Killer variety dwindles as time goes on

Every new update reduces killer variety. I'm facing nothing but the sweatiest nurses, ghouls and blights. I'm not surprised.

Comments

  • @tes said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4026429#Comment_4026429

    I’m agree with this, but it doesn’t cancel the fact that we have both killer with good mobility yet still have braindead meta on survivors as well with which other non mobile killers deal with

    Ghoul was nerfed now… both his hinder timer and kidnap tech. Considering current pallet density he is just a simple yet strong killer, but still hated on some level of Nurse or Blight. Which I’ll never understand and not gonna do. And no, I’m not saying it from killer perspective, I never even bought his DLC lol because I despise his design approach. Just feel hate toward him is extremely overhyped now and the only excuse I can find is just because he is taking off the same strong and simple play from survivors and expose you in need to actually loop this killer. Which if being honest, people barely can do

    It doesn’t cancel the fact he is overtuned tho, I’m not telling this. But this level of hate he receives never stopped to amuse me. Both him and Krasue just showing what happens when you take simple and casual approach on survivors in mind for killers as well. It was a story of heavy backfire for me since their day 1st of release

    I'd be inclined to agree with you if It was just his mobility that was good cool he could be the guy that countered Shift W but the fact he still has his Scamper with Hinder having both extremely mobility and very strong anti loop is not good Krasue is fine but Ghoul is still a problem

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4024789#Comment_4024789

    No idea. I know not everyone in this forum is an upper MMR player which, according to the ancient legends, is a dark and forsaken land of all Blights and Nurses.

    Looking at my stats, my last 10 survivor matches were against these:

    • Pyramidhead
    • Dredge
    • Huntress
    • Wesker
    • Krasue
    • Pig
    • Gunslinger
    • Knight
    • Springtrap
    • Freddy

    Not a single repeat. No Nurses, Blights, or Ghouls. I never play as those three characters either.

    Statistically you face Blight and Nurse combined less than Killers face Full SWFs. (Both have around a 3% Pickrate Worldwide vs 4 Man SWFs being 11% of Matches, from the most recent Stat drop from Mid-October)

    However this doesnt take into account MMR and is just overall stats, i would assume both numbers are higher in High MMR.

    Wish the stats were more public so we had accurate statistics all the time though, would be cool.

  • @cogsturning said:

    I never see Nurse. Blights are rare. I get a pretty good mix.

    For years now, Ghostface and Michael are the most common for me. The stats always seem to agree as well.

  • @BongoBoys said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4026433#Comment_4026433

    I'd be inclined to agree with you if It was just his mobility that was good cool he could be the guy that countered Shift W but the fact he still has his Scamper with Hinder having both extremely mobility and very strong anti loop is not good Krasue is fine but Ghoul is still a problem

    being unable to counter his current scamper… is like complaining on current scamper from Krasue.

    They fixed bug with prolonged hinder. You literally can loop him now most of the times

  • @tes said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4026445#Comment_4026445

    being unable to counter his current scamper… is like complaining on current scamper from Krasue.

    They fixed bug with prolonged hinder. You literally can loop him now most of the times

    Said scamper is also no different to Legion's ability to vault pallets while in their power. So to complain about what BHVR admitted to the power as designed, but in an unintended way, just feels like complaining for the sake of complaining, especially after it's been reduced, if not outright removed.

  • I wish the tracker showed us our most faced killers, would help

  • @tes said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4026429#Comment_4026429

    I’m agree with this, but it doesn’t cancel the fact that we have both killer with good mobility yet still have braindead meta on survivors as well with which other non mobile killers deal with

    Ghoul was nerfed now… both his hinder timer and kidnap tech. Considering current pallet density he is just a simple yet strong killer, but still hated on some level of Nurse or Blight. Which I’ll never understand and not gonna do. And no, I’m not saying it from killer perspective, I never even bought his DLC lol because I despise his design approach. Just feel hate toward him is extremely overhyped now and the only excuse I can find is just because he is taking off the same strong and simple play from survivors and expose you in need to actually loop this killer. Which if being honest, people barely can do

    It doesn’t cancel the fact he is overtuned tho, I’m not telling this. But this level of hate he receives never stopped to amuse me. Both him and Krasue just showing what happens when you take simple and casual approach on survivors in mind for killers as well. It was a story of heavy backfire for me since their day 1st of release

    People are sleeping on this. They want to have a "casual no stress experience" when playing survivor but they don't consider what this does to killer design. Killers like Kaneki or Krasue before the nerfs are made to "even the playfield" between casual and veterans. A mediocre Kaneki can bet a good SWF if he has some idea of what he is doing; Krasue went to live release with so many buffs that surprised most of those who had tested her in PTB, since she was not that weak.

    I really wonder how powerful 2026 killers will be…

  • @Rickprado said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4026433#Comment_4026433

    People are sleeping on this. They want to have a "casual no stress experience" when playing survivor but they don't consider what this does to killer design. Killers like Kaneki or Krasue before the nerfs are made to "even the playfield" between casual and veterans. A mediocre Kaneki can bet a good SWF if he has some idea of what he is doing; Krasue went to live release with so many buffs that surprised most of those who had tested her in PTB, since she was not that weak.

