I don't get it. Samination is sooooo unfunny. Goes for the most obvious all the time. Not drawn well either (I know it's not supposed to be Ghibli level artistic, but should be more creative.) Just an opinion, obviously.
@George_Soros said:
I don't get it. Samination is sooooo unfunny. Goes for the most obvious all the time. Not drawn well either (I know it's not supposed to be Ghibli level artistic, but should be more creative.)
Just an opinion, obviously.
Well, haha, animation is actually really complicated so simple drawings are actually better/easier to work with. I took animation classes in college & we were basically taught that in the name of efficiency that you have to make characters out of simple shapes--so with the animation process in mind, his drawings are not actually that bad. Like, do keep in mind that in order to make a character speak, you have to draw out all the different variations of the character's facial movements, it looks like this:
@George_Soros said:
I don't get it. Samination is sooooo unfunny. Goes for the most obvious all the time. Not drawn well either (I know it's not supposed to be Ghibli level artistic, but should be more creative.)
Just an opinion, obviously.
Well, haha, animation is actually really complicated so simple drawings are actually better/easier to work with. I took animation classes in college & we were basically taught that in the name of efficiency that you have to make characters out of simple shapes--so with the animation process in mind, his drawings are not actually that bad. Like, do keep in mind that in order to make a character speak, you have to draw out all the different variations of the character's facial movements, it looks like this:
So, it's not really bad art. It's just not your style, and that's fine.
Oh yeah I get that, that's secondary (Family Guy is drawn in a horribly ugly way, and it's still quite funny at times). I was mostly saying the jokes are terribly lame and, umm, what's the opposite of creative? Whatever, that. But well, I guess it's pointless being grumpy about it. If you guys like it, enjoy!
@George_Soros said:
Oh yeah I get that, that's secondary (Family Guy is drawn in a horribly ugly way, and it's still quite funny at times). I was mostly saying the jokes are terribly lame and, umm, what's the opposite of creative? Whatever, that.
But well, I guess it's pointless being grumpy about it. If you guys like it, enjoy!
Oh yeah, THAT is a valid criticism. Like, I super disagree about Family Guy being funny because I love adult cartoon humor and that's like the lowest of the low brow humor, but I think there's valid criticism in that Samination just kind of repeats jokes that the rest of the dbd community is already making.
I'm okay with constructive criticism and all, but this just feels personal. Also, of course my jokes are going to mirror the community as we are playing the same game. I come up with most of my skits from just playing and then talking scenarios out with friends. I'm very proud of the animations.
If you dislike it that's fine, but I don't see why you must ran on others parade. Just move on?
The series was started as a one-off from my year long (maybe more) experience with the game. I loved it to death and decided to make a little animation about it. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect anyone to watch it yet alone the makers of the game showcase it on their twitch stream. Even with this new one M.Cote tweeted about it. This just blows my mind. They appreciate it and the millions of people that have watched it have also enjoyed it. It's been a lot of fun and for once I'm not bored with making a series like this. I'm in awe of people that want to see more and all the great comments the videos receive. It's a very positive thing in my life and I'm very happy that I can do it.
Oh yeah, THAT is a valid criticism. Like, I super disagree about Family Guy being funny because I love adult cartoon humor and that's like the lowest of the low brow humor
I'm okay with constructive criticism and all, but this just feels personal. Also, of course my jokes are going to mirror the community as we are playing the same game. I come up with most of my skits from just playing and then talking scenarios out with friends. I'm very proud of the animations.
If you dislike it that's fine, but I don't see why you must ran on others parade. Just move on?
The series was started as a one-off from my year long (maybe more) experience with the game. I loved it to death and decided to make a little animation about it. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect anyone to watch it yet alone the makers of the game showcase it on their twitch stream. Even with this new one M.Cote tweeted about it. This just blows my mind. They appreciate it and the millions of people that have watched it have also enjoyed it. It's been a lot of fun and for once I'm not bored with making a series like this. I'm in awe of people that want to see more and all the great comments the videos receive. It's a very positive thing in my life and I'm very happy that I can do it.
I'm okay with constructive criticism and all, but this just feels personal. Also, of course my jokes are going to mirror the community as we are playing the same game. I come up with most of my skits from just playing and then talking scenarios out with friends. I'm very proud of the animations.
If you dislike it that's fine, but I don't see why you must ran on others parade. Just move on?
The series was started as a one-off from my year long (maybe more) experience with the game. I loved it to death and decided to make a little animation about it. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect anyone to watch it yet alone the makers of the game showcase it on their twitch stream. Even with this new one M.Cote tweeted about it. This just blows my mind. They appreciate it and the millions of people that have watched it have also enjoyed it. It's been a lot of fun and for once I'm not bored with making a series like this. I'm in awe of people that want to see more and all the great comments the videos receive. It's a very positive thing in my life and I'm very happy that I can do it.
I actually enjoy the videos & share them with people all the time. I'm just saying that I can understand where @George_Soros is coming from when he says that he doesn't find them funny. Personally, I don't mind that they're community jokes. No one else is taking the time to make fun animations with them & doing them in an easily quotable way.
Plus, I know I can never personally finish any of the animations that I start because animation is an arduous process, so I have lots of respect for your work.
Alright, I appreciate that. I just wanted to clarify that I don't scower the community for jokes in my videos. I'm an avid player since release and this all originated from my own experiences. And continue to do so. I'm just happy people actually enjoy them.
