Camping is getting on my nerves
Vent post. Camping is “strategic” or whatever apparently but it’s just really boring and frustrating.
Its even boring for killer like imagine being that desperate just run NOED at that point. But the fact that you literally can’t even let people have a chance really sucks.
Literally throughout my past 5-10 games I have been tunneled to death, camped, facecamped, and even moried at least 4 times now. The worst part is that I’m literally deranking in the progress because I’m playing solo which makes it more difficult. This is why people run DS and BT.
I get that my team escapes often but it just really sucks when this happens so much. Before someone sarcastically posts like “what is the killer supposed to hold your hand?” No. I don’t expect them to. But it’s just so frustrating as a solo player man :^((
I don’t even tbag or do anything that seems “toxic”. I just don’t understand why I’ve been so unlucky lately.
I know how to juke properly and hide well but I just still end up being found. Man...
Its even boring for killer like imagine being that desperate just run NOED at that point. But the fact that you literally can’t even let people have a chance really sucks.
Literally throughout my past 5-10 games I have been tunneled to death, camped, facecamped, and even moried at least 4 times now. The worst part is that I’m literally deranking in the progress because I’m playing solo which makes it more difficult. This is why people run DS and BT.
I get that my team escapes often but it just really sucks when this happens so much. Before someone sarcastically posts like “what is the killer supposed to hold your hand?” No. I don’t expect them to. But it’s just so frustrating as a solo player man :^((
I don’t even tbag or do anything that seems “toxic”. I just don’t understand why I’ve been so unlucky lately.
I know how to juke properly and hide well but I just still end up being found. Man...
Comments
I think a question is when are you being camped. If its your first hook or gens are not done then yes this sucks. Its not a good style of game play and does not favor killer or survivor. If the gates are powered and the killer hasn't taken out any one... well it sucks you got caught but the killer is cutting their losses and taking what they can get not to de-rank them self. Context is important I would say, as not all camping is bad. Yes there is strategic camping as you mentioned.. but there are other kinds too. Toxic camping which really is no fun, and understanding the difference I think it is important for both survivors and killers. Aka camping IS valid but NOT always. It should not be the one strategy implemented in a match and if it is whats the context (if survivors keep dive bombing the hook it is in no way the killers fault for being forced to stick by you). However if you just have a leather daddy chainsawing in your face on your first hook with 5 gens undone... yeah ... bad killer.
Fact is, it is boring and eliminates the fun of playing the game when someone hard camps/tunnels from the start. Git gud does not apply as I have e yet to see anyone so good at survivor that they can't be caught.
It is what it is though. I just try to ignore campers, teabaggers and other toxic bs.
Don't get me wrong, it's a ######### tactic (except when survivor fall for it) but best thing to do is to accept defeat and move on to the next match.
Simple, just stop playing and either 1 of 2 things will happen:
I have no problem with either scenario.
Losing isn't supposed to be fun or provide the same benefits as winning. If it were, it'd be functionally indistinguishable from winning.
Maybe its time and see what it feels like to play killer? No tunnel and camp then
If camping gets on your nerves, try out killer for a bit. When you're killer, you have full control over how the killer decides to play. c: It may get annoying if you get toxic teams, but you still have the choice on how you want to approach those teams. Alternatively, do your best to lose the killer. Get out of sight while in a chase, try not to get caught. I typically run bond so that I can see where my other survivors are. It'll let you know where someone is to work on a gen with and you can be safer in pairs. The killer may go after the other person, especially if they run to a dead zone while you don't. I would recommend against everyone being together, though. I'd say don't go for unsafe saves (unless you have BT, though wait until the half point) and just do your best.
Even when you might feel cheated by facing "scummy tactit" you still got legitly beatem. Get over it and hope next game you'll do better.
Or you can always enjoy wonders of playing killer which surely isn't far more frustrating then survivor can ever be.
Yes, they are part of the game so using them is only logical. But I never said I enjoy either facecamping or DS flashlight SWF groups. Just saying that we all have to deal with what's in the game right now by just getting over it until it changes.
Ive played hundreds of hours of this game. STOP PUTTING ME WITH NOOBS FFS!!!
Rank reset is garbage. Dead by daylight is objectively a bad game around reset. It sucks ass that you havr to grind to get fun matches.
Get looped by a good survivor and see how fun it is to run in a circle while getting nothing done for ever.
If a survivor is camped, it means the killer won a chase. If the killer won a chase, it means the survivor was worse than the killer. You can't be camped by a killer who is worse than you are.
Very easy to escape the killer without being hooked once with those odds.
And btw it's not always about you. It's frustrating seeing decent people being camped and not being able to help them because leatherface or something.
