Bring back old Distortion (or buff current one)

Main complaint with old Distortion was people hiding doing nothing but with new Crows system they can't do that anymore. So this perk needs to be usable again old version wasn't even that strong or meta to begin with. With amount of aura readings especially when used by some killers it become annoying, with Vecna it's even more prominent people just stack auras constantly see you for 5-10 seconds and spam ability which kills all the mindgames…
Or keep it chase oriented but buff it, something like this

You start with 3-5 tokens instead of 1
Distortion gives you token for every 8-10 seconds of chase instead of 15
Max amount of tokens you can hold is 5 instead of 2

Tagged: PerksSurvivors

Comments

  • I wouldn't mind Distortion being reverted back to how it was.

    I remember seeing a suggestion someone had where the perk would only activate if you were doing a conspicuous action, running, or being chased.

    That way, the perk wouldn't protect people who are just standing around waiting for hatch.

  • I really hope they buff it, it is useless in its current state. What makes it worse is all the vecnas have aura perks and hit you with their abillity for free without any counterplay. Additionally it is one of the gamble perks that potentially do nothing when the killer brings no aura perk, but it is in no world strong enough at countering auras to be worth the risk of it doing nothing.

  • I feel people getting mad at distortion was unjustified coz it was just the clearly oppressed mobility killers who are so hard done to.

    It was a necessary evil

  • Distortion really isn't in that bad of a spot right now, but I do think it could fairly be buffed a little bit.

    Honestly, I think if all they changed was having you start with both tokens instead of just one, that'd basically do it. Still a strong and useful anti-aura tool both for blocking auras and for telling you what the killer has, without being effectively a perfect hard counter that shuts off aura reading entirely like it was before, and the extra token at the start helps against Lethal builds + just makes the perk a bit more accessible.

    This is more of a personal thing but I'd honestly rather see more anti-aura tools, alongside buffs to the actually bad ones like Sole Survivor. Eleven came with one and that's great, there's room for more like that.