For the killer players out there.
Does any killers actually enjoy playing Trickers Delusion? I can't say much for the survivor perspective but as far as gameplay the map IMO is just bad.
Be curious to know how other killers feel and even survivors if you wanna chime in with constructive comments ;)
don't get me wrong. to look at its kinda cool. Not horror in one bit as its to bright but cool none the less the design department really did an amazing job. but the Gameplay of the loops is just well…Yeah.
Comments
If I get this map as killer, I usually sigh and make the best of it but I really don't have fun, depending on the killer.
Never thought I'd dislike a map more than Badham but I hate this one equally as both roles. There's too much sensory, too many sudden dead ends, and if you don't know the pathing better than any other map, you're screwed.
Cool design though.
100%. would rather play every badham map back to back than play this map lol
Yeah agreed, and I'm saying that as someone who has DCed maybe ten times in thousands of matches, and one of those was loading onto Badham as Dredge during the map weighting and just noping out immediately.
It really is a shame cause you can tell a ton of work was put into it, but every time I play on it, whether killer or survivor, I feel like I'm losing to the map over anything else.
I like the map but no matter how many times I play it I always get lost lol.
It's big. That's really all the map has going it for as a survivor player. So it's good for gen spacing, but actual loops are not good.
See for me as a Vecna (The First) Player i rely on either Auras or Line of sight. Tricksters delusion every 2 steps if feels like you can lose line of sign and because of how colourful everything its its impossibly hard to see auras sometimes because of all the neon signs.
The map isnt even that big. It just feels way bigger than it is, because it is so long-winded. You are not able to cross the map easily, which makes the traveling distance longer, even if the map is not big itself.
@Topic:
This is something I said from the start. Once the honeymoon phase is over and people stop saying "OMG IT IS SO PRETTY BEST MAP IN DBD UWU", they will see that the map is really bad. And it is bad for both sides, I think the majority of players regardless which role they play dont really have fun. Aside from Stealth Killers, the map sucks for basically every Killer. And aside from very few God Pallets, the loop on the map are way too short to be used.
I'm honestly shocked. I 100% thought replys to this post would just be posts like "maybe get good at the map" lol. Its nice to see that at least within this thread the map is hated by all XD
I don't hate it. Its the same level as most maps. Its not good its not bad its just there as a map.
I would even say I do like it as I see it as indoor map and I like playing on indoor maps.
I actually like the map, it's great for stealth killer like Myers. The spawn points can be a bit annoying but generally it's not too bad. It's nice to get map for stealth killers for a change, we only have Gideon, Hawkins, midwitch and lerys and now tricksters map.
I feel the map is okay, but it definitely needs some adjustments to play better.
Aesthetically, it is a solid 10, but gameplay wise, it really doesn't feel all that well.
the map is good. Killers cry too much
Theres the unconstructive comments we love on this forum :)
It's about as balanced as a fat guy on a unicycle.
As a Killer prospective its my most hated map. There isn't alot of ways to mind game on this map and its just covered in path blocking pallets and god windows.
Im a Unknown Main and its very difficult to play for trick shots. Mainly my kind of trick shots which I do long shots (kinda like the Huntress Long shots you see online).
Is it just me or is the map like a Maze to Anyone else.
Not at all. It looks pretty, but I don't like it from a gameplay standpoint as either role.
I really, really want to like this map because it looks so cool and unique, but I just don't enjoy it currently.
it's just a government mandated survivor sided map. I hate it, but survivors hate Hawkins too so it's give and take.
It usually depends on what killer I play but I think it's okay not bad not great just okay and it's a unique map so I'm all for it
It's a horrible map - it looks cool, but it's really horrible to play with every killer I've ever gotten it. As survivor, I only played 3 times on it I believe - it felt pretty okay, but it heavely depents on your position on the map xD
It very matchmaking dependent. If I'm against middle to lower-skill survivors, then generally it's a pretty okay map because they'll almost always wedge themselves at one of the many abysmal 50/50 pallets through the map.
If I'm against good survivors that know the map and where to go, it's possibly the most frustrating map in the game.