I think it would be fair if survivors see the name of the host
First of all I am not saying survivors should see who the killer is just asking to see the name of the player. Killers can see all 4 survivors name and look into their profile and sometimes decide not to play with them. If that continues I had to ask why survivors can’t see the name of the host. Of course the name can be changed yet it could give you information that you need sometimes.
For example today I had 3 matches with the same lag switching player. If I had known the name at the beginning I wouldn’t end up with same frustration of filling additional player reports over and over again.
Now I am reluctant to join a lobby cause I just don’t want to fly around the map and find myself on the hook again.
For example today I had 3 matches with the same lag switching player. If I had known the name at the beginning I wouldn’t end up with same frustration of filling additional player reports over and over again.
Now I am reluctant to join a lobby cause I just don’t want to fly around the map and find myself on the hook again.
Comments
Of course you forgot to mention that these kind of features already existed, and was obviously abused to oblivion, hence why the Devs intervention (after months of ignoring it the problems as usual, so much that it became a matchmaking problem) by removing it of whitelist.
The "Blocked/Loved" feature for example.
At the time MLGA became a problem, peoples using it were already talking about much specific category (camper,etc...) to add.
I think it's also one of the reason devs suddenly reacted.
Normal thing, it was already causing problem but the mass of entitled childrens were still working and debating which new "class" should have the priority to be added : camper or toxic tunneller ? LUL
https://github.com/PsiLupan/MakeLobbiesGreatAgain
Everything is there, nothing better than the source for everyone to make an opinion.
I still remember the creator's entitled rant when it was removed from whitelist.
The salt was real... and tasty.
My second comment in this thread says
"of course people blocked for things like that but the rest of the comment is BS."
I never dismissed that there was a blocked list, but this whole "survivor sharing master lists of awful killers" is complete hyperbole.
Again, nothing you've posted has any evidence, just you saying someone said this and someone did that.
I can't find a single link to a master list, let alone it ever being mentioned.
But heck, STILL waiting for all the evidence of me lying.
They just need to remove survivor names and the ability to see the profile, they removed survivors being able to do it for absusing dodging so I do not see why its right to leave it so the other side can do the same.
Anyone who believe's survivors shouldn't be able to dodge for things within the games parameters just because they dont agree with them should welcome the idea.
The killer should be able to see survivors with items so they can setup to play versus them, they do need to also work on being able to dodge for items and at the same time remove being able to last second switch as they go hand in hand.
Already answered, nearly all of your post.
^
This one to begin with.
The reason i'm here.
It's been quite the time that i see Tsulan being harassed by some known regulars of this forum.
The prize of being one of the last killer still here i guess.
I respect a lot his patience tho.
Scouting but even easier
How is that a flat out lie by the way?
He literally hasn't proven what he's said to be true and even has you holding his hand and neither of you have proved there was a master list being shared.
Because you know that what he say is true most of the time (like in that case) but here you are, in nearly every threads he posted on, using ad hominem and usual toxic survivor's fallacy in a desperate attempt to discredit him.
We both know it, that's really not the first time you and the usual others peoples are doing it, i'm just pointing out.
Knowing the fact that his posts seems still quite listened to, despite you acting that way, is delicious.
https://github.com/PsiLupan/MakeLobbiesGreatAgain
"MakeLobbiesGreatAgain uses a packet capture library to detect STUN packets from any peer-to-peer connection, in order to determine who you're connected to and get ping from."
...
"Optional Features:
Ok, now I know you have to be trolling.
I know there's a block feature, but where this master list thats being shared between players.
There is no "ad hominem". the entire conversation is the fact that Tsulan likes to make up things and hopes no one checks it out.
Guess what, there's no master block list being shared between anyone, that would have been incredibly nefarious but of course Tsulan has to pretend there is one to continue his crusade against survivors.
You keep mentioning this block feature that you know... I've already acknowledged in two comments in this thread but you bring it up again OMEGALUL.
Also, how is it that whenever i ask for proof, I come across a huge defensive post saying they don't need to, but when I'm asked for it I provide it without hesitation... seems weird that some people have no issue providing proof while others like to dismiss the need for it.
Smart people
"MakeLobbiesGreatAgain uses a packet capture library to detect STUN packets from any peer-to-peer connection, in order to determine who you're connected to and get ping from."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STUN
"STUN is a tool used by other protocols, such as Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE), the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), or WebRTC. It provides a tool for hosts to discover the presence of a network address translator, and to discover the mapped, usually public, Internet Protocol (IP) address and port number that the NAT has allocated for the application's User Datagram Protocol (UDP) flows to remote hosts. The protocol requires assistance from a third-party network server (STUN server) located on the opposing (public) side of the NAT, usually the public Internet. "
Looks like you can't figure it by yourself by reading it alone.
and it's very clear you don't understand anything about this, lmao.
Tell me how this was creating a database that was being shared between players to create master block lists that were creating 45+ minute queues, lmao.
Is that all you have to come back with ?
Is that been that much time you didn't faced any opposition that you are already that tired ?
Looks like.
