Can we please do something about this 2 survivor scenario?! It is really boring to deal with.
There are 2 survivors left. Killer downs 1 of them then searches the whole map for other one. It is a waste of time and not very engaging. Give the downed survivor a way to insta-die after like 15s-20s of being downed. It gives the last survivor a fair chance at escaping. Otherwise its an automatic win for killer with everyone DCing when the last survivor is found. There really isn't another way to counter this currently, at least not one that I can think of.
Comments
2. if your team mate leaves you for 4 mins on the ground without picking you up and the killer isnt standing over your body, thats on your team mate. the game was in progress and you were savable. the game was not over, hence why 3 people were still in an ongoing match. Something being annoying or boring to you is not the same thing as being disrespectful or poor sportsmanship.
3. almost every action you do is selfish. Slefish actions are fine, it has a bad connotation but you can not engage in life without selfish behavior.
Killers and survivors both want to win and as such want the opposition to lose. That is both want a more positive outcome for their individual self than for the opposition. This isnt really arguable. Its objectively selfish and the game can not exist if neither side is selfish and desires a better outcome for themselves than the opponents. this is simply what competition is.
4. Amusing you say im not engaging with your arguments when i have directly addressed them. You not likeing or agreeing with what i said doesnt magically mean im not addressing you. you just arent compelled by my reasoning which is fine but dont go making up lies dude lol.
5. well for 1 survs could stop picking each other up in the killers face, that would be a great start.
the killer isnt trying to waste your time (for most i assume anywasy like myself in the times i do slug) they are trying to win via a 4k. preventing the 4th person from escaping by triggering the pity portal is completely valid and i dont think you have any real justification that someone shouldnt try to do that if they want.
at MOST its 4 mins if your team mate does nothing but run in a circle and achieve nothing. In reality you will either be picked up or the other guy will be downed within 1-2 minutes.
complaining about a 1-2 minute wait every once in a while is a little entitled. if you were left there for 10 or 15 minutes or something or that the game wasnt actually progressing while your downed your position would hold more validity.
Survivors waste killers time when standing in the end gate when they have won. but you cant or shouldnt take action against that (as much as it annoys me when people dont just leave) because the game is still progress able. either the timer or the killer can force the game to end.
in the same way, your team (this is a team game for survs) you are there to be a support for your team and vice versa even if your slugged on the ground and even if your team mates are trash.
your welcome to abandon your team mate and fellow players but that IS bad sportmanship hence why there is a DC penalty.
if the devs felt otherwise they wouldnt have excluded this from all the other abandon features that happen when the game is ACTUALLY lost.
if your slugged anmd your team mate is still up you are LOSING but you have not LOST hence why you dont get to DC without penalty.
check your tik tok or whatever for 2 mins if you really cant be bothered to not tap buttons for a minute or 2.
Hatch doesnt even count as a win, so if you have 2 gens left and 1 guy left or 2 guys left and 1s slugged why not just immediately end the game instead of playing it out?
or 1 or 2k for killers isnt a win, should a killer just stop playing when its clear they can not achieve a 3k?
you signed up with 4 other people to play a game. its bad sportmanship to abandon game before the match is over.
Exactly, I love how people always call the Hatch a zero-effort win for Survivors. What about those Trials where the gens are completed by two Survivors, but one gets slugged doing a gate? If the last one gets Hatch, is that a free escape/win? I posted about this very issue over six years ago, and still nothing has been done.
The devs are usually more concerned with The Killer's experience and perspective, which is the issue.
Old post for those interested: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/146093/since-nothing-can-change-the-outcome-is-a-thing-when-can-we-insta-bleed-out-when-slugged
As for the time, I literally bled out to a slug for the 4k twice last evening. In one my teammate did get me up but guess what I went back down shortly afterwards and with two gens left there was no getting out of that. All getting me up did was extend the stupid situation, congrats, should have just left me on the ground. If there are two survivors up we have lost and can no longer win, capitalization doesn't change that.
There is no situation where the killer becomes unable to play the game. On top of that killers have many chances to start a snowball that wins them the match up to the point where all survivors are truly safe, I have done it many times and I would bet you have too. In a 2v1, the survivors cannot win, trying to turn the argument around doesn't work because the roles are incredibly different.
