Quick fix for Dead Man's Switch
Change activation for DMS. Instead, activate 1s (or 3s) after hooking a surviviour.
This would prevent Pain res combo
Thoughts?
Tagged:
Perks
Change activation for DMS. Instead, activate 1s (or 3s) after hooking a surviviour.
This would prevent Pain res combo
Thoughts?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I think removing that combo is really bad...
I think removing annoying combos like pain res+dms or Vigil+SB/Hyperfocus Stakeout would be a good thing. We just need to start removing them
If we remove Pain Res and Deadman’s. Fair…but we are removing hyper focus and stakeout.
so it would become even more pointless ?
it allready is a meh combo because if you get bad pain ress spawn then yoh are wasting 2 perks now .
I personally think as things are, the combo is finely-tuned. DMS procs get intentionally tied to non-priority gens by coordinated swfs, and even in solo queue after a little bit of play time, survs should be able to preemptively let go of gen after a surv has been picked up in anticipation of the combo.
If you don’t have the luxury of playing in swf, and you’re near a low progress gen, you can try yourself to proc the DMS so your team can continue to work on the more important gens.
I’m a 50/50 player, and I think killers have too few good perk synergies anymore to continue to take options away without dialing back some of the more oppressive survivor synergies. Ie, hyperfocus/stakeout, plot twist/DS, Shoulder being able to deny death hook and give a deliverance player the ability to use it later if they got first chase.
Last thing, I think the best nerf for Shoulder could be that it can only be used on someone who has been hooked back-to-back times.
The Reason this perk combo is bugging me is Soloq. As you two pointed out, you can let go of a gen and proc dms on other generator. But in soloq you can get team mates that eat that combo every time.
Well, yes, but that's an issue of solo q having some... special players, not a perk combo issue. In general a lot of issues which fall under the category of "Pub stomping" is that A) Game doesn't teach people about killer specific power that well, yes the infamous useless tutorial. And B) People themselves not really learning, I mean, pain res dms combo should be as obvious as not step on the same rake twice, buuuuut