Dbd need a non-humanoid killer

Every killer is a human or a humanoid killer. Humans aren't the only horror creatures. A spider for example is a creature used in horror plenty of times.

Comments

  • Dredge would disagree on the humanoid term and Unknown is not humanoid but takes humanoid appearance only because its a mimic.

  • Why do we keep going back to a “spider” there are way scarier monsters to choose from. I want something just as creative as The dredge.

  • But it’s just easier to animate something that walks on two legs.

  • Asking for a spider is practically a meme at this point.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    Why do we keep going back to a “spider” there are way scarier monsters to choose from. I want something just as creative as The dredge.

    i think cause it’s cool seeing a giant spider and being able to control and play as it seems fun

    Imagine the giant spider from resident evil but you can play as it

  • While I agree in concept, imagine the hitbox issues with what is, apparently, the absolute spaghetti code of DBD. Twins still gets broken every update and houndmaster's dog, while better, can't go a full game without at least bugging once. How would flashlights work when the thing has eyes on the side of its head? Or a hundred eyes spread further apart? How do you fit something with four legs into a standard hitbox, or do you increase the hitbox and try to deal with all the issues that creates? It would be a mess that these devs aren't capable of dealing with tbh.

  • Given how common and severe arachnophobia is it's probably not a good idea, and would also not make financial sense. I'm not even that badly phobic but a realistic giant spider in the game would be very offputting to say the least. I know people with emetophobia basically can't play against Plague for that kind of reason. And before someone says 'bUt It'S a HoRrOr GaMe!!1' that's not a good reason to arbitrarily make the game suck for people with accessibility issues.

  • Considering every game that implement spiders these days always has to have an Arachnophobia mode, I can't wait to see what DbD would have to implement :P

    Edit: That said, I'd be all for a bipedal lizard killer, could be some scary acid spitting swamp monster or some such.

  • @Wiccamanplays said:

    Given how common and severe arachnophobia is it's probably not a good idea, and would also not make financial sense. I'm not even that badly phobic but a realistic giant spider in the game would be very offputting to say the least. I know people with emetophobia basically can't play against Plague for that kind of reason. And before someone says 'bUt It'S a HoRrOr GaMe!!1' that's not a good reason to arbitrarily make the game suck for people with accessibility issues.

    Some people have Coulrophobia but the clown is still in the game

    Some people have Emetophobia but plague can still puke

    some people have cynophobia but houndmaster has a dog and drac can go into wolf form

    some people have hemophobia but we still have blood in the game

    some people have homophobia but david is still in the game. /s

    how far do we want to go removing stuff from the game or not adding it due to fears majority of people don't have.

  • ww1.JPG

    Werewolf would be nice.

    Should run on all fours of course.

  • @ topic I would love a killer that is not a humanoid and stands on two legs.

    Dredge is a great design for a non humanoid killer , would also love a canine killer (think sorta like cujo from Steven king vibes)

  • I need Jaws. I want Jaws. I DONT CARE if he's restricted to 1 level only. I want Jaws.

    just think, how many people play Artist? or Hag? Or Krasue? surely Jaws can't be a waste of effort to make for one map seeing as we have a plethora of killers people can't be bothered to play as it is.

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    I need Jaws. I want Jaws. I DONT CARE if he's restricted to 1 level only. I want Jaws.

    just think, how many people play Artist? or Hag? Or Krasue? surely Jaws can't be a waste of effort to make for one map seeing as we have a plethora of killers people can't be bothered to play as it is.

    If the entity says you can swim through the ground, you can swim through the ground. Would work on every map. Its kinda the mobility of Vecna 2.

  • robert-rose-hydrapreview.jpg

    Lots of ideas for non humanoid things, prettymuch just something without 2 legs lol. This is a hydralisk from starcraft

    Its head opens up to shoot barbs (bone like spikes) and can burrow into the ground

  • We could have a Medusa. Krasue already moves like a fast snake.

    grafik.png
  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    Why do we keep going back to a “spider” there are way scarier monsters to choose from. I want something just as creative as The dredge.

    Realistically the spider is the safe bet we ain't expecting Jaws or the Blob to be a killer

  • @Marc_123 said:

    We could have a Medusa. Krasue already moves like a fast snake.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LGNWJ048HIF2/grafik.png

    Realistically could work and if The Medusa became a killer would love to be a snake lady that turns survivors to stone.

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    I need Jaws. I want Jaws. I DONT CARE if he's restricted to 1 level only. I want Jaws.

    just think, how many people play Artist? or Hag? Or Krasue? surely Jaws can't be a waste of effort to make for one map seeing as we have a plethora of killers people can't be bothered to play as it is.

    Perfect time to show the Jaws DBD killer concept video

    https://youtu.be/rvahsUEfoHU?si=fEDhZ--1Y11HaNqr
  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4048202#Comment_4048202

    i think cause it’s cool seeing a giant spider and being able to control and play as it seems fun

    Imagine the giant spider from resident evil but you can play as it

    If anyone remembers last year the game it had a giant spider killer as spider killer for dbd is very possible I believe

    https://youtube.com/shorts/NHCtMEbEDck?si=cb8YzkafzU2nBLwk

  • @Marc_123 said:

    We could have a Medusa. Krasue already moves like a fast snake.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LGNWJ048HIF2/grafik.png

    Medusa would be dope. I would love mythological chapter.

  • @RockPaperHook said:

    Every killer is a human or a humanoid killer. Humans aren't the only horror creatures. A spider for example is a creature used in horror plenty of times.

    Dredge, xeno, chucky....

  • @RockPaperHook said:

    Every killer is a human or a humanoid killer. Humans aren't the only horror creatures. A spider for example is a creature used in horror plenty of times.

    edit: (nvm i thought this was a survivor post)

  • Dredge fair enough is debatable

    Xeno still qualifies as humanoid

    Chucky being short doesn't make him non humanoid xD