Hatch not counting as a win is exactly my point. Why is it ok for the killer to cause harm to someone else (again minor) to deny a not a win? Why is it ok to ask the survivor to endure that harm (again minor) so that the killer can get a 4k? No argument you could possibly make can justify that.
Ya, a part of me is hoping the guy I am arguing with can actually find evidence that BHVR intended slug for the 4k. If they do it would be the perfect counter to anyone that claims they only care about the survivor role or are all a bunch of survivor mains. Not that people saying things like that are likely to be making arguments in good faith in the first place but I really don't think there would be any way to say they favor survivors if the slug for the 4k loophole is intended.
your writing is much better than mine! also i want to preface since we are clearly on 2 different positions that i hold no hostility or ire towards you even though i can come off blunt or insensitive. So I just want to make sure that you are aware i am talking to you with these long messages because i enjoy talking to you, not because i want to show you up or ypur some enemy of mine.
2. if you want to decrease the game experience of other people in the match to heighten your own experience (i.e. abandon your team mate and other players mid match because you dont want to sit there not doing anything for a couple mins) that is by definition selfish. which is OK to be selfish, im only stating that you cant say another person playing their game with the goal to win and utilising a strategy (non rule breaking) is being selfish because they dont want to play less effectively because you are bothered by a minute or 2 of lowered(you ar able to game interact while slugged) game interactivity or boredom.
3. one of my favorite activities to do when im in that situation is to slu crawl away, if the killer isnt proxying you you can absolutely crawl away and get out of sight within 15 seconds. ive done it dozens and dozens of time(i find slugNseek fun) but most of the time killers are chasing the mori so they leave you alone and dont remain on your body (ime)
4. Occam's razor would suggest that bhvr is aware of that mechanic and if they found it problematic or against game design they would have included that in the slug patches and qol passes they did. it takes more leaps and assumptions to conclude that they are aware of this, not talking about it but internally thinking its not an intended mechanic. why are you assuming they feel this way?
5. i agree this is likely the case in nearly all circumstances but the game still isnt over and a comeback i still possible even if its only a 4 percent chance (hopefully you get that tongue in cheek reference lol) and there is still a chance you can come back and escape. i have done so, not often but a few times it has, or ive at least been able to be part of how team mates escaped even if it was lost for me.
I want to reiterate here that ia m not pro slugging (sluggings fine if you dont over due it or being a jerk about it) in that i have a "get slugged loser" mindset (im aware my username may indicate otherwise) i do care about peoples fun and i do not slug the 3rd for the 4th (most of the time, in competitive matches where all of us are trying, i will because im trying to win) vast majority of the time i let the last 1 or 2 go (i let 2 people go twice last night) and i dont enjoy being slugged and left instead of hooked, i roll my eyes when it happens.
But my point is is that even tho its boring and it sucks, it is part of the games design, clearly is intentional or at the very least tolerated and not seen as a tactic that needs to be removed and i dont think its good for the game to add more ways for people to just dc when a game isnt going the way they want, we already have a major problem with that.
But if that were to be changed and you could abandon, i wouldnt personally complain because its an issue that wouldnt really be impacting me, i just get the DC whenever i down someone faster than they want or they dont like my killer choice or the wind blows or whatever happens in these games lol. I just am not convinced that there is an argument to be made to abandon a game just because you feel like you cant win and dont want to wait a couple minutes.
Best to go by a hook an say hook me mr killer
Then they just slug you for four minutes to find the other guy.
