Lobby dodge is disgusting
There seems to be an epidemic of lobby dodging, I sometimes get lobby dodged 10+ times in a row, different survivor characters as well. These Idiot killer players will dodge 1 survivor with P3 head, or 1 survivor with a flashlight, I only play solo que and I'm always at red rank, I play both killer and survivor and the only thing I would lobby dodge as a killer is a 4 man SWF with 4 P3s 4 Items (key, map,whatever else). I don't understand how people find games if they dodge just about anything. There needs to be some kind of punishment for excess lobby dodge
Comments
As a survivor no way in hell am I going to join a Killers lobby with more than 300ms latency. I reserve the right to dodge the krap out'o that mofo.
Thought it was funny when I equipped my Dull Key and the lobby instantly disintegrates as the Killer dodges their own lobby.
Yeah I'm afraid to grab anyone early on because they just pop out right away. I also see a significant increase in what I believe are de-rankers, people who AFK through two hits, don't crawl, but hit their DS. Really? And they immediately attempt escape from hook and won't struggle, leaving the game instantly. I know you want faster queues but your teammates hate being left with 5 gens for 3 people.
What a very typical male thing to say *rolls eyes* Not everyone who plays has a sack sweetheart, but please flex that machismo more here, 💋
Lobby dodging is the result of many bad experiences.
You should've thought about such consequences before you bullied those poor Killers.
You don't have to use one extreme to justify another.
Yes, dodging just because of cosmetics or 1-2 items is ridiculous but that doesn't mean 100% of the dodges are "unjustified".
I'd assume people appreciate when there's finally a Killer that doesn't dodge them but instead it feels like they stacked up all their anger from the previous dodges and let it out on me, someone that's finally willing to deal with them.
Makes no sense to me, but happens way too often.
Dude, you gotta stop with the emojis and the sweethearts and purposely taking colloquialisms at face value. One female gamer to another: you're making us look terrible right now & you're personifying all the bad ######### guys say about us. Stop taking us back like ten steps because you want to be condescending.
This is true though, I know someone called it as being bullshit, but it's honestly why I sometimes get into a loop of lobby dodging. Sometimes I'll see a bright haired Nea, or a beautiful, flowing haired, scarf-wearing Jake, and I'll dodge because I can't help but remember all the bright haired Neas before her that did me wrong.
Also flashlights. I get like killer main PTSD when I see them in my lobby. Like, 'I can't do this... not again.' Then when I talk myself into flashlights or bright haired Neas not being that bad, I load into the game and there's a bright haired Nea flashlight clicking and teabagging after dropping a pallet.
Pick a weak killer, watch the survivor tbag freely while completely safe behind a pallet, run around the pallets for 5 minutes, dont bother bringing spirit fury or bamboozle because those perks are toxic, then be kind enough to watch the survivor tbag at the exit gate and dont forget to give a "thank you sir" at the end when you're told to die of cancer.
It's all about the survivors fun, remember that.
That level of ownage, both to the people in game and to the person that tried to dismiss your point, was completely uncalled for and a flagrant foul. Frankly it was abusive. You should almost feel bad.
It's funny cause I dodge more lobbies as a survivor than I do as a Killer. If my team doesn't talk at all in lobby, I'm out. If I notice I'm with squadettes or toxic looking Nea's, I'm ######### gone. As killer, if I see 4 med-kits with toxic names then yeah imma dodge that #########. Been there, done that. However if I know they're like 2 man swf and 2 solos then ######### it I'll play, regardless of items. It won't be that bad. I finally hit rank 1 with ######### wraith of all killers. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. Sure, maybe I got lucky and got potatoes a lot. I also went through some hellish swf teams to get there. I lost quite a few matches and went through the "gg ez baby killer" many times. Just ######### type gg and leave. Who cares? It's a ######### video game. None of you realize this. It's. A. GAME. Enjoy it. Have fun. If you're not having fun, maybe play civ 6? Or Destiny 2? Hell, if you feel like being toxic go play ######### League of Legends. That's the biggest cesspool community I've ever been a part of. That will toughen your baby butts up real quick. I will still dodge some 4 man swf because I know how annoying it is for you little whiny bitches to keep rejoining the lobby and I get giggles from it. Enjoy~
No? Enjoy being dodged. Wait, ya can't. Oh well.
We don't really care you don't play that way. You speak for yourself.
We don't care if SWF was intended. How people use it to break the game wasn't. Duh.
We don't care about items being in the game, so is everything you complain about killers over, like NOED. A d dodging.