    I really wonder how powerful 2026 killers will be…

    I don’t enjoy new killers design. Considering that I’m started to play “relatively recently” it’s ironic. The last design approach I actually enjoyed was singu, and even him became decent only after half of year of trials, yet for solo he is a sweaty bot in more cases.

    Throw tomatoes at me I don’t like Springtrap as much as some Ghoul. Not because of strength. They are just lame for me. If not some of my friends I left without DLCes of new killers.

  • @tes said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4026579#Comment_4026579

    I don’t enjoy new killers design. Considering that I’m started to play “relatively recently” it’s ironic. The last design approach I actually enjoyed was singu, and even him became decent only after half of year of trials, yet for solo he is a sweaty bot in more cases.

    Throw tomatoes at me I don’t like Springtrap as much as some Ghoul. Not because of strength. They are just lame for me. If not some of my friends I left without DLCes of new killers.

    Honestly thats like me, I havn't really liked the recent killers so I totally understand, I play Unknown is the last most recent one

  • @tes said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4026445#Comment_4026445

    being unable to counter his current scamper… is like complaining on current scamper from Krasue.

    They fixed bug with prolonged hinder. You literally can loop him now most of the times

    That is so not true Ghoul Scamper is Faster then Krasues and applys a Hinder.

    You seriously don't know what your talking about just say you want him busted bud.

  • @BongoBoys said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4026527#Comment_4026527

    That is so not true Ghoul Scamper is Faster then Krasues and applys a Hinder.

    You seriously don't know what your talking about just say you want him busted bud.

    I don’t play him and never bought him, maybe I just accept that scamper his least problematic mechanic now after several nerfs? I was more likely downed by his leap zoning rather than in loop after scamper. Like literally, I was rather downed by m1 without vault or on the way to change loop.

    But if being honest, I never had issue against scamper killers from the start. Even Krasue was manageable in this term and I rather hated her braindead dash and hitbox. I didn’t play against release scamper Chucky only… I rather struggle against dashes or killers like Doc and Dredge that affects my ears in terrible way

    In his current state, you just need to understand when you should drop pallet against ghoul. And this is only for safe pre distance predrop or when he cancel power while you camping pallet. As soon as you start to play around his scamper he is actually enjoyable to mindgame in chase. If not bugs only…

    I hate him only when he brings braindead add-ons that gives him 6 perks and use mobility for insta go for unhooked survivor. Just because I genuinely still struggle feeling pressure when being tunneled. But this is matter of time. First chases against him are actually kinda enjoyable for me

  • @tes said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4026830#Comment_4026830

    I don’t play him and never bought him, maybe I just accept that scamper his least problematic mechanic now after several nerfs? I was more likely downed by his leap zoning rather than in loop after scamper. Like literally, I was rather downed by m1 without vault or on the way to change loop.

    But if being honest, I never had issue against scamper killers from the start. Even Krasue was manageable in this term and I rather hated her braindead dash and hitbox. I didn’t play against release scamper Chucky only… I rather struggle against dashes or killers like Doc and Dredge that affects my ears in terrible way

    In his current state, you just need to understand when you should drop pallet against ghoul. And this is only for safe pre distance predrop or when he cancel power while you camping pallet. As soon as you start to play around his scamper he is actually enjoyable to mindgame in chase. If not bugs only…

    I hate him only when he brings braindead add-ons that gives him 6 perks and use mobility for insta go for unhooked survivor. Just because I genuinely still struggle feeling pressure when being tunneled. But this is matter of time. First chases against him are actually kinda enjoyable for me

    Right thanks for admitting you don't play or bought him to know what your talking about. Just because he's enjoyable for you doesn't mean he is for the vast majority.

    Ghoul you admit is a problematic killer that needs to be adjusted and tuned more especially his Scamper

  • @BongoBoys said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4026842#Comment_4026842

    Right thanks for admitting you don't play or bought him to know what your talking about. Just because he's enjoyable for you doesn't mean he is for the vast majority.

    Ghoul you admit is a problematic killer that needs to be adjusted and tuned more especially his Scamper

    They said

    1 hate when they use certain addona

    2 hate when ghoul uses their power to tunnel

    This entire time they have been defending his scamper

    I played a few ghoul matches, and i can say his scamper isnt as busted as you say?

    I can understand disliking their scamper, but apparently every single scamper power is to much too? I've seen people saying WESKER and Legions scampers have to go too?

  • @Dokta_Carter said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4026844#Comment_4026844

    They said

    1 hate when they use certain addona

    2 hate when ghoul uses their power to tunnel

    This entire time they have been defending his scamper

    I played a few ghoul matches, and i can say his scamper isnt as busted as you say?

    I can understand disliking their scamper, but apparently every single scamper power is to much too? I've seen people saying WESKER and Legions scampers have to go too?