I always give my survivor life up, when 3 others escape (if the killer didn't camp or slug).. and sometimes even drop a pallet or two for few extra points.. I don't even need the points or to escape at this point in the game, I really don't, I have almost all characters and perks.. or if the game was really fun, I just sacrifice myself, even if the killer takes me to the gate.. I always try to reward good sportsmanship.. especially if the killer tried its best to chase us around, and never gave up.. it's not a pity move, it's just my way of showing appreciation towards someone who is actively engaged in making the game desirable for both sides.. unfortunately 95% of the games in what it's called "high MMR" are just sweaty campers and sluggers for the 4k.. yes, I know there are toxic SWFs who actually ruin the games of many innocent killers, but today if you've looped the killer for more than 20 seconds, you are automatically camped for the rest of the game.. not because they want to get rid if good competition, I've literally talked to many of them in the end, and they said I was annoying or toxic.. FOR JUST LOOPING… I never use flashlights or even hindered perks, I'm not even a good looper.. I've been witnessing this "entitlement" discussion for more than 7 years of playing this game.. and everyone is fighting each other, while the actual responsible people for the game, don't even care to read these words.. people have been begging for anti-camping, anti-slugging since the beginning of the game.. here we are 10 years later, releasing more skins and perks that nobody asked for…
Technical documentation is part of my job, I type and write a fair bit and it needs to be clear (but I dramatically overuse commas and regularly use them incorrectly). This is a global forum so I don't expect good writing and wouldn't assume anyone coming here has English as their first language. I also understand that at the end of the day we are discussing a video game, a video game we are both clearly invested in but a video game nonetheless :) , I know I come off as blunt sometimes too and get overly passionate about a silly game. To some extent I am hoping that if this post gets enough comments BHVR will increase the priority of an endgame rework or at least get it onto some sort of roadmap.
I also want to state that I don't think anyone slugging for the 4k makes them a bad person (again video game) but I can say that I would not want to be acquainted with or be friends with a person that would end their matches that way on a regular basis. The best thing I can liken it to in the real world is someone picking up a dollar they saw someone else drop and not giving it back to the person that dropped it (assuming neither of those people really need money). Its ultimately a minor act of selfishness but would make me question the rest of their ethics and motivations.
I understand why someone will slug during the match but once the killer has won (3k) I don't. I cannot see how someone could need a 4k that badly. It may be a game but if I found out a friend was doing it regularly I would re-evaluate that friendship, this game just isn't that serious or truly competitive and if they are not thinking about how it could effect the downed survivor then they quite likely have a childish mindset that I don't trust. If they want the hyper competitive experience we have the comp scene and as a bonus if they don't like certain perks or think matchmaking is poor both of those are in the hands of the players over there. I also wouldn't mind much if it was only an occasional thing but its becoming more and more common to the point that its been nearly every match that the killer wins recently, it wears on you and makes me less and less likely to play survivor.
You can claim that its intended but we have no confirmation of that, I think its far more likely to just have happened by accident and all their attempts at addressing it have been shot down or de-prioritized. I don't mind losing, some of my favorite matches ever in this game are ones I lost, but slugging for the 4k isn't something that allows the survivors a meaningful way to interact with the game. Hatch race at least gives everyone something to do. I am not saying its perfect but its far better than the situation slugging for the 4k creates.
If you want to really tackle DCs, and I agree they happen more on the survivor side, then you have to address why they are happening not band aid in more punishment. They come from a place of real frustration with the game but a desire to keep playing because there is a good game hidden in here and there isn't anything else like it (this doesn't apply to everyone, obviously there are people that just have poor attitudes but those players will never be saved). The reason I have had such a problem with this thread is that slugging for the 4k is clearly one of the primary causes of that frustration that BHVR could tackle and there are so many people defending it. To me personally it is the single greatest cause of frustration, how could it not be when the expectation is for me to just sit there after the match is lost. The biggest problem for this of course is that if they focused on a patch to lessen frustrations people would want their personal grievances included and dealt with, everything would be seen through the lens of balance changes and it won't be allowed to be imperfect at first and fixed over time.
While survivors DC more often, killers complain more (you can dispute this if you want but I have seen too many youtube videos from killers that win nearly all their matches and still complain to think its not true). Those same killers love to claim that all it would take for kill rates to go down is for survivors to learn, they never consider that killers also have skill issues and that kill rates would go up if the average killer player was better. Those skill issues are just not as easily noticed because the game does favor the killer up until we are talking about the absolute highest level of play, simply because it is much easier to snowball on the killer side. When they lose many never consider that they got matched against survivors better than them and they lost because of a skill issue, many jump directly to the game being survivor sided.
PTBs are a great reminder to me that I am probably (not saying with any certainty) better than average, I won all my matches as Jason and my survivor matches were significantly easier than normal (actually weirdly gave me some hope that mmr really does work at least a little). I'm not saying there are no struggles on the killer side but your average youtuber that plays this game for a living or just an absolute ton is not a good judge because they are ridiculously good at the game and out of touch with the struggles of the average player particularly on the survivor side where game knowledge is a bigger part of the game than on killer (it still matters just less in my opinion).
