Trapper rework idea.

First change make make shift wrap base kit its insane to me that his own power can hurt him. Second make trapper bag base kit. Now for the rework first let trapper collect traps from lockers it would despawn the farther replaced trapper from him then once hes placed all his traps it takes the oldest placed trap. Second instead of trapper placing traps he slows down holding out his trpa and drops it then after 3 second the trap arms its self. This would make trapper better in chase allow trapper to set up while slowing down way less.

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • Let's sort your ideas.

    Making shift wrap basekit is a nice idea. I think half of the trapper bag addon value would be sufficient, three traps at a time seem more than enough.

    I like the idea of allowing him to collect his farthest trap from a locker. That allows him to use his power effectively, even if he decides to defend an area close to his spawn point.

    I think your idea regarding the rework of his trap placement mechanic is not thought through. His trap placement is extremely delicate and sometimes it's hard work to set a trap exactly where it effectively blocks a window for fast and slow vaults for example. Increasing the hitbox of traps is also a dangerous game, because it could allow for locking down areas between close tiles that are not intended and healthy.

    All in all i like your first two ideas and would like to add a huge QOL improvement. Remove the ink addons and allow trapper to decide a color intensity for his traps at the start of the trial. That way he can have very light traps on eyrie and very dark traps on gideon.

  • @Angy_Quentin said:

    Let's sort your ideas.

    Making shift wrap basekit is a nice idea. I think half of the trapper bag addon value would be sufficient, three traps at a time seem more than enough.

    I like the idea of allowing him to collect his farthest trap from a locker. That allows him to use his power effectively, even if he decides to defend an area close to his spawn point.

    I think your idea regarding the rework of his trap placement mechanic is not thought through. His trap placement is extremely delicate and sometimes it's hard work to set a trap exactly where it effectively blocks a window for fast and slow vaults for example. Increasing the hitbox of traps is also a dangerous game, because it could allow for locking down areas between close tiles that are not intended and healthy.

    All in all i like your first two ideas and would like to add a huge QOL improvement. Remove the ink addons and allow trapper to decide a color intensity for his traps at the start of the trial. That way he can have very light traps on eyrie and very dark traps on gideon.

    I didnt say to increase the trap size and dropping the trap where you want would be a good skill you would still see where the trap will drop when you hold it out like normal you just want stop place it and set it you would just drop it then you can leave while it sets itself

    Also have the maps have set colors for the trap instead of picking

  • @Angy_Quentin said:

    Let's sort your ideas.

    Making shift wrap basekit is a nice idea. I think half of the trapper bag addon value would be sufficient, three traps at a time seem more than enough.

    I like the idea of allowing him to collect his farthest trap from a locker. That allows him to use his power effectively, even if he decides to defend an area close to his spawn point.

    I think your idea regarding the rework of his trap placement mechanic is not thought through. His trap placement is extremely delicate and sometimes it's hard work to set a trap exactly where it effectively blocks a window for fast and slow vaults for example. Increasing the hitbox of traps is also a dangerous game, because it could allow for locking down areas between close tiles that are not intended and healthy.

    All in all i like your first two ideas and would like to add a huge QOL improvement. Remove the ink addons and allow trapper to decide a color intensity for his traps at the start of the trial. That way he can have very light traps on eyrie and very dark traps on gideon.

    on that last point, I think the colour of the traps should be based on the map itself, so for Ormond it would be white or light grey just enough that it can blend in and needs attention to the environment to spot

  • Why not give him the ability to remotely reset a trap with the cost of it taking slightly longer than setting it normally so that he has a proper anti-loop tool for chases. Maybe something like the entity slowly prying open the jaws of a bear trap along with sound queue so that a survivor knows when it’s happening so it’s not completely uncountable. I think it’d be a fun way to sort of integrate iridescent stone into his base-kit

    @Angy_Quentin said:

    Let's sort your ideas.

    Making shift wrap basekit is a nice idea. I think half of the trapper bag addon value would be sufficient, three traps at a time seem more than enough.

    I like the idea of allowing him to collect his farthest trap from a locker. That allows him to use his power effectively, even if he decides to defend an area close to his spawn point.

    I think your idea regarding the rework of his trap placement mechanic is not thought through. His trap placement is extremely delicate and sometimes it's hard work to set a trap exactly where it effectively blocks a window for fast and slow vaults for example. Increasing the hitbox of traps is also a dangerous game, because it could allow for locking down areas between close tiles that are not intended and healthy.

    All in all i like your first two ideas and would like to add a huge QOL improvement. Remove the ink addons and allow trapper to decide a color intensity for his traps at the start of the trial. That way he can have very light traps on eyrie and very dark traps on gideon.

  • @Domicci said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4097107#Comment_4097107

    I didnt say to increase the trap size and dropping the trap where you want would be a good skill you would still see where the trap will drop when you hold it out like normal you just want stop place it and set it you would just drop it then you can leave while it sets itself

    Also have the maps have set colors for the trap instead of picking

    Ah i see, yeah ik that case i like the idea of "readying" the trap in your hand.

    Set colors would be fine too, less overhead.

  • @Kupega said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4097107#Comment_4097107

    on that last point, I think the colour of the traps should be based on the map itself, so for Ormond it would be white or light grey just enough that it can blend in and needs attention to the environment to spot

    Yeah, trap color based on the map would open unique trap spots, i think i like that idea.

  • @TheGoon224 said:

    Why not give him the ability to remotely reset a trap with the cost of it taking slightly longer than setting it normally so that he has a proper anti-loop tool for chases. Maybe something like the entity slowly prying open the jaws of a bear trap along with sound queue so that a survivor knows when it’s happening so it’s not completely uncountable. I think it’d be a fun way to sort of integrate iridescent stone into his base-kit

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4097107#Comment_4097107

    I like that idea. I just didn't like the "dropping" a trap idea.

  • @Domicci said:

    First change make make shift wrap base kit its insane to me that his own power can hurt him. Second make trapper bag base kit. Now for the rework first let trapper collect traps from lockers it would despawn the farther replaced trapper from him then once hes placed all his traps it takes the oldest placed trap. Second instead of trapper placing traps he slows down holding out his trpa and drops it then after 3 second the trap arms its self. This would make trapper better in chase allow trapper to set up while slowing down way less.

    I think you're on the right track here. I completely agree that Trapper should not be affected by his own traps. It makes no sense to me. This would be like Hag popping her own traps. I don't like the locker retrieval idea personally. IMO I think he should either start with all of his traps in hand, or when he picks up a trap he gets 2 instead of 1. To make him better in chase I would probably increase his setting speed by a little bit. Right now his setting speed is awful for mid chase traps. I understand he's suppose to be a setup killer but it would be nice to have some form of his power be usable during chase. And the biggest buff that I think they could give Trapper is adding more grass to maps. Add more grass to maps and Trapper would be much stronger. Right now his traps are just so easy to see that they're useless.