And, again, how people break the game with the items wasn't intended.
The ever popular "grow a pair" argument? Says the people defending those that break the game to make it easier.
Irony. Hypocrisy. Take your pick.
"I never dodge!" And I never gave a #########, and I'm sure many others don't. You can't prove it. We don't care either way.
"Well, I beat SWFs!" Oh, nice, you have the SWF killer loadout some of us don't have.
But in the end? You can't prove it, and we don't care.
"You aren't supposed to win all the time!" And you're not supposed to break the game to ensure that.
Most of us just want a fair game, win or lose.
Actually, even though I don't like how she had been talking down to some people, I really appreciated how she had just addressed the toxic masculinity that often seems to permeate the DBD forums. It's not just the "sackless" comment, but also rampant comments like, "grow some balls" "stop being a [female dog]" "don't be a bunch of [female body parts]." They're indeed colloqualism, but ones that come from a long history of sexism. By attempting to control people's behavior by continually emasculating them, they're also normalizing that idea that "being a man" is better than "being a woman" or "being like a woman." It's just not necessary, and it is a pathetic effort to curve human behavior that doesn't even work most of the time. Instead, the only thing it does do is continuing to normalize that sort of language and in extension, the idea.
I do sympathize with the other part of your post though. Hopefully you'll face more opponents with some human decency that would offset some of your fears.
Oh yeah, no, I totally agree with you 100% and I think that's a really great conversation to have? We SHOULD have that conversation, it's one of the many reasons why the DBD community is toxic. But her method of dismissing what someone is saying because of the way that they're communicating it by flaunting that she's a GIRL and peppering all her posts with SWEETHEART and SWEETIE and kissie marks is what's the issue.
It's annoying, because I even agree with the argument that she's making. I'm very squarely on the side of killers being allowed to lobby dodge, but she's doing it in such an embarrassing way that it's just so cringey, and it's hurting more than helping.
Killers cant kick someone out of their lobby, so they have to ddoge all 4 survivors
Voice chat isn't in the game. Or any chat really during a trial.
If SWF were strictly only using what is in the game, killers might not have issue with SWF to begin with.
If the killer were to use third party programs to get an edge, it's basically a bannable offense.
The killer, as much unfun as it might be, is basically only using what's in the game.
Jokes on you, this was the case in the early days and Survivors abused the hell out of it so they removed it.
This says you think it's ok for one side to dodge as they think it's unfun but not the other, why should only one side have that option?
Any way if you are saying survivors abused it what are killers doing now? If one side abused it and now the other is doing the same should that option for killers be removed now?
It gives an immense edge to survivors, and it's not in the game.
Because one side is dodging to avoid the other side having a massive advantage that they shouldn't have.
The other is dodging because of purely ingame stuff basically.
Apples and oranges.
If Killers had the possibility to restrict SWFs from joining their lobby then yes, they can remove that option.
Most Killers dodge because they try to avoid people that use a 3rd party software to gain unintended advantages (SWF/Voice communication).
That's the main difference. Killers dodge unfair matches while Survivors dodged specific Killers.
The devs stated swf was always planned, no dev would think those playing with each other wouldn't use comms, they did underestimate how it would impact the game but that is on them not the players you dodge for using it.
No dev will think a multiplayer game where friends play together will not use comms, to think otherwise is being in denial, if they underestimated it's impact then that's on the devs so why punish the players using it?
If one side can cherry pick the other side should be able too as well plain and simple.
The game is not balanced around it.
Why do you think there are so many aura reading perks so survivors can see eachother?
It's an antisocial game. Cote said so himself.
They can't punish people that use voice chat because there's no way to detect it if people really want to use it.
It is apples and oranges because it's not the same thing to compare using outside programs to get an edge vs not using outside programs to only play with what's actually in the game.
It doesn't matter if something unbalances a game what matters is the act of dodging for something which is accepted by the people who make the game.
Of course they cant detect it but that doesn't remove the fact they knew it would be used, I also highly doubt anyone with a multiplayer game would ban for using voice chat and to think so I believe is clutching at straws.
Multiplayer games where friends play together have always had comms, it still comes down to cherry picking games for a reason you deem unfair nothing else and are simply trying to justify it.
Many things are deemed unfair in this game, a lot of things have been overlooked just like the impact of looping, just because comms isn't built into the game does not mean it wasn't thought of being used by the players, that is again clutching at straws.
Because the game is unbalanced in favor of survivors.
