Why exactly is the Anti Camp deactivated in the Endgame?

Reduce the radius okay or make it slower charge but what is the deal with it just straight up being gone?

I had a match against a Bubba and he chased me for 3 generators. At some point I had no pallets left and he downed me. He face camped me and my teammates had no chance to save me because of his chainsaw.

He didn't even try to find others or down the one person that tried to reach me.

Comments

  • because the killer has nothing else to defend. there aren’t any generators remaining and if the gates aren’t right next to each other, there’s no point in trying to defend them.

  • Because the hooked survivor is the killers only pressure otherwise it would be guaranteed escape like 80% times for survivor.

    He guaranteed one kill but he still lost the match.

  • @MoZo said:

    because the killer has nothing else to defend. there aren’t any generators remaining and if the gates aren’t right next to each other, there’s no point in trying to defend them.

    I would like to add before someone else pops in with it but this isn't including an end game build of course where they power of the killer ramps up alot.

  • @MeduSnake said:

    Reduce the radius okay or make it slower charge but what is the deal with it just straight up being gone?

    I had a match against a Bubba and he chased me for 3 generators. At some point I had no pallets left and he downed me. He face camped me and my teammates had no chance to save me because of his chainsaw.

    He didn't even try to find others or down the one person that tried to reach me.

    Yeah I’ve have a ton of matches like that. It sucks to not escape when you basically carry your team to a win. But as others have said, disabling anti-camp at endgame would guarantee free escapes most of the time which I definitely do not agree with.

    The key problem here is the fact that players can play really well and still get punished with lower MMR (and thus worse teammates in their future matches) if they don’t happen to escape. I would feel much better about not escaping in these kinds of matches if I at least know there’s still some reward for playing well. I won’t spend a single $ on this game until BHVR address this travesty of a skill-measuring system. They’ve promised changes in the past but at this point it seems they’ve abandoned those promises and have no intention of ever changing it.

  • It is disabled in end game so the killer can secure a kill if they choose to.

    And as others have already pointed out: what exactly is the killer supposed to do? Go stand in a corner on the opposite edge of the map? Of course not. And you know that just as well as anyone.

  • It's really only a big deal against the instadown killers. But I've always felt killers could do more if they were more aggressive. A lot of the time the end game is when it's easiest to snowball, especially since perks like NoEd are gonna be active.

  • Posts like this makes me believe genuinely more than half the playerbase never has played killer before

  • the very very sad thing is that BHVR are still standing by this insanely stupid definition of player skill

  • @Royval said:

    Posts like this makes me believe genuinely more than half the playerbase never has played killer before

    Yep, 100%. I have no problem if people choose to only play one side, but then at least refrain from telling the other side how they should play or commenting on game balance because they have no idea how their demands for balance changes negatively impact the side that they don’t play.

  • Another symptom of the asinine design decisions of the current endgame. It needs to be completely thrown out and redone in a way that promotes player agency and interacts, not abandoning, slugging, and camping.

  • Endgame unhooks are free enough as it is, if you're less than 15 seconds from an open gate, you get out for free.