Is The First OP?

Enough time has past it's time to discuss if the First is OP or not now what drived me to make this post was cause I've seen talk from creators like Otz and Hens saying he's not Op and actually exhaustion perks destroys the First and that exhaustion perks need to be nerfed.

What do you think?

Comments

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4054633#Comment_4054633

    alucards shield is a fun useless meme addon that adds spice to life, what did that sddon ever do to anybody?

    Alucard's Shield is a near useless add on. This is because it takes place exclusively within the walls of a gate. Expand that concept to the full trial grounds and you no longer have correct movements in any situation. You cannot be better than The First, you can only hope they are worse than you. But throw enough crud at the wall, eventually some of it will stick. That's the problem.

  • @Jay_K said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/463847/is-the-first-op

    Short answer to this is No.

    The long answer is Yes and No

    Why I feel he is OP

    In the right hands he is OP. I have been playing him since release and honestly put more hours into him than i have played DBD over the last 6 months as i find him extremely fun to play. This means i am getting used to his power and the little tricks needed to get good with him. There are times i down a survivor after 4 perfect hits (2 to get into power then 2 to down them) and i do think sometimes "Man this killer is a tad OP kind of needs a nerf".
    However there are times when i play him and miss a hit with his power then have to spend 3 - 5 business days catching back up to the survivor because he is so god damn slow.

    I feel like he is similar to Nurse and Blight. In the hands of a new/casual player he is extremely hard to play. If you miss your shot you lose so much distance, have to spend a while catching up and pray you don't miss the next one. But on the flip side those players who put the time to learn his power will start destroying survivor teams.

    Why I feel he isn't OP

    Firstly he is a slow killer. His slower movement speed means a survivor just has to hold W and you will have such a long chase. He is shut down fairly easily in a chase by any haste perk, if you don't run aura read then your just shooting blind especially on indoor maps where survivors can break line of sight all the time.

    Secondly he is shut down by anything with elevation. I'm not talking about multi level maps like the game or RPD im talking about parts of the map that has temporary elevation. As an example the hills on the outdoor maps. You can't shoot thru them which means you have no choice but to either run around them or leave chase.
    When your trying to get quick hits with your power if a survivor is near a staircase, The hill, even things like the railings on dead dog saloon then your power will end up hitting something completely different.

    I've been testing various counter plays with him with my wife in customs and there are a fair few things that you can do to shut him down.

    Firstly Deception. Because he is a slower movement speed killer I personally find that deception is messing me up, You hear a locker and think the survivor is just hiding from your power. by time u get there you have no visual on the survivor because of the distance they have gained and i would say 7/10 times I have just completely lost the survivor.
    Any sort of haste perk. Be it temp haste like sprint burst or lithe or a more perm haste like boon this really messes with the killer. Normally if you can light up the circle so the survivor is dead center then you are guaranteed a hit. But if survivor has any haste then that is no longer the case.
    And simply Holding W. This won't let you escape but holding W and not taking a weird side to side path to lose distance will ensure that the chase with Vecna lasts longer than it should.

    This.I have the same impression from playing against him.

    I disagree with the notion of the OP, that enough has passed. I wanna see a few games of the likes otz against equally competent survivors to see who pummels who.

    Right now it is entirely dependend on the respective killer player. Some come with just a green perk from Henry, some come weith a dedicaded build. Some miss and miss, some aim perfectly. It's really hard to tell.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4054332#Comment_4054332

    By "clear counterplay" you mean "just don't be found" and "guess better"?

    Power of hold W

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    I think he's alright.

    I don't agree with pickups pausing worldbreaker, though.

    I don't agree with pickups pausing worldbreaker, though.

    I think concept is good, but now they definetly should reduce duration of worldbreaker, or at least let survivors reduce more time, so there is not a minute left. Like 30 seconds would be fine imo.

    There it would make sense to pause with pickups so he doesn't have to slug during it.

  • @Valuetown said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/463847/is-the-first-op

    If the dev team's official "counterplay" to the killer is "run sprint burst and prerun," yes the killer is OP lol

    Well I think the official counterplay is Prerun and Hold W and Exhaustion perks just makes those even better.

  • @random1543 said:

    He needs some minor adjustments in my opinion mainly around how well the clock works as counterplay.

    I think the clocks give too much guaranteed power time for how easily he is able to get it back up. I think the clocks need to reduce the timer more then it currently does.

    I think more survivors would accept the spammy nature of the power if the clocks felt like better counterplay.

    Edit: this would also lead to survivors doing clocks more often as you go in and out of clock mode more often.

    Agree with this, the power ends and is immediately back there is literally no cooldown even if you do the clocks the time that is left is so long that it shouldn't be allowed to be back so fast. Even Freddy has a mechanism where you can't go to sleep after you wake up. It's just another killer that is miserable to play against. It will only get worse the more people play him. Having to do clocks for basically no benefit and the totems builds people are using alongside that. No gens ever get done.

  • The killer is fine in terms of balance. A good A-tier killer is what the power level of a killer should be. There is clear counterplay. Even though the counterplay isnt thrilling and well liked for both sides.

    So any nerf should be accompanied with buffs.

  • As a solo-queue survivor, I have to run so many info perks that I don't have room for anything exhaustion-related.

    So, yeah. I say, go ahead and nerf SWFs with your exhaustion nerfs.

  • I said it here once and it still applies imo: There is no tangible reason to have Worldbreaker potentially running for 4 minutes, with how simple it is to get (1 or 2 hits and boom).

    Yes I know clocks exist, but even if the whole team uses them, you still have 70 seconds of Worldbreaker guaranteed, with it stopping while carrying too.

    Plus, both the clocks, and the set second phase have addons centered on them (quite strong too).

    If BHVR thinks a nerf is warranted, please just halve the timer, and halve the potency of clocks to counterbalance.

  • I still think he could use minor adjustments to either holding his power indefinitely OR slightly longer cooldown to reduce the ability spam.

    He could use the partial basekit add on treatment with the roller blade add on that helps him make up distance after gopher mode. Maybe give him 10% haste basekit and make the add on an additional 10%.

    The exhaustion add on is pure cheese in its current form. Im up to prestige 23 on Henry and refuse to use it. It should have a much smaller exhaustion duration like 10 seconds OR require you to actually hit the survivor with the explosion to activate it.

  • @Valuetown said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/463847/is-the-first-op

    If the dev team's official "counterplay" to the killer is "run sprint burst and prerun," yes the killer is OP lol

    Pretty sure those were just tips for versing Vecna. The counterplay is and has been running unpredictably, and dodging his vine attacks. With the occasional holding w if you have enough distance to him and breaking line of sight when possible.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4054877#Comment_4054877

    Pretty sure those were just tips for versing Vecna. The counterplay is and has been running unpredictably, and dodging his vine attacks. With the occasional holding w if you have enough distance to him and breaking line of sight when possible.

    Tips are literally counterplay. Also while running unpredictably is correct, having to waste extreme amounts of distance while he can hold w in a straight line losing minimal amounts of speed is not the best form of gameplay.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4054332#Comment_4054332

    By "clear counterplay" you mean "just don't be found" and "guess better"?

    No, he meant you need to actually be good a guessing distance, where a player position could be behind a wall, and knowing how his anti hook debuff works.

1 2 ›