjoyable to play against, but I think the changes you suggested are way overkill because he definitely still isn't S tier.

    Jason I agree is over tuned, at first I thought everybody was being a drama queen but he's just way too good at too many things. I've already gone over this in other posts, but he pretty much has no weaknesses (he has stealth, amazing map traversal and pressure, info, a strong fast-and-easy-to-reload ranged power, and he's still effectively 4.6 since he gets haste for almost half a minute out of power).

    I can honestly agree with the built in moris, I think even though it's cool, in a lot of cases it's used to more effectively tunnel.

    Dracula is definitely one of the best killers in the game, often placed around 5th or so, but honestly I think if they just removed the haste from the scent orbs he'd probably be fine. As it is I already don't really have a problem with him, but I've seen this suggestion a lot and I think it would give more Drac players a reason to not use wolf form in almost every scenario.

    I agree that Nurse should gain blindness when blinking, this is also a suggestion I've seen a ton, although I'm not really sure if the lunge addon is that big of an issue.

    Honestly even though a lot of the killer and pallet hitbox stuff feels stupid, I'm pretty sure it's intentional, I don't think that's changed at all because I remember encountering the same issues 5 years ago.

    The Thrill builds are especially out of hand with Jason and other killers using it with Face the Darkness. I don't think you need to nerf Thrill and I think making totem progress permanent would be too much, I think implementing something similar to gen regression or hemorrhage would be good. Say a totem has 14 "charges" (because it takes 14 seconds by default) and the totem progress regresses by something like 0.3c/s. That would mean that it takes around 46.5s to regress from 99% to 0%, and obviously it would take a lot less time if the totem was only half done or something like that. The number can be tweaked, but it gives survivors a chance to play around Thrill and get back on the totem without obliterating Hex and Thrill builds.

    Lack of servers is honestly an issue in so many places. This game is so ping dependent it's insane, as the game only seems to work properly when everyone is on 40ms or lower. I'm US central and the lowest I ever get is 60ms because for some reason there are two servers per cost but not a single central server, and in most of my matches there's at least one other person with 60-90ms, and it's really noticeable how much just a bit more ping affects how well you can play the game, unlike something like Valorant where I don't notice a huge difference between 70ms and 40ms. I don't know if they have to just add a ton of servers or change hitboxes or what but it's really bad.

  • @ShanoaLegendaryPlz said:

    The first is barely ever played because he is alredy too slow. Make him any slower and you will never see him again. As for interaction, unlike other killers you are constantly dodging instead of just running from pallet to pallet to pallet which makes some enjoy being chased by him when they manage to dodge quite a few shots. Hes also not overtuned and can lose just as much as other killers, he's just bully proof in that the closer you are the easier it is for him to snowball.

    Dracula requires precision and constant adaptation, in good hands he can often win, in an average players hands he can still lose. Against looping gods and swat teams he is still helpless. I'd say hes less of a problem then ghoul/jason.

    As for ice nine kills, i know nothing of the band so not really a fan. But most were saying they did not use generative Ai and allot of people were confusing ai with poorly made cgi. Its gotten to that point where you barely see cgi anymore.

    I don't mean to crap on your post or anything just a couple things i felt were worth defending from a different perspective. Everyones got their gripes with this game they betrayed me a few times too lol.

    I have seen allot more totem builds lately so ive mostly been running a totem eater build. But not all pubs are lucky to have someone coming in prepared for totem spam. If they make them easier to break they would never be worth running however. As someone can spawn staring right at your totems before you even start looking for people. Perhaps they could nerf thrill a bit and make new totem spawn logic where it actually randomises and hides them better.

    Look. If you have muliple people every game refusing to play against a killer, there is something wrong. The First is a failed power design. Not fun to play and only like nurse, deletes the core aspect from the game which is chase. Pallets don't matter, vaults don't matter, making distance doesn't matter, nothing matters. It's literally just 50-50-50-50-50-50 over and over and over again which is very boring and - failed power design.

    Dracula is still overturned nonetheless.

    I didn't say Ice Nine Kills used AI in their music videos. I said they responded to people with Gen AI memes which as a brand of people who claim to be artists, is very insincere and backwards. You can't be an artist and be okay with AI because AI is literally just theft of art that the real Artists make. Please read what I said and don't misconstrue my words. I didn't say they used AI in their music videos. I am not confusing AI with CGI. I know what the difference is. They responded to people on instagram with AI memes when being called out for using Gen AI on a post.

    Also again, I said they should nerf Thrill by making totem cleanse progress permanent to make it easier to deal with or reduce the numbers. It's nothing to do with rng. Unemployed build is horrendously unhealthy for the game and 100% needs gutted. There's no argument to be made about it.

  • @Arcturus said:

    I can get where you're coming from with a lot of this, and I agree with some, but I also really disagree with other parts.

