Skull Merchants future?

So whatever happened to the design previews from last year, is there any new stance on the Skull Merchant? From what I hear, most people didnt like the preview. And apparently shes now on a limbo whether she will be reworked in the first place? I dont think thats fair considering she was kneecappingly nerfed to the ground intentionally because of a presumed rework. To my mind, she should be reverted to her prenerfed state with stealth drones and double lasers because the artifical kill rate of 70% was due to toxic survivors giving up on hook anyways. Also, this would keep her identity instead of turning her into another dashlop killer. The single scanline is so inconsistent and for rotations its not fast enough. Her trap playstyle is dead, rendering clawtraps and pretty much 80% of her addons useless. So either she needs to be made easier or stronger.

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • They did 2 separate preview designs for skull merchant.

    BHVR did this so the community could get a feel for the rework and see if it’s going to ultimately be a good fit for her and the survivors.


    Sadly it was scrapped because it was more Projectile/Dash Slop. We wanted to steer away from that bc keeping her idenity is more important. Gadgets, high tech, trap playstyle. It’s unique.


    BHVR settled for minor buffs to her basekit and said if it wasn’t enough or if the community wasn’t satisfied they would put resources into a rework.


    That’s where we are at now. We want a rework. She’s in a bad spot and has been for a long time. She needs a full revamp.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    They did 2 separate preview designs for skull merchant.

    BHVR did this so the community could get a feel for the rework and see if it’s going to ultimately be a good fit for her and the survivors.


    Sadly it was scrapped because it was more Projectile/Dash Slop. We wanted to steer away from that bc keeping her idenity is more important. Gadgets, high tech, trap playstyle. It’s unique.


    BHVR settled for minor buffs to her basekit and said if it wasn’t enough or if the community wasn’t satisfied they would put resources into a rework.


    That’s where we are at now. We want a rework. She’s in a bad spot and has been for a long time. She needs a full revamp.

    I don't even think she needs a full rework she just needs to be reverted to her previous strength (keep stealth on recall tho) she wasn't even that insane unless you played chess merchant which was removed when the gen kick limit became a thing.

  • @pidgeon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4087074#Comment_4087074

    I don't even think she needs a full rework she just needs to be reverted to her previous strength (keep stealth on recall tho) she wasn't even that insane unless you played chess merchant which was removed when the gen kick limit became a thing.

    this is what I mean by saying its problematic balancing the game ONLY on data. Because it is extremely easy to manipulate (giving up on hook, dc)

  • @pidgeon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4087074#Comment_4087074

    I don't even think she needs a full rework she just needs to be reverted to her previous strength (keep stealth on recall tho) she wasn't even that insane unless you played chess merchant which was removed when the gen kick limit became a thing.

    I would agree. It's more of a dework that we want. Although I don't like stealth on recall. It needs to go back to how it was before the change.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4087096#Comment_4087096

    I would agree. It's more of a dework that we want. Although I don't like stealth on recall. It needs to go back to how it was before the change.

    asdfghjk I hate this.. Literally NOBODY UNDERSTANDS stealth on recall and why it is significantly better. Okay let me explain this for all of 5 people who own skully and do not know about how much stealth on recall is SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER.

    Being undetectable when you drop a drone the survivor knows you're still there because of the fact that they can see the drones aura / scan lines. Plus the actual usable amount of undetectability is way shorter than you realize along with it being on a cool down doesn't help, so you might as well just moonwalk.

    When you become undetectable your TR doesn't immediately disappear it slowly shrinks in case you didn't know so dropping a drone in chase wouldn't help nearly as much as you thought it would. Because of this undetectable on recall Is significantly better as it has zero cooldown, has a longer effective use time, and survivors do not know when you become undetectable or if you left chase. There is also the added bonus of the fact that if you recall a drone on a gen then exit chase for a couple of seconds survivors think you are coming to them so you can proc DMS.

    Credit to @MrRetsej as I hate explaining this to people over and over so I basically just copy pasted what they said when clarifying my comment on why undetectable on recall requires more skill and whatnot yada yada I left a couple things out but these are the main reasons why its so much better.

  • @pidgeon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4087199#Comment_4087199

    asdfghjk I hate this.. Literally NOBODY UNDERSTANDS stealth on recall and why it is significantly better. Okay let me explain this for all of 5 people who own skully and do not know about how much stealth on recall is SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER.

    Being undetectable when you drop a drone the survivor knows you're still there because of the fact that they can see the drones aura / scan lines. Plus the actual usable amount of undetectability is way shorter than you realize along with it being on a cool down doesn't help, so you might as well just moonwalk.

    When you become undetectable your TR doesn't immediately disappear it slowly shrinks in case you didn't know so dropping a drone in chase wouldn't help nearly as much as you thought it would. Because of this undetectable on recall Is significantly better as it has zero cooldown, has a longer effective use time, and survivors do not know when you become undetectable or if you left chase. There is also the added bonus of the fact that if you recall a drone on a gen then exit chase for a couple of seconds survivors think you are coming to them so you can proc DMS.

    Credit to @MrRetsej as I hate explaining this to people over and over so I basically just copy pasted what they said when clarifying my comment on why undetectable on recall requires more skill and whatnot yada yada I left a couple things out but these are the main reasons why its so much better.

    its more the single scanline and no stealth mode that killed her. she is super unfun to play now