Your average player is average on both sides and they always will be average, even if good tutorials exist you can't force someone to watch them or remember what they said and that is before getting into how different implementing the actions are from just knowing. If you push these players too hard this is what happens. Obviously a balance does need to be struck and we shouldn't push the average killer too hard either but so many simultaneously claim that killer is miserable while winning the majority of their matches. If its miserable while you win imagine how miserable your opponents must have been. I want to reiterate that I am not saying there are no problems on the killer side there absolutely are such as the disparity between maps (which I think effects killers more than survivors), but anytime someone even tries to bring up survivor frustration or survivor issues you are met with people that will insist its just a skill issue and that no changes should be made even if those changes would have no effect on balance, I have even seen people claim that survivor perks on a PTB were overpowered and then they are unused a week after they go live (not saying its never true but more commonly its completely wrong).
I agree that DCing so early is silly but at the same time there have absolutely been games that were lost simply because the killer had a good start. I won't give up but its demoralizing that it can happen that early while its simultaneously possible that the killer could play poorly most of the match and then snowball to a victory near the end, no such comeback exists for survivor. I and the few friends I have that still play survivor are currently trying to teach a new player how to play, I have recommended they focus on killer but they want to join for survivor sometimes. It has been a terrible reminder how on point the entire survivor team needs to be in order to even stand a chance, my solo queue matches are better than playing with them because they are so new. I don't expect to win and am still enjoying my time but the matches shouldn't be the wild blowouts they are either. Unless the killer goes out of their way to play incredibly nicely we lose with many gens left and that's one new player playing with three experienced players (not sweaty or incredibly good but at least decent I think).
(and now I think I have written too much and I don't think I can be this verbose again, sorry for the wall of text)
I feel bad for the mods that have to read all of these comments..
i think something that would help with these situations is that the game doesnt really make win conditions clear for killers.
With survivors its pretty easy, escape is a rather obvious inference. But with survivors the game doesnt really make clear that if 3 people escape and you die, you still win because its a team game. as such, a good chunk of people in soloq play selfishly (though in my expereince i think overall i encounter generally altruistic and team minded people)
With killers, the only people who know that 3k is considered by the game/devs to be a win is those who pay attention to the game to the degree you and I and the rest of the people that come and chat on a forum over it.
All the game tells you is that as a killer you have to kill the survivors. The inference is that the goal is to kill all 4. and killing 4 survivors is an obvious win because the game ends and there is no one else left to kill but i dont see anything in the game that really informs you that a 3k is still a victory beyond the end game phrase of "brutal killer" or whatever.
So i think alot of people dont feel they have a win or that its not a sufficient win unless they have 4 kills. I think that if BHVR were to make it clearer in game what the game considers as a win it "may" decrease people who stop at nothing for the 4k.
I dont think you can stop it permanently because people are as people are but if the game could reinforce to people more that 3k is a win or even gave another route to see your mori on survivor 3 instead of just 4 it could help as im sure a chunk of people slug for 4k specifically for the mori.
After sleeping on it though, i am less steadfast in my opposition to a slug dc in that situation.
So in conclusion, i will rescind my points in that will i remain steadfast in not wanting further DC encouragement but i think the net gain is higher than loss for an abandon feature in that scenario. If BHVR does implement a change on this i just hope they have some other general pass on DCing (though i do not know what the solution is) and that they have the game make it more obvious to killers in game that they have won if its a 3k. But maybe we can debate this idea, but if BHVR made the End game hook not give so much protection to the survs it could make that play more appealing to killers. I do believe there still needs to be endurance and most of the hook protections in place but right now i think that there is so much safety involved on that final hook in EGC that many killers dont want to play that scenario. I think endurance should be knocked down to 5 seconds and shorter haste buff which i think will allow for a more balanced final play. Theoretically this would make this scenario less bad feeling to killers to where they would slug someone to avoid reaching a scenario they feel is too hard to win.
Though personally i enjoy end game hook plays and i have had some of my most satisfying game experiences in the 10 years ive played the game off and on for have come from the end game plays, i do think that currently end game hooks are really punishing for around half of the killer roster and it doesnt make it a scenario you want to be in.