You literally linked a wiki page and was like "but dis". That proves nothing, I can't find a single discussion anywhere from anyone about master lists and blocking players and sharing that list, not a single conversation
But it's ok, you have a wiki page LUL
I mean, when dedicated servers killer won't be the host.
Odds are killer's name will still be hidden though.
I agree
Everything else was correct but since I used "shared" you call me a liar and start a fight?
Even IF it wasn't shared.
Survivors used MLGA to block killers for whatever reason they liked.
This caused long queues because everyone blacklisted Freddy.
The devs contacted the creator of MLGA and took it off the whitelist.
You act like everything was made up.
It's far worse than just using the word "shared".
MLGA shared the list. Which was supposed to track high ping, unsportsmanlike players, etc.
Then survivors dodged killers, because they were on that list. This resulted in terribly long queues for both sides as no one could play.
With this comment you accuse MLGA creator of making a master list, and sharing it across survivors to so they didn't have to do much work and could dodge people based on others recommendations.
That's a pretty heavy accusation on survivors especially for something that isn't true.
"This resulted in terribly long queues for both sides" When did it? another false statement that has no proof other than your speculation lobbies have always been weird, especially around events, but to make up your own statement and say it was due to MLGA is ridiculous.
Pretty much no one stopped using MLGA that was using it and we still have queue issues, there is no correlation.
Where I accuse the creator of MLGA directly?
[MLGA shared the list]. Which was supposed to track high ping, unsportsmanlike players, etc.
[Then survivors dodged killers, because they were on that list.] This resulted in terribly long queues for both sides as no one could play.
I've used square brackets to mark it.
"MLGA Shared That List" & "Then survivors dodged killers, because they were on that list"
incase you missed the brackets.
You don't use the word "master list" but I just used it to simply what you were saying.
You basically say MLGA had a list that they shared, and then players would dodge based on "that list". Only conclusion I can come to is you're saying MLGA had a master list they shared so players would find it easier to dodge.
There's also this comment "Yes people bragged about it on the steam forum and about the shared lists."
Shared List/Master List - It's the same thing, implying survivors would share blocked lists to save others the hassle.
Because you deny it now ?
What am I denying?
Dude, are you actually sure you know how to read? I'm not denying anything lmfao.
Jeez. Are you watching me? My P3-50 Squadette Ops SWF Team is ready:
-> all DS, 2 x Unbreakable, 2 x Borrowed Time, SC, SB/DH
-> 2 x purple Flashlights with Green Battery + Low Amp Fillament, 2 x Instea Heals
-> 4 x increased hook spawn distance Offerings
-> Condenser Microphones for maximum quality voice coms to broadcast Killer and Hex Totem locations to the team mates in realtime, plan diversions and rescue missions, and orchestrate synchronised Exit-Gate T-Baggings.
WE ARE STANDING BY, WAITING FOR DEDICATED SERVERS.
gg ez
But you call me a liar and put words into my mouth because of your conclusions. Which are your opinion and no facts.
I think you derailed this enough with your rant.
How about we stop this before a mod shuts this down.
What do you mean?
Oh I understand now, This is very true and I was confused! I will admit that I am sick of lobby dodgers however I do think it will be used to dodge killers people do not like.
Instead of all this they should just put an avoid option at the end so people do not match with who they do not like.
How is
""MLGA Shared That List" & "Then survivors dodged killers, because they were on that list""
not accusing MLGA? You literally said that survivors were dodging games based on "that list" referring to a list MLGA Shared?
Which is exactly what happens now if you mirror the problem:
Don't like the Survivors main? Dodge. Don't like losing to a certain player? Dodge.
Killers shouldn't see Survivors names, Survivors shouldn't see Killers names. Neither have any reason to know this other than to dodge matches.
The difference is that when survivors were dodging, queues were impossibly long for both sides. Right now, queues are long for survivors because there aren't many people playing killer.
Just a heads up to people so to not make this scenario something it's not.
And how do you explain survivor queues having become longer over the past several months? The event was just the last straw, nothing more.
Queues for me are long iregardless (rank 1 survivor and rank 4 killer atm. plus the event going on and me being in nz, Queue times are always abysmal). people shouldn't dodge lobbies. though being paired with anything higher then a set ping should be an option. however you shouldn't really be able to dodge
*regardless, and it's no surprise that someone living in a relatively remote region has long queues.
Thats what im saying? im countering the original point that survivors should be able to dodge killers, because imo nobody should be able to dodge. sure let us have ping restrictions so we get good matches at the expense of longer lobbies but we shouldn't be able to dodge
Most of the recent survivor ones have mainly been on PS4 where there was a nat problem being discussed.
Just about any of us can reach rank 1 at will. That is not hard to do. I met a 10 year old , who should not be playing this game, who is a rank 1 killer with 5 p3 killers. Skill has Jack to do with it. Tyde is a joke when compared to the others you mentioned and that is all there is to it. Now, back to the topic at hand.
Seeing profiles is pointless and only lends to griefing. Even survivor profiles. If anyone cared about reputation in this game then most of the toxic behavior would be bannable. It is not, so forget about it.
When you can prove that you can duplicate what he does then you can state things as a matter of fact and have them taken seriously. Until then, no.