i am more anxious for 2.0...
...than i am for the dlc. i have played since the first day this came to consoles and i have never seen so much camping and tunneling. dreadful to play against but i guess some people like that type of thing because it really is the best they can do and it is what they expect from others. the "2-kill to pip for killers" can not go away fast enough. i realize there will still be garbage gameplay but i can't wait to see it ease up a bit.
(forum mentality="he has an opinion different from mine and says it. he must be a troll.")
(forum mentality="he has an opinion different from mine and says it. he must be a troll.")
Comments
spend less time whining on the forums and more time getting gud ingame.
gg
PC player here so I can talk about 2.0
Camping and tunneling is exactly the same as it was before. Looping has only become slightly less effective without the vacuum and the only real change is that survivors who 360 in front of the pallet for BM usually get hit now.
Other than that there have been no real changes. Sure we got cosmetics you can grind now, we got another useless killer and a remade assylum map with big loop spots in the house. So nothing has changed basically besides from the cosmetic store (10 bucks for 1 skin btw)
Edit: I forgot, one thing has changed indeed. Piping as survivor has become a participation reward now, its so easy, I trolled one game as a locker dwight doing nothing and I almost piped
:: cackles maniacally :: ewww...he mad.
welcome news to a baddie such as myself.
heres one of my quadhooks for you to be inspired by
The game forces you to camp and tunnel tbf. It's not the killers fault, it's the devs fault.
Wrong. There are the occasional situations in which camping/tunneling may play out as the best move, but for the most part those are poorly executed tactics by either salty or inexperienced killers (usually a nice little mixture of both) and in the end will cost them a huge chunk of BP compared to if they actually played the game with the slightest fraction of skill.
Ehh, I'm not sure it's accurate to say "for the most part."
Tunneling takes a survivor off the field asap, which slows down generator progress immensely. If you have four survivors on the field with two generators left, it won't matter how many you chase or how well you play, those remaining generators are going to be gone in a minute or so. I use two generators as an example because that's how many are commonly left after the first chase for mid and low tier killers if survivors aren't goofing off. Expecting killers to multi hook in this kind of environment the majority of the time is kind of iffy at best.
Similar logic to tunneling, camping is actually pretty effective. Why? Because survivors might not pip if they all do generators, meaning they have a valid reason to go for unhooks. As soon as each survivor finishes their generator (which commonly happens after you finish your first chase), it's pretty logical to expect them to go for an unhook. Camping wastes their time, slows