Thank you for being polite and cordial on a discussion of our differing views. because of that it caused me to be able to really reflect on my positions and listen to yours and as such, i can say my mind has been changed!
im going to admit slugging is boring for the killer itself
Don't! Being here is an absolute pleasure and I'm lucky to be able to interact with the community so closely and with a part of the community who feels extremely passionate.
The same lack of definition to win conditions occurs on the survivor side as well, obviously an escape is something you want but the game internally defines only your personal escape as a win for you (ultimately only to the hidden mmr system) and while I agree that a three out where I die is still a win for me you will find people arguing for playing in a selfish way.
This has been one of the suggested solutions actually, that in a 2v1 the moment a survivor goes down a mori starts, hell lets make it extra fun and give ranged killers a special mori when they get the ranged down (nurses head is now three times as big lol). I am very open to other options than the slugged survivor abandoning or being insta-killed by the way and would even prefer a rework to make the 2v1 more engaging but all of those take more development effort than just letting them leave. The band aid would unfortunately likely become permanent but at least it would be something. I agree that the endgame scenario of one hook and everyone else still up sucks as well and a reduction to endurance in endgame would be a fine change but just like the killer winning scenario it feels like a band aid when it obviously needs some rework.
I agree there is a disconnection problem and a giving up problem (on both sides) but I frame it as a frustration problem first and an attitude problem second (for some it really is just attitude). You will never make everyone happy but it is possible to decrease frustration on both sides while still maintaining game balance, I mentioned some of that on the survivor side but a big one I should point out on the killer side is the expectation that ghostface should be able to win under the same conditions as nurse and blight. The disparity between killer strength is a massive driver of frustration as well and ultimately on both sides.
This is so neatly writed that im going to treat this as a short story to read for fun
I 100% agree with you. This needs to be addressed. They had a fix for it and then failed to go through with it. I don't play this way when I play killer because I'm not trying to draw the game out or feel entitled to a 4k.
I'm talking about if the other person is already slugged
Is there really no solution other than handing the win to the killer when there's only two survivors left? Every step taken has been leading to that. It's no wonder survivors give up early when they genuinely, naturally lose that early.
Maybe, just maybe, you should accept that the match is lost at that point and it makes it easier for everyone if you actually played the game. Hiding edge map, touching totems and chests to avoid crows just for a shot at hatch (on match you and your team clearly lost) is just something I can not wrap around my head. When I play survivor and get into such situations, I get on a gen, try to pickup the slug and just progress the game, the killer finds me and we have a last good chase then we say ggs and go next, its that simple.
No changes are acceptable unless approved by the CC killer base, which means that any change to the situation will need to be even more favorable to the killer than the current slugging for the 4k. When you start from that framing, there's literally nowhere to go but how to leave the game the fastest.
This is just your ego talking. I play killer more than survivor and I never slug for a 4k unless the survs were just being toxic. It wastes everybody's time. You won the game with a 3k. Who gives a ######### if one survivor gets to escape through the hatch? I get out through the hatch in the majority of my games. You know why? Because my teammates are trash and I can actually loop the killer so they leave me after I've wasted like 1-2 minutes of their time. Needing to get a 4k because you feel it's owed to you is just ego and baby mentality. Wah wah I need my 4k Mr. Entity I did so good I deserve it. Just end the game bro. It's not that deep. If you count 1 surv out as a loss than you're the issue, not the hatch. You're the one having unfun games. You are the problem. And from one killer main to another, stop it. You make us all look bad.
>Needing to get a 4k because you feel it's owed to you is just ego and baby mentality. Wah wah I need my 4k Mr. Entity I did so good I deserve it
>I get out through the hatch in the majority of my games. You know why? Because my teammates are trash and I can actually loop the killer so they leave me after I've wasted like 1-2 minutes of their time
What is this reply? Thanks for highlighting the points that make you look like a massive ego maniac I guess.
Slugging for the 4k is obnoxious - it just is. Whether you like hatch or not, it's supposed to a part of the game. When I play survivor I'd love to cheese my way out of having to deal with match mechanics that benefit killers - unfortunately it seems killers are the only ones that get that privilege.
You want to go for equality across roles? Turn off AFK crows when there's 2 people left and one of them are down. The killer wants to waste 2 peoples' time by slugging for the 4k? Let survivors waste their time right back. If the killer doesn't want anyone's time to be wasted then might I suggest they suspend playing like a jerk and simply hook the person they downed.