    Exactly that! Ghoul's powered vault is no different to Legion' or Wesker's powered vaults (And Victor to a degree as he can leap over palltes). But suddenly it's an issue only for Ghoul and Chuckey? All because survivors lose their precious frames from their vaulting perks, because the killers have built-in antiloop.

    Seriously, it's like four killers who can vault pallets while their power is up. It's quite literally a nothing burger, compared to the killers who can hit survivors over pallets and short walls, aka Artist, Trickster, Huntress, Xeno, Slinger, Doctor, Unknown, Karasu, Springtrap, Vecna, Singularity, Nemmy, Dracula, Pyramid Head, Pinhead, Plague, Clown and Nurse.

    So in comparison to other killers, with frankly more BS mechanics, killers being able to vault in power or having a powered vault as part of antiloop is the least problematic thing about them as a whole.

  • @BrightWolf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4026878#Comment_4026878

    Exactly that! Ghoul's powered vault is no different to Legion' or Wesker's powered vaults (And Victor to a degree as he can leap over palltes). But suddenly it's an issue only for Ghoul and Chuckey? All because survivors lose their precious frames from their vaulting perks, because the killers have built-in antiloop.

    Seriously, it's like four killers who can vault pallets while their power is up. It's quite literally a nothing burger, compared to the killers who can hit survivors over pallets and short walls, aka Artist, Trickster, Huntress, Xeno, Slinger, Doctor, Unknown, Karasu, Springtrap, Vecna, Singularity, Nemmy, Dracula, Pyramid Head, Pinhead, Plague, Clown and Nurse.

    So in comparison to other killers, with frankly more BS mechanics, killers being able to vault in power or having a powered vault as part of antiloop is the least problematic thing about them as a whole.

    and half the time the scamper doesnt even work bc of the built in slowdown the killer gets after vaulting said pallet and loop size… Increase the time it takes to vault it and it becomes usless (like weskers vault)

  • @Rick1998 said:

    have you tried playing pig or bubba in the current emviroment . Just not fun at all.

    I don't play much Pig myself but do play some Bubba and seem to do alright. What's the complaint about Bubba, that it's harder to down all 4 survivors with a single chainsaw sweep given you're more likely to have to chew through a pallet? What problem do you think he's having?

  • @XDgamer018 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4026930#Comment_4026930

    and half the time the scamper doesnt even work bc of the built in slowdown the killer gets after vaulting said pallet and loop size… Increase the time it takes to vault it and it becomes usless (like weskers vault)

    Exactly! BHVR literally put in a "cooldown" for killers who have a "scamper/powered vault" ability before they can follow up with an M1, to basically give survivors a "chance to make distance", which defeats the purpose of the powered vault to begin with.

    Delibertaly nerfing killers, for the sake of survivors.

  • @BrightWolf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4026948#Comment_4026948

    Exactly! BHVR literally put in a "cooldown" for killers who have a "scamper/powered vault" ability before they can follow up with an M1, to basically give survivors a "chance to make distance", which defeats the purpose of the powered vault to begin with.

    Delibertaly nerfing killers, for the sake of survivors.

    I wouldn't call it deliberately nerfing killers for the sake of survivors, I would call it balancing. If killers could vault pallets as effectively as survivors and immediately swing then what's the point of pallets?

  • @Dokta_Carter said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4026844#Comment_4026844

    They said

    1 hate when they use certain addona

    2 hate when ghoul uses their power to tunnel

    This entire time they have been defending his scamper

    I played a few ghoul matches, and i can say his scamper isnt as busted as you say?

    I can understand disliking their scamper, but apparently every single scamper power is to much too? I've seen people saying WESKER and Legions scampers have to go too?

    @BrightWolf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4026878#Comment_4026878

    Exactly that! Ghoul's powered vault is no different to Legion' or Wesker's powered vaults (And Victor to a degree as he can leap over palltes). But suddenly it's an issue only for Ghoul and Chuckey? All because survivors lose their precious frames from their vaulting perks, because the killers have built-in antiloop.

    Seriously, it's like four killers who can vault pallets while their power is up. It's quite literally a nothing burger, compared to the killers who can hit survivors over pallets and short walls, aka Artist, Trickster, Huntress, Xeno, Slinger, Doctor, Unknown, Karasu, Springtrap, Vecna, Singularity, Nemmy, Dracula, Pyramid Head, Pinhead, Plague, Clown and Nurse.

    So in comparison to other killers, with frankly more BS mechanics, killers being able to vault in power or having a powered vault as part of antiloop is the least problematic thing about them as a whole.

    Delusional take both of you legions vault is fast but nonlethal and has to eat a cooldown to make it lethal. Wesker's is just very slow and has a long cooldown which is why it never get him the hit when he does use it.

    Ghouls is fast with a very short cooldown and is lethal that applys a hinder and almost always guarantees a hit or down. If niether of you can see the differences compared to these killers with scamper shows the lack of game knowledge from you.

1 2 ›