Denying it or not mentioning it so it fit your narrative is being disingenious.
If the developers, for some ungodly reason, underestimated the impact of sharing information on a game that heavily relies on hidden information, then that's on the devs, right? Why punish the killers by forcing them into it when they have a way of avoiding it?
If they search another lobby they lose just some seconds.
Of course it has to be accepted, but that doesnt change that its technically cheating.
Imagine if the killer used wallhacks and knew where everybody is, thats basically whats voice chat is (+ coordination but nvm)
Come to Xbox. Party system is part of the platform, I can invite all the rando's in the lobby to a party if I want. Maybe just man up and deal with it instead of complaining. Most SWF groups are really not as pro as people make them out to be. Also miscommunication is a thing, so...
I'm not really ok with it. But my answer is to have the game balnced around voice chat in trials.
How is the hard part.
Pretty sure no one would ever game again if survivors could pick who they play against unless it's some rank 15 or less that they can bully and doesn't know about SWF.
It entirely matter is if unbalanced. It thoroughly does. It's the main reason dodging happens.
If SWF didn't use chat, or the game was balanced around chat, odds are dodging would be largely over with.
Why the hell would/should killers humor unbalanced mechanics?
Dodging is accepted probably because they can't restore balance yet.
I'm not suggesting people get banned for voice chat. I am suggesting that maybe the artistic part of the game, 4 solo survivors vs a killer, is basically dead, sadly. The antisocial aspect is what charmed me into this game.
The game needs to be balanced around people using voice chat on both survivor and killer ends.
SWF abuses match making to get easier games. There's no end to the greens, purples, or even reds facing killers in their teens.
Let's not pretend that survivors are innocent in all of this.
Killers aren't angels either but they generally have to work inside the game, and it's limits.
It's a clear line between what's unfair that survivors do, and what's unfair that killers do.
Survivors use steroids.
Killers use what's given to them, and have to play better to compensate for the survivors steroid abuse.
Voice chat is not part of the game. You cannot convince me it basically is, and/or that this game is remotely balanced for it.
It's still not part of the game. You have to use outside chat sources from the game itself.
The devs accept voice chat, the devs could easily disable swf if they believe it is not meant to work that way, the devs willl not as playing with friends and voice chat go hand in hand and it would impact sales, that's the bottom line it IS part of the game third party program or not.
You want to keep cherry picking games and try to justify it nothing else, yes swf is unbalanced but it's a game and everything in it accepted should be fair game, the devs need to sort it it is not on the players to decide that and to think otherwise is just using an excuse to fit your narative.
Keep dodging though as like they did with those survivors who abused it as it was rh right thing to do the ability will be taken away from killers as well, you will then threaten to leave and say the queues will become long but in the end like all of what has been complained about in the past the game will go on and those of us that do accept the game as is flaws and all.
The decent players will continue to give feedback and the stats needed by playing each and every game helping the game become better without stamping our feet and cherry picking games pouting behind a monitor stating thats unfair.
The International Chess Federation could decide rooks now get two moves for white while retaining 1 for black but it doesn't mean the players will accept it. You/They can make any grand proclamation but you can't force people to play like that. They simply log off or DC. Once you start banning people for doing so you'll end up with even longer queues as if you had willing replacements they'd be around already.
I don't understand how you keep saying that 'voice chat' is part of the game, but 'killers choosing their own lobbies' isn't. Just as the devs forced SWF into the core game despite knowing it can be abused by voice chat, they also implemented a feature which allows killer to choose their own lobbies despite the fact that it can be used to cherry-pick. What's the problem? If you are arguing that one is 'part of the game,' so is the other.
Do you know what the true difference between SWF's 'voice chat' and killer's 'choosing his/her own lobby' is? Voice chat breaks the balance of the game, while killer choosing their own lobby attempts to correct that imbalance.
They allowed survivors to dodge lobbies but removed it as killer complained, now survivors are being dodged does that not constitute exactly the same scenario?
The lobby scenario to see survivors is so you can setup not to cherry pick but if you want that option removed by all means justify the behaviour.
It's just being hypocritical accept the game for what it is or it simply being petty about something you don't agree with nothing more.
Nerf NOED the game will die, remove pallets the game will die, nerf flashlights the game will die, each time these posts appear when a change happens someone just doesnt like and guess what! The game has grown.
Like I said, when killers close down lobbies, it's to correct the imbalance of SWF and Voice Chat. Why would the survivors need to dodge certain killers? What game imbalance are they correcting?