You don't lose to someone who's less skilled than you are unless RNG is heavily tilted against you (bad draws in card games, bad dice rolls in games with dice, etc.). You lose when you are worse than the other guy. It's that simple.
Yay, you got it out of your system!
Now you can endure some camping again.
You can't compare totally different characters with different abilities. You are worse than someone when you do worse in the same situation as him.
That actually sounds right.
If you're better, you'll lose them.
if you're worse, you get caught.
The duration of the chase doesn't matter.
Right, it makes no sense that winning the chase means you were better at the chase.
Of course it is, chasing is 1v1, not 1v4.
But that doesn't mean the Survivor didn't lose.
There's enough Perks to help them escape chases if they can't do it naturally.
If it makes you feel better to think that the guy who won is worse than the guy who lost, then by all means, continue to do so. It won't change reality, though.
Hilarious.
One of them won at stealth, the other lost at stealth and lost the chase. So yes, I do think the former is a winner and the latter is a loser because they are objectively so, in regards to stealth and chases.
The survivor who was never seen (assuming there were chances for them to get spotted, obviously, as opposed to the killer never even showing up in their vicinity) is better at stealth than the one who was spotted, yes. And the killer who wins a chase is better at chases than the survivor who lost them, yes.
If you fail at an aspect of the game, you are objectively worse at that aspect than someone who succeeded at that same aspect.
And sometimes you will lose because you put yourself in that situation either to save a tunneled person or help the team in some way. The person you saved is not neccessarily better survivor. That's my point. Not everything is black and white.
If you escape you win. So yes points don't matter so long as you get out. Hiding in a locker is bad because it doesn't actually work in the long run, eventually you have to leave that locker when your team is dead with 1 gen done cuz you weren't helping
If it took 3 survivors just to get one gen done, then the team was either really bad, or the killer was insanely good.
Too bad Kindred is all reliant on who you get put with. Often you get farmed anyway.
Might as well just stick to SWF.
1st option. If a strategy works consistently you can assume a majority of people will try to use it. Doing so with the "hide in locker" strategy is not going to end well.
Also the AFK crows are handy for this
I find it hard to believe people are actually camped and tunneled this often/as often as they claim on this board all the time. However, I don't find it hard to believe that they are salty they got caught, that they were bad at hiding after being unhooked so the killer found them again, they were bad at looping so they got caught another time, that their teammates were near the hook so the killer stayed nearby, that they consider not leaving the map entirely to be "camping," or that they think the killer should run away from the hook even when all gens are done and the doors are open.
”Just play killer”
I only play killer when I don’t feel very stressed out in life. I have issues irl that can actually get to me if I don’t play in the proper mindset which is why I prefer to go over with survivor.
”You’re bad at juking, worse than killer”
I have had killers who kept chasing me after I have lost them for a bit. But sometimes I’ll be doing gens with others and they will still target after me because they couldn’t catch me the first or second time.
There are also times when I have no pallets around me, no areas to jump over to try to juke longer, and I can’t simply just urban evasion away because I never even use that perk anymore. I don’t like being TOO stealthy in a game because of how impatient I am.
”Do SWF”
Yeah so we can all get moried or get NOED. I’m playing NOED is getting more and more common nowadays. I don’t have people who play DBD like that unless I come onto this forums and try to find some people on here to play with often. Maybe I can try that. (New friends!) Idk though because timezones are also a mess.
”Don’t get caught”
That’s like saying to the killer; don’t loop around me 5 times and stop tunneling me after if u can’t catch me. This ain’t it ni🅱️🅱️a.
It's almost like killers lost an incentive to leave the hook to go for someone else...
I mostly play survivor but I can tell you its in the killers best interest to eliminate survivors as fast as possible, camping isn't always the best way to do that but tunnelling can be. Trying to hook all 4 survivors instead of just going for a kill is how you lose but conversely just going after 1 all game is also how you lose(you need pressure). I can't tell you how many times I've seen a killer just throw because they didn't secure a kill at the endgame or otherwise.
So if you get found first/hooked first do you best not to ever get caught or even seen again because that is exactly what the killer needs to turn the game in their favour. Once I have a good chase or a save I try to let my team mates do that and start on gens, and vice versa, if I do gens I'll look to save or take pressure from already hooked allies. When we say don't get caught we mean it... Stealth is very strong and somewhat overlooked..
I still believe that survivor is stronger than killer, most killers only win because survivors are bad/make a mistake and a good team of survivors can straight up make B tier killers lose.
Camping generally just sucks and its only useful at the endgame or you really need to secure a killer for a position of power.
Then stay inside
I'm against and i never camp, even with doors open because it sucks.
But let me tell you something: