Will BHVR ever address the state of the game's netcode?

Gamebreaking rubber-banding happening every other game.


Its so hard to get excited over new content when the game continues to be like this. Can we get official word on a fix please?

Comments

  • What are they supposed to say? They have no idea what your specific situation is. It could be entirely on your end. I haven’t had any issues recently, and nobody else here has started a thread to complain about it either, so chances are it’s an issue on your end. BHVR are likely not going to provide statements on an individual player’s game performance issues.

  • I just want hits to be validated by the servers. Killers should not be gifted free kills because of their ping.

  • @esarraf said:

    I just want hits to be validated by the servers. Killers should not be gifted free kills because of their ping.

    That has been an issue since I started a few years ago, this is a brand new one, I am watching streams where the player is legit being teleported backwards and dying because of it.


    I don't believe it is a hack either due to being way too inconsistent, but it happens consistent enough to not be written off as a one off hiccup or something similar.

  • I haven’t really experienced rubberbanding that often tbh and haven’t heard of others as well..

    Are you sure its not on your end?

    For context: Where are you located (relative to nearest servers), whats your ping in-game, how are you connected to the internet?

    @esarraf said:

    I just want hits to be validated by the servers. Killers should not be gifted free kills because of their ping.

    THIS is a very real problem. In some cases/specific ‘techs’ it would need clarification and possibly animation fixes if they are meant to be that way i guess

  • @Mooks said:

    I haven’t really experienced rubberbanding that often tbh and haven’t heard of others as well..

    Are you sure its not on your end?

    For context: Where are you located (relative to nearest servers), whats your ping in-game, how are you connected to the internet?

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4085730#Comment_4085730

    THIS is a very real problem. In some cases/specific ‘techs’ it would need clarification and possibly animation fixes if they are meant to be that way i guess

    I don't feel like combing through an eight hour vod and I haven't been recording my games, if I see it happen to a streamer again I will clip and update this thread with the link.

    I can confirm it is not my internet, as I said, it doesn't happen consistently even if my personal connection is poor, it just happens consistently enough for me to believe it is game-side.

  • They will address it and it will break next engine update. Like always.

  • I typically see this problem with console players its been a thing for a while I'm pretty sure there's an entire thread on it

  • @Mooks said:

    I haven’t really experienced rubberbanding that often tbh and haven’t heard of others as well..

    Are you sure its not on your end?

    For context: Where are you located (relative to nearest servers), whats your ping in-game, how are you connected to the internet?

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4085730#Comment_4085730

    THIS is a very real problem. In some cases/specific ‘techs’ it would need clarification and possibly animation fixes if they are meant to be that way i guess

    It's not rubber banding, it's that hits are coded to be validated by the killers side. Supposedly if they have over like five hundred or so the server will validate it but it should always be handled by the server.