@samination said:
Alright, I appreciate that. I just wanted to clarify that I don't scower the community for jokes in my videos. I'm an avid player since release and this all originated from my own experiences. And continue to do so. I'm just happy people actually enjoy them.
@samination said:
Alright, I appreciate that. I just wanted to clarify that I don't scower the community for jokes in my videos. I'm an avid player since release and this all originated from my own experiences. And continue to do so. I'm just happy people actually enjoy them.
Thanks for making them!! Iโm always excited when I see a new one.
@George_Soros said:
Oh yeah I get that, that's secondary (Family Guy is drawn in a horribly ugly way, and it's still quite funny at times). I was mostly saying the jokes are terribly lame and, umm, what's the opposite of creative? Whatever, that.
But well, I guess it's pointless being grumpy about it. If you guys like it, enjoy!
Oh yeah, THAT is a valid criticism. Like, I super disagree about Family Guy being funny because I love adult cartoon humor and that's like the lowest of the low brow humor, but I think there's valid criticism in that Samination just kind of repeats jokes that the rest of the dbd community is already making.
That's pretty much the point of his parodies though. Why should they be disconnected from the community if they are intended for the community?
@samination said:
Alright, I appreciate that. I just wanted to clarify that I don't scower the community for jokes in my videos. I'm an avid player since release and this all originated from my own experiences. And continue to do so. I'm just happy people actually enjoy them.
@samination said:
Alright, I appreciate that. I just wanted to clarify that I don't scower the community for jokes in my videos. I'm an avid player since release and this all originated from my own experiences. And continue to do so. I'm just happy people actually enjoy them.
Totally, keep it up! & I think too, my original post missed that there's also a pretty huge possibility that with the popularity of the videos, they influence the community's sense of humor/in-jokes, too.
That's pretty much the point of his parodies though. Why should they be disconnected from the community if they are intended for the community?
Yeah, don't worry, I'm not disagreeing. I can see how it would SEEM like I'm being a jerk, but that wasn't my intention! I was definitely defending the videos while acknowledging that someone might have a different opinion. I think I was being TOO understanding, though, and things got a bit muddled.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yeah, I've already seen it but I love it. The Legion was described perfectly lol. Great job @samination
I like it, but the only issue I had was the legion part(watched till the end tho)
stopthelegionhate
Just an opinion, obviously.
Yea, Frank!
I just hate that you can only use one Legion at a time. Seriously there was so much potential.
Well, haha, animation is actually really complicated so simple drawings are actually better/easier to work with. I took animation classes in college & we were basically taught that in the name of efficiency that you have to make characters out of simple shapes--so with the animation process in mind, his drawings are not actually that bad. Like, do keep in mind that in order to make a character speak, you have to draw out all the different variations of the character's facial movements, it looks like this:
https://lesterbanks.com/lxb_metal/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/CH2AE-Viseme-to-after-effects-400x190.jpg
http://img13.deviantart.net/b130/i/2004/351/b/2/lip_sync_sheet_example__by_rubbaninja.jpg
So, it's not really bad art. It's just not your style, and that's fine.
they perfectly portrayed swf
BUTT DANCING IN PROGRESS, I REPEAT, BUTT DANCING IN PROGRESS = gold.
But well, I guess it's pointless being grumpy about it. If you guys like it, enjoy!
i cant get enough of those animations
Oh yeah, THAT is a valid criticism. Like, I super disagree about Family Guy being funny because I love adult cartoon humor and that's like the lowest of the low brow humor, but I think there's valid criticism in that Samination just kind of repeats jokes that the rest of the dbd community is already making.
@George_Soros and @mintchapstick
I'm okay with constructive criticism and all, but this just feels personal. Also, of course my jokes are going to mirror the community as we are playing the same game. I come up with most of my skits from just playing and then talking scenarios out with friends. I'm very proud of the animations.
If you dislike it that's fine, but I don't see why you must ran on others parade. Just move on?
The series was started as a one-off from my year long (maybe more) experience with the game. I loved it to death and decided to make a little animation about it. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect anyone to watch it yet alone the makers of the game showcase it on their twitch stream. Even with this new one M.Cote tweeted about it. This just blows my mind. They appreciate it and the millions of people that have watched it have also enjoyed it. It's been a lot of fun and for once I'm not bored with making a series like this. I'm in awe of people that want to see more and all the great comments the videos receive. It's a very positive thing in my life and I'm very happy that I can do it.
I actually enjoy the videos & share them with people all the time. I'm just saying that I can understand where @George_Soros is coming from when he says that he doesn't find them funny. Personally, I don't mind that they're community jokes. No one else is taking the time to make fun animations with them & doing them in an easily quotable way.
Plus, I know I can never personally finish any of the animations that I start because animation is an arduous process, so I have lots of respect for your work.
keep doing them man they never get old
Thanks for making them!! Iโm always excited when I see a new one.
The SWF made me lough out loud! I find myself rewatching it because it is just so great!
That's pretty much the point of his parodies though. Why should they be disconnected from the community if they are intended for the community?
Hype.
Keep on going, these are great! :chuffed:
Totally, keep it up! & I think too, my original post missed that there's also a pretty huge possibility that with the popularity of the videos, they influence the community's sense of humor/in-jokes, too.
@DocOctober said:
Yeah, don't worry, I'm not disagreeing. I can see how it would SEEM like I'm being a jerk, but that wasn't my intention! I was definitely defending the videos while acknowledging that someone might have a different opinion. I think I was being TOO understanding, though, and things got a bit muddled.