Nurse Is Painful
Lately i cant play Skull Merchant so ive been learning how to play Nurse, generally ive been struggling, not used to her power, and i just overextend or get faked into a wrong blink, one incident i went past the exit gate. my build is currently
Sloppy Butcher
No Holds Barred
Im All Ears
Lethal Persuer
does anyone have any tips or recconmendations
Also im making a list of beginner builds for every killer, for those who are new to the game here. if anyone is interested
Tagged:
Killers
Comments
Nurse is basically just practice to be honest. At some point you can get used to playing her, it is muscle memory. If a Survivor is running into you while you are charging your blink, you can look down to blink in place, just as a tip. Other than that, you can watch videos on how to play Nurse.
There is also Plaid Flannel, it is a common Add On for her which shows the location of the Blink, so you see where you will end up. Some people use it to learn her, it is not needed IMO (many people learned her without, because the Add On used to be worse and of very rare rarity), but to others it can really be a help.
As a note, Sloppy Butcher does not work on Nurse. Her Attacks are special attacks, which means that no Perks which require Basic Attacks work.
I find the plaid flannel add on really distracting sadly, and also Sloppy doesnt work? damn i didnt know that, glad to know i was wasting a perk slot. would Eruption or Pop work better? thank you for the tips your very kind
With Nurse, you just have to invest time until her blinks are easy to manage. Her low KR comes a lot from the initial hurdle, but you'll be surprised how few games it takes to start feeling more comfortable with how she moves and how long you need to charge for. There's really no "get good quick" advice for her because she ignores so much of the game that knowledge checks with her don't apply much.
Get better at blinking and don't use any perks with "basic attack" as a condition. If you're using No Holds Barred I'm going to presume you don't have every perk unlocked. Agitation is a pretty good free perk on her to offset how slow she is when hooking.
I own evey killer other then Singulairty and Houndmaster, i just use No Holds Barred cuz im not confident enough without it yet, ill try that
i happily appreciate the advice
Fair enough! NHB is by no means a bad perk. It's a little slowdown and a good info perk, I guess I subconsciously associate it with people not having everything prestiged because it's the free gen slowdown perk.
One day ill work the courage not to rely on it, im not the best sadly
I'd say you're not really relying on it as much as you think. I used it a lot early days because I felt like I needed some slowdown and I had limited perks to work with, but I'm quite happy running 0 gen block/regression now.
I think the main think you're getting out of it is info, but you should get that same info from PR.
BBQ and Nowhere to Hide are also good on Nurse, as she loses when she can't find people.
Aura is obviously really strong on Nurse. Nowhere to hide and Predator are pretty good to get hits. But you could start to rely too much on it.
There are some websites (like Hens333) with killer builds tailored for beginner. But they mostly have free perks, so you can use the normal builds if you have more perks available.
But in the end you should aim to get better at her. So free gen slowdown like Corrupt should give you the most time to practice. There are many good guides out there, so you can avoid beginner mistakes. Best tip imo is to tone down prediction blinking.
Drop sloppy I think its only m1 perk and 95% of hits with nurse are from blinks which are special attacks so they dont work togeather.
She might be tricky because she is just all about her power which no other killer is or isnt that much because they are 110 speed atleast like the first. Once you get good with her she is a beast.
I've been starting to play her too recently, now that she has the collector skin. Your build sounds good except for sloppy which as ppl have said doesn't really work for her. It only triggers on basic attacks and her blink strikes are special attacks. I'd advise running scourage hook weeping wounds and instead of deadlock run pain res. Synergises scourge hooks, and gives good hands free regression which nurse needs since she's not mobile and shouldn't waste time kicking gens. She always benefits from aura reads.
id like to report i switchedd it out for pain res and got an instant 4K. quite proud actually
What I do when playing any killer and especially nurse is to kinda keep a mental map of each survivor and their rough location by keeping track of crows flying away, generator progress, scratch mark direction, ect. You can also do this mid chase once you get enough practice rather than just assuming they're in a area. I would also recommend playing spirit or learning how to track sounds through walls properly as this will greatly improve your ability to tell when someone is running away from the loop or taking an odd path that you wouldn't expect.
If you don't already do this: Use your first blink to teleport to where you last saw the survivor, then adjust with your second blink.