Retooled Torment (A "Comeback" of Tools of Torment)

Alright, I'm insane, and I reworked the entirety of Tools of Torment. All-Kill did deserve a comeback Chapter, so, I decided to look towards what is one of, if not, THE worst Chapter in Dead By Daylight. Expect a lot of images to come by with text in between to further explain things should they need to be.

Now be aware, this is LONG! VERY LONG! If you got a spare half-hour or so, then here we go!

ToTIntro.png

I have the backstories in a bunch of Google Docs should anyone request them. I won't leave him here since, well, you're gonna have to read a lot coming up, and I know not everybody is interested in reading backstories.

Shelter Woods

ShelterWoods.png ShelterWoods1.png

Shelter Woods is getting the one thing it's been missing out on: cover. Map is very barren, so I took the Abandoned Airfield from the end of Skull Merchant's backstory and placed it here, combining it with MacMillan Estate.

The Skull Merchant

Skully1.png Skully2.png Skully3.png Skully4.png

This is the entirety of The Skull Merchant's Power. I have posted this solo before (where it did get panned), but it's back here! Skully is no longer Diet Clown, she's not messing around with Haste and Hindered. She has an actual Power this time! Claw Traps now have a purpose beyond Tracking (helping in the chase), and her Power no longer just completely nullifies a loop if she presses the Power Button during a chase.

Skully5.png Skully6.png Skully7.png Skully8.png Skully9.png

Now here are her Add-Ons. A lot of them are hints towards her reworked backstory. A majority of her Add-Ons didn't really capture her lore that well. Most of them were just drone pieces. They didn't tell much about who The Skull Merchant is, just what Drones are.

The Skull Merchant - Perks

SkullyPerks.png

Her Perks aren't the best, that much is clear. These, of course, are not perfect. I don't expect them to be, but these are steps in the right direction. THWACK! can activate more often and now works properly with Knight and Dissolution. Leverage combines both the previous and current versions of itself to gain… heh, "leverage" on the Survivors when Hooking. Game Afoot now gives faster break action while chasing your Obsession and tells you who is going to become the Obsession if you smack 'em!

Thalita Lyra - Perks

ThalitaPerks.png

Thalita also does not have good Perks, and you might be wondering what the heck Partner is. I'll get into in a bit, but basically, all you need to know at the moment is that Teamwork is dead and being replaced with Partner, making it a clear and defined category. Anyway, Friendly Competition now actually starts one, Power of Two is no longer just worse Blood Pact, and Cut Loose can actually activate as well as having more things it can activate on.

Renato Lyra - Perks

RenatoPerks.png

Renato also has Perks that exist in Dead By Daylight! Blood Rush I fully reworked because there are a bunch of anti-tunnel Perks in this game already, and Blood Rush just isn't a good one. It works with Sprint Burst and Lithe, but it genuinely does not work with anything else, so I changed it to something very unique. Collective Stealth now has a grace period and adds Elusive! Background Player, I've toyed around with. It's like it's previous self, but I made it so it can't be used for braindead stuns while the Killer is picking up. It's used for getting across the map extremely quickly and nothing else.

So, What Are Partner Perks?

Partner Perks are replacing Teamwork Perks and coming with a clear and defined effect. Teamwork Perks, notoriously, have no identity. If you have a Partner Perk, one Survivor is selected to become your Partner! Your Partner cannot be somebody else's Partner (ie, if Dwight and Jane are Partners, Feng cannot also be Jane's Partner), and your Partner will always be from your Survive With Friends group if you're in one (unless you have a man 3 SWF, if that happens, cross your fingers!).

Now what follows is reworks to not only Teamwork Perks to change them into Partner Perks, but changes to other Perks that are becoming Partner Perks.

PartnerP1.png

These Stranger Things Perks are becoming Partner Perks! Soft-Spoken and Full Circuit were both weak on their own, but now they're stronger with your Partner. Better Together is practically the same, but more than one shares the Aura reveal now. Camraderie had to be changed because of Reassurance. Camraderie got blown outta the water. It's now a way to contact your Partner from anywhere.

PartnerP2.png

Next up is Resident Evil! Rookie Spirit is really bad. It's a new player Perk, first and foremost, but now, if your Partner is repairing, getting a Great adds some towards their Gen too! Also, that last sentence is to prevent the exploitation of Stake Out. Resurgence currently needs a nerf, and what better way than with Partner? You'll only get that massive heal if your Partner rescues you. Better Than New had some major number buffs, but only works on one Survivor. Low Profile now can function more often and more than once a game.

PartnerP3.png

Finally are a mixed bag! You have the Walking Dead and 3 grab bag ones! Toughen Up and Throw Down grant Status Effects to your Partner when they may need it the most. Quick Gambit only works for one Survivor, sizeable nerf for the most part, but if you two are communicating, you might go far with it… and I removed the cooldown. Still Sight is REALLY bad, but now, you can give your Partner these Auras to help them while you stand still. Road Life now pools Tokens into an emergency fund.

Bonuses - Voicelines

Although Renato and Thalita have voice lines, there's not a lot of them and Skull Merchant flat out doesn't have any. So, here are some Voice Lines I've added for them!

SkullyVoices.png ThalitaVoiceLines.png RenatoVoiceLines.png

End

That's the whole thing! The most notoriously hated Chapter has been fully reworked by me. Tools of Torment absolutely deserves a comeback because of just how half-baked it was at launch and how it's still half-baked now.

Comments

  • I love this rework concept.

    Honestly any Skull Merchant Rework that makes it so the radar can be used to provide consistent info on survivors has my support.

    Really hope BHVR will get around to fixing her and in doing so, make her the first info focused killer where using her tracker to find and follow survivors is a core element.