Why is The Spirit still designed around sound-only tracking despite the accessibility support featur
I would like to raise a concern about The Spirit.
This killer is able to track survivors primarily through sound, which often makes chases feel like there is very little real mindgame involved from the survivor side. In many situations, it feels completely normal to go down very quickly because her power is simply too overwhelming.
Dead by Daylight has introduced excellent accessibility features such as audio support options so that even players with hearing difficulties can enjoy the game. Because of that, I genuinely do not understand why a killer whose strength depends so heavily on sound-based tracking is still allowed to remain in this state.
If the game is aiming to become more accessible, then I believe this kind of design should be reconsidered.
Comments
Yeah even though people are downvoting you, I think a visual indicator on the outside of the screen would go a really long way of the hard of hearing.
Actually I think there is that audo visualiser setting? Although I don't think it does directional audio or does it?
Issue is everyone will turn it on and this would hard nerf Spirit, if it would be precise.
and if it's vague information, then sure, it will basically tell them Spirit is nearby, so better than nothing. At that point just make it count as lullaby and that would fix the issue. (I am not sure if it doesn't do that already, haven't played against Spirit in a long time)
Something like that would help a lot, but also they could just buff her if it was truly making her unplayable.
Accessibility options are important. They could rebalance her after the fact. I wouldn't be against a toggle for turning off different sounds like the puke noises or screams too. Lots of little features people have wanted for years.
My hope is a decision like this would come paired with a rework, because like the visual TR indicator, everyone would turn it on as soon as they are aware of it. I like Spirit, even if I'm not very good at her, and as @PetTheDoggo pointed out, anything precise would flatten her entirely without changing how her power is balanced.