Would dredge be broken if they removed locking lockers?

Do you think dredge would be to strong if locking lockers wasn't a thing?

image.png

How would you buff the foggy boy?

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • I think Dredge is at a decent spot right now and one lock per locker works well. He already has a mix bag of stealth, mobility and chase potential.

  • that'd just make him even more boring imo; there's a slight sense of dread when you close the locker because correct me if I'm wrong, nobody plays Dredge in current year but if you lock the locker at the same time he teleports you'll get grabbed. Locking lockers have pros and cons such as being useful for later vs Dredge being able to freely break them so there's some angles to consider.

    Dredge could use something but not that imo

  • I don't think it would necessarily make him too strong, but I do think it would make him less interesting and remove part of what makes his power unique.

    I'm not at all opposed to Dredge getting a buff, he's not a good killer, but imo this isn't the right solution

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    I don't think it would necessarily make him too strong, but I do think it would make him less interesting and remove part of what makes his power unique.

    I'm not at all opposed to Dredge getting a buff, he's not a good killer, but imo this isn't the right solution

    it was more just a thought because i had 2 game one where the survivors basicly locked every locker and the other they didnt lock one and it felt basically the same just a little annoying waking lockers as i was walking around. the buff i would want to see for dredge is more lockers let him uses chests as well as lockers and lastly have Lavalier Microphone break the locks of the lockers it slams open so not the one your in the once around you

  • I think it would be fine vs good survivors but would turn newer/less experienced survivors into total punching bags. Dredge is already a noobie stomper and it would only encourage that more and would probably spike his popularity up and then get him subsequent nerfs.

  • Stronger? Yes.
    Too strong? Probably not.
    Less fun? Yes.

    I'd actually argue it'd make playing Dredge less fun too. When not chasing, you have a little mini objective of clearing locks if you see them. The satisfying part of this is the fact that the lockers cannot be reset. Every time you stop to hit one, or are delayed inside a locker for a couple of seconds, you have permanently made yourself a greater threat.

    Better/more consistent locker spawning, or special logic just for Dredge that guarantees at least 1 locker close to each gen would be the direction I go.

  • It wouldnt because he isnt that great only overvalued by dreadge mains mostly just like pig is by her mains.

    Better solution would be to spawn more of single lockers in the match.

    Why single lockers and not duo of lockers?

    Because two lockers are more against him where one can be locked and even when he chooses the unlocked one it puts him into the locked one thats why good surviors lock only one locker when the lockers are next to each other and bad survivors lock both.

    If dreadge would have more single lockers in the trial in key locations so there wouldnt be so big dead zones for his tp then he would be decent killer, now he is like low b-tier to b-tier killer and some maps like farm maps or garden of not enjoy are totaly loosing maps for him.

  • Part of what makes a killer interesting to play and go against is their counter-play - the interest of going against Dredge is locking lockers effectively, because similar to pallets, it's a finite resource. If survivors do it badly and just lock everything on a whim, you'll chew through that resource.

    At the same time, it's also something Dredge players want survivors to do, because interacting with lockers presents situations where you can pop out near a survivor interacting with a locker or even occasionally grab one doing it. It makes both the Dredge and the survivor have interaction around his power. If you remove that part of his power, survivors just start avoiding getting near lockers altogether.

    I am all for Dredge buffs - however they want to do that, e.g. more interesting locker placements, how survivors lock lockers, how quick he can break locks, his remnant etc. but making him less interesting to face isn't what they should do.

  • While I'd love that it wouldn't solve dredges problems it would just make him even more oppressive in places they're already good.

    I'd like to dredge get their power faster so you can be more dynamic in chase because having your mobility and your anti loop tied to the same cooldown is kinda rough.

  • No, I don't think it would be broken but also it's not necessary to remove the locks.

  • I think removing the locks would make both playing survivor and Dredge less interesting. Also, Dredge has trouble earning Deviousness points and breaking locks are worth 200 points each.

    One thing I'd change is the lock just one locker in a group because the Dredge always teleports to the locked one mechanic. Maybe make it the opposite, the Dredge always teleports to the unlocked one so survivors have to lock them all for it to only work once.

    Also, I'd like to see an addon that would disable Nightfall altogether but give Dredge a faster power cooldown and faster teleport speed all the time.

  • While he would be a bit stronger, it would oddly make no difference in the area he's actually struggling in. That being dead zones. Generators with no lockers near them are the weaker points for Dredge because he can't put pressure on them.

    The locks aren't the issue. They're the only tool survivors have to defende against him, but far many maps have about abundant lack of lockers for him to effectively use his power.

    My suggestion would be undetectable when exiting a locker as well as the locker being silenced while out of nightfall. It only makes noise when the locker is locked further adding to the importance of locking them. My only worry is that change having too much crossover with Springtrap.

  • Hot take and probably really bad idea but they should make his power trigger locker perks like darkness revealed and probably decrease his time breaking out of locked lockers but yeah if locked lockers weren't a thing he'd be a really strong rng based killer