Killer Bans / Map bans

There are certain fears etc just things you dont like to play against so I would suggest adding a feature to ban up to 3 killers because you would disconnect against them either way.

Same with maps some build just dont work on certain maps … or some killers dont work well (houndmaster gen selecting on different elevations etc.)

Small edit because original was badly worded
Gropus would be limited to 3 bans max so a 4 stack would still only have 3 bans
Map bans would be only for killers (but are told the survivors cause offerings)
The reason why perk bans arent in here is because I didnt want any need to change things during the lobby (if they ever add a ranked mode this should exists probably killer can ban 4 perks and every surv 1)

Also complicated killers could be prebanned to make the onboarding process better for newer players
(eg. Singularity)

That reminds me give killers the ability to abandun during endgame collapse

Comments

  • Neither should be a thing. They would be abused to force easy killer and easy maps and how would this be fair to the killer player anyway. Survivors could coordinate and remove 12 maps from the potential maps when killer can chose three. Not to mention that this system would let any coordinated survivor group remove 12 killers from the queue. It would also make certain killers queue times way longer and in the end people have paid money of the characters and they should have right to chose to play any of them and get the same possibility to play as all the rest.

    Not to mention both of these has been suggested tons and everytime they are told the same negative things that would happen with the system.

  • @Wezqu said:

    Neither should be a thing. They would be abused to force easy killer and easy maps and how would this be fair to the killer player anyway. Survivors could coordinate and remove 12 maps from the potential maps when killer can chose three. Not to mention that this system would let any coordinated survivor group remove 12 killers from the queue. It would also make certain killers queue times way longer and in the end people have paid money of the characters and they should have right to chose to play any of them and get the same possibility to play as all the rest.

    Not to mention both of these has been suggested tons and everytime they are told the same negative things that would happen with the system.

    I have no clue how I can just answer normally anyway

    To be more exact:
    Killer bans would still be 3 in a group (if the players have different selected the game will roll)
    Map bans (I worded that badly in the original post) is smth only the killer can do and will be shown to the survivors and 3 map bans are by far not enough to only put you on easy maps
    … thinking back banning one type of map indoor/outdoor/elevation would probably be better dut not sure on that

  • How do people keep hitting on the idea? Do you genuinely not perceive killers as fellow players? Do you just see them as set dressing to be played with like maps? It's selfish in the extreme.

  • Everyone will ban Nurse, Blight, and Ghoul it wouldn't be fair to those who want to play them. I'd suggest bloodpoint incentives for each character and depending on popularity.

  • This is a horrible and i mean horrible idea. it would make swfs stronger banning 12 maps and 12 killers and would put the killer at a massive disadvantage with only map bans. should killer be allowed to ban perks because i know what perks i would ban ds shoulder and lithe

  • @Moodyy said:

    Everyone will ban Nurse, Blight, and Ghoul it wouldn't be fair to those who want to play them. I'd suggest bloodpoint incentives for each character and depending on popularity.

    i could for sure see that being good it would also help survivors learn to play again lesser played killers

  • @Ohyakno said:

    How do people keep hitting on the idea? Do you genuinely not perceive killers as fellow players? Do you just see them as set dressing to be played with like maps? It's selfish in the extreme.

    this is exactly their mentality

  • @Moodyy said:

    Everyone will ban Nurse, Blight, and Ghoul it wouldn't be fair to those who want to play them. I'd suggest bloodpoint incentives for each character and depending on popularity.

    I specifically want this change for 2 reasons
    A) Complicated killers could be prebanned for survivors making onboarding easier
    B) I hate playing against myers

    Bloodpoint Incentive is a nice addition

  • If in group roll for the bans so you only got 3
    also map ban only for killers … which I forgot to write in the original tho they would be shown to survivors

  • @Ohyakno said:

    How do people keep hitting on the idea? Do you genuinely not perceive killers as fellow players? Do you just see them as set dressing to be played with like maps? It's selfish in the extreme.

    I am a killer main
    … I want the map bans (for killers only …which I forgt to write in the original) specifically to ban maps with elevation because those suck with houndmaster xd

    and when I play survivor I want bubba and myers gone … I just dont like their counterplay

    also just because I think that was also a bit too easy to misunderstand people that play together only have 3 bans total so a 4 stack could only ban 3 killers

  • To specify map bans would be only for the killer
    and groups would only have a total of 3 bans
    I like the idea of banning perks tho but that wouldnt work as just a passive thing you set before the game

    maps can be set same with killer (because for some reason they already dont allow to change killer during lobby)

    Id give much to be able to ban vigil tho