    I also find The First awful to play against: even as I've gotten better at learning how to play against him, a half-decent First (especially on smaller maps) can just annihilate the team because with a well placed Undergate attack it's borderline impossible to dodge and he can use it every couple seconds. I definitely think some things could be changed or nerfed to make him actually enjoyable to play against, but I think the changes you suggested are way overkill because he definitely still isn't S tier.

    Jason I agree is over tuned, at first I thought everybody was being a drama queen but he's just way too good at too many things. I've already gone over this in other posts, but he pretty much has no weaknesses (he has stealth, amazing map traversal and pressure, info, a strong fast-and-easy-to-reload ranged power, and he's still effectively 4.6 since he gets haste for almost half a minute out of power).

    I can honestly agree with the built in moris, I think even though it's cool, in a lot of cases it's used to more effectively tunnel.

    Dracula is definitely one of the best killers in the game, often placed around 5th or so, but honestly I think if they just removed the haste from the scent orbs he'd probably be fine. As it is I already don't really have a problem with him, but I've seen this suggestion a lot and I think it would give more Drac players a reason to not use wolf form in almost every scenario.

    I agree that Nurse should gain blindness when blinking, this is also a suggestion I've seen a ton, although I'm not really sure if the lunge addon is that big of an issue.

    Honestly even though a lot of the killer and pallet hitbox stuff feels stupid, I'm pretty sure it's intentional, I don't think that's changed at all because I remember encountering the same issues 5 years ago.

    The Thrill builds are especially out of hand with Jason and other killers using it with Face the Darkness. I don't think you need to nerf Thrill and I think making totem progress permanent would be too much, I think implementing something similar to gen regression or hemorrhage would be good. Say a totem has 14 "charges" (because it takes 14 seconds by default) and the totem progress regresses by something like 0.3c/s. That would mean that it takes around 46.5s to regress from 99% to 0%, and obviously it would take a lot less time if the totem was only half done or something like that. The number can be tweaked, but it gives survivors a chance to play around Thrill and get back on the totem without obliterating Hex and Thrill builds.

    Lack of servers is honestly an issue in so many places. This game is so ping dependent it's insane, as the game only seems to work properly when everyone is on 40ms or lower. I'm US central and the lowest I ever get is 60ms because for some reason there are two servers per cost but not a single central server, and in most of my matches there's at least one other person with 60-90ms, and it's really noticeable how much just a bit more ping affects how well you can play the game, unlike something like Valorant where I don't notice a huge difference between 70ms and 40ms. I don't know if they have to just add a ton of servers or change hitboxes or what but it's really bad.

    Yeah, I don't have an issue with Draculas overall power, I just feel like it is slightly overturned in some instances slight tiny nerfs in some areas would make him feel more balanced. I'm not a fan of being able to enter traversal powers indefinitely with 0 repercussions, the haste in wolf mode would be nice being removed, m1/hellfire hit into wolf mode 2 tap doesn't feel very engaging. on top of not being able to actually see the dog over many tiles.

    They just need to revert this hitbox thing they've did to how it was prior to messing with hitboxes and collision because it feels clunky and removes a core aspect of what a lot of people enjoy in this game - pallet saves. I don't recall it being mentioned in the patch notes that pallet saves got nerfed so do believe it is unintentional/shadow nerf/bug. BHVR knows how people feel about shadow nerfs.

    I feel like they should just nerf thrill. I don't want totems to have permanent progress but if they don't change the numbers on thrill/rework thrill altogether, I feel it's like the only option in order to make the game feel healthy.

    The lunge add on being removed from Nurse would make her hits feel fairer and reward precision over janky ping hits on even normal 40ms ping.

    I want more servers everywhere that idk why I said just EU, I know that EU gets a lot of people from areas without servers, that's my error. More servers everywhere would be great. I hate getting 40-60ms over say 20-30ms because i'm far from the capital server locations.

  • @sp1nu_ said:

    The First - his power is still far too lenient and unrewarding/uninteractive. killer power concept is a failure to me. I don't recall a game (maybe 1) where the entire lobby sticked around for the entire game (dc-ing after down or at start of the match) a rework or nerf is necessary in my honest opinion.

    • make his power range attack shorter, make him slower, punish more for missing to reduce spamming i.e. spraying and praying. shorten clocks again, 10 seconds is not enough (in respect to the previous nerf)

    Jason - he is overtuned, maneuverability is too easy and free in power, built in mori is too quick leaving little to no downtime for survivors to recuperate and plan saves/heals etc. zoning with spear ability is pretty much a joke, tunnelling is far too easy, on top of the mori. The time between hooking a survivor is vital for survivor gameplay and this removes an opportunity to reorganise.

    • he doesn't need killer instinct upon teleporting. The Unknown doesn't get it, Springtrap doesn't get it, Onryo doesn't get it, so why does he? an arguably far stronger killer than the lot of them? killer instinct is feels lazy and unfair to me, it takes away the element of stealth and using gameplay knowledge to find a survivor yourself in return, feeling unrewarding on killer and unfair on survivor, except on certain killers where it feels right e.g. The Legion, The Unknown upon interrupting a dispel etc.

    *you should stop adding built in moris to killer powers as this incentives tunnelling, or at least save the built in moris for weaker killers (that need it) and not strong killers who can demolish teams with ease (Jason + The First.

    Dracula is still overturned too if i'm being honest.

    The Nurse should suffer blindness when blinking, and remove her lunge extend after blinking add on for good.

    Killer hitbox blocking pallet drops and pallet saves ever since you messed with collision. You can't save from both sides of the pallet because the hitbox fully just blocks it, same as when a killer walks through a pallet, you sometimes are unable to drop it because the killers hitbox removes the prompt, which in return feels tacky and unfair, a little bulky and clunky, compared to previously where you could drop the pallet as long as you don't move before dropping it after receiving the prompt.

    Unemployed build is far too oppressive (Hex: Thrill, Ruin, Undying, Penti etc) you should make totem progress permanent and/or nerf the numbers of thrill. this build is annihilating pubs lately and on top of how easy tunnelling is with someone of the stronger killers - not a very enjoyable experience, and not a very rewarding experience on the killer side.

    Lack of EU servers. 100ms+ killers still run rampant on EU servers. Ping is very important for DBD macro/micro gameplay. High ping not only removes the opportunity for micro gameplay upon knowing when do use certain movements etc. - it sucks the fun straight out of the match. High ping needs to be looked at extensively and something needs to be done. Removing the killer having ping priority seems valid for a start.

    Add on clutter and overall inventory clutter is still very much a thing. there's probably 2/3 overall useful add ons on survivor and killer add ons out of each add on available per killer/item. Even more so now that styptics and syringes are borderline useless (as iri and ultra rare add ons) :/ Also fog vials are still a flop, and hinder your team more than they help. I got blinded by a fog vial from my teammate and ran into the killer and died. That item is another example of useless inventory clutter because they add nothing to gameplay other than being annoying - for both survivors around and the killer.

    That is all for now I think.

    Oh, licensed collaborations - Please put more effort into finding collaborations that don't endorse generative AI. (Ice Nine Kills might've been the biggest flop ever, and I love metal, but their use of Gen AI, left a sour taste in everyone's mouth… and their music was cringe. Would've been a good licence to collab with if they didn't respond to people with AI memes and their music was actually good. Sorry not sorry.

    Thanks.

    The First is fine. I don't even play Henry as I find his kit meh, but he's fine. He's one of the more engaging killers you can encounter. If you slow him further, he'll enter D tier rather quickly. Speed and mobility is the primary factor on killer play-rates from what the numbers tell us. Slow him further and no adjustments will be necessary as it's already a funeral. Further nerfing M2 is just… silly. He doesn't even one hit injure with it but has to land charges.

    Jason could use add-on adjustments, namely with badge. I don't care about the Mori time. Go ahead and double or triple the mori time length - in my experience survivors don't use that time to do anything but run over and co-star in the Mori anyway. His spear isn't so much an issue, but I would like to see the ability to twitch shot with it added in, in exchange for less reload points. KI is lazy anyway so do as you please there, so long as the killer has something else in the kit that serves similar purpose. Or, you know, crouch. Or spread four and burn gens down while he goobers. He's not that bad, and if you think he is I can't wait to see your response to angel.

    Nurse blindness? I… What? Sure. Sure, go ahead. Nurses would just stop running aura (which the better nurses don't anyway) and run full regression. This feels like shooting yourself in the foot, but go off I guess.

    Dracula needs a nerf now? I mean… sure? I don't agree at all on this one. Removing scent orbs by example would make wolf form largely useless save for pounce, which has its own downsides. Personally if they removed scent orbs I'd just run haste on him and never go wolf - there would be no point in locking myself out of hellfire for a high collision slop dash with no haste.

    How in the world are you lighting up the First, Jason, Nurse, and Dracula, but skipped right over Ghoul? I'm so confused. Do we really think Dracula is more overpowered than the bloody ghoul, now?

    Thrill is… ugh. Thrill is a problem, but not because Thrill itself is a problem. Thrill is a problem in the same way Hyperfocus is a problem. It's not a problem on its own, it's a problem because of how it exists in tandem with other things. Thrill itself is necessary as totems are horrendously weak perks given their monolithic downsides - but it becomes problematic with killers like Jason or Trapper (yeah I said it, I trap totems and its hilarious but messed up.) This is less a problem with Thrill, and honestly not even a problem with the killers, but more a synergy problem that hasn't been addressed due to how sloppily balancing has been handled until now. Handle the balancing of kits and perks, and you'd see thrill presenting less of an issue overall I think.

    EU servers, yeah. Need more. Need more servers all around.

    Collabs barring AI… uh, that's… incredibly ironic for reasons I won't say because it can get you hammered if you do say it. But you do you boo.