Camping is getting on my nerves

Vent post. Camping is “strategic” or whatever apparently but it’s just really boring and frustrating.

Its even boring for killer like imagine being that desperate just run NOED at that point. But the fact that you literally can’t even let people have a chance really sucks.

Literally throughout my past 5-10 games I have been tunneled to death, camped, facecamped, and even moried at least 4 times now. The worst part is that I’m literally deranking in the progress because I’m playing solo which makes it more difficult. This is why people run DS and BT.

I get that my team escapes often but it just really sucks when this happens so much. Before someone sarcastically posts like “what is the killer supposed to hold your hand?” No. I don’t expect them to. But it’s just so frustrating as a solo player man :^((

I don’t even tbag or do anything that seems “toxic”. I just don’t understand why I’ve been so unlucky lately.

I know how to juke properly and hide well but I just still end up being found. Man...

Comments

  • @Eveline said:
    So if people use swf ds and flashlights and win, killer got legitimately beaten too?

    Of course, its not cheating or sth, you cant report for it.
    Just symptom of the horrible game balance sadly

  • @Eveline said:
    Don't get caught or play the killer. God forbid devs do something about those evil survivors.

    You learn quickly xD

  • scorpio said:

    I find it hard to believe people are actually camped and tunneled this often/as often as they claim on this board all the time. However, I don't find it hard to believe that they are salty they got caught, that they were bad at hiding after being unhooked so the killer found them again, they were bad at looping so they got caught another time, that their teammates were near the hook so the killer stayed nearby, that they consider not leaving the map entirely to be "camping," or that they think the killer should run away from the hook even when all gens are done and the doors are open.

    No it's definitely a thing at low ranks. I didn't play survivor much last month so didn't rank up too far. Now I'm stuck with the newbies. Many never leave the hook area. To make it worse some survivors just yank you off anyway.

    I'm trying to grind my way up the ranks as fast as possible because it isn't as common in high rank.
  • Best way to punish a "cAmPiNg iS a lEgIt StRaTeGy" killer is to take the L and stall as much time as possible on the hook (struggle as long as you can) so your teammates can repair gens. Don't give that Killer more kills than what they deserve.
  • Tsulan said:
    Mhh the threads about camping are increasing. 
    It's almost like killers lost an incentive to leave the hook to go for someone else...
    Developers: Let's punish killers who camp by de-ranking them slowly!
    Killers: I can now de-rank without DC'ing and risking a ban? Nice!
    Developers:https://goo.gl/images/R6GJVC
  • Peasant said:
    Tsulan said:
    Mhh the threads about camping are increasing. 
    It's almost like killers lost an incentive to leave the hook to go for someone else...
    Developers: Let's punish killers who camp by de-ranking them slowly!
    Killers: I can now de-rank without DC'ing and risking a ban? Nice!
    Developers:https://goo.gl/images/R6GJVC
    Pretty much. 
    But the devs want killers to camp. 
  • @Gamzello

    Camping is a fun issue, not a balance issue, so I totally agree.

    Solving camping and the ability of the killer to be able to camp you would look something like this:
    Link: Would This fix dbd's tunnelling and camping problem?

  • Orion said:

    @Warlock_2020 said:
    You will see little sympathy from the killer main dominated boards. They even eat other killer mains who don't agree with them. Camping is toxic. It is a horrible gameplay experience when done all the time. There are instances where camping truly is strategic. Like when gens are done, or hook swarming. I'd even say that when you hook that one flashlight bearing,  ds having guy that has followed all game just to try to interrupt you. Ensuring that kill means he can't interrupt you anymore. (Looking at you, Mr. Rank 2 in a match vs Rank 14 killers.)

    Fact is, it is boring and eliminates the fun of playing the game when someone hard camps/tunnels from the start. Git gud does not apply as I have e yet to see anyone so good at survivor that they can't be caught. 

    It is what it is though.  I just try to ignore campers, teabaggers and other toxic bs. 

    Losing isn't supposed to be fun or provide the same benefits as winning. If it were, it'd be functionally indistinguishable from winning.

    You feel the same when a SWF depip squad rips the killer a new one? It is not about winning and losing, you can still have fun in the game. It is a game. Nobody is winning money. There are too many ways in which to grief players intentionally though. 
  • We need kind of "camping police" with the entity pushing facecamping out of the hooked survs
  • There is game called Civilization V ...

  • I only discourage and dislike face camping UNLESS it's at the endgame/bad game you have to expect that. If it's early in the game and a Killer face camps...yeah...bad. I strongly hate early camping that ruins the flow and,fun of a match.


    Patrolling around a Hook area if you didn't see anyone with BBQ or any other aura/tracking Perk isn't going off...then sorry not sorry it's a fine tactic. There's a point where it's overdone or done without cause or good intuition... But sometimes it's the nature of the beast.

  • what is camping for you?

    since there is no clear definition of the word, you can call a lot of killers "camper", even though they didnt even have the intention to camp.

    please clarify.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Why did you guys decide to bring this thread back up I’m ashamed of my past

  • @Peasant said:

    Tsulan said:
    Mhh the threads about camping are increasing. 
    It's almost like killers lost an incentive to leave the hook to go for someone else...
    Developers: Let's punish killers who camp by de-ranking them slowly!
    Killers: I can now de-rank without DC'ing and risking a ban? Nice!
    Developers:https://goo.gl/images/R6GJVC

    Developers: Camping is intended gameplay and wont be punished.

    Survivors: Camping sucks, punish baby killers.

    Developers: Let's punish killers who camp by de-ranking them slowly! Let's nerf BBQ, so there is even more camping.

    Killers: I can now de-rank without DC'ing and risking a ban? Nice!

    Survivors :https://goo.gl/images/R6GJVC

    Survivors: Deranking is a problem, please fix

    Developers: Wait, players dont wanna rank up? Why? https://goo.gl/images/R6GJVC

  • Welcome to dead by daylight nobody has fun

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    You will see little sympathy from the killer main dominated boards. They even eat other killer mains who don't agree with them. Camping is toxic. It is a horrible gameplay experience when done all the time. There are instances where camping truly is strategic. Like when gens are done, or hook swarming. I'd even say that when you hook that one flashlight bearing,  ds having guy that has followed all game just to try to interrupt you. Ensuring that kill means he can't interrupt you anymore. (Looking at you, Mr. Rank 2 in a match vs Rank 14 killers.)

    Fact is, it is boring and eliminates the fun of playing the game when someone hard camps/tunnels from the start. Git gud does not apply as I have e yet to see anyone so good at survivor that they can't be caught. 

    It is what it is though.  I just try to ignore campers, teabaggers and other toxic bs. 

    truth is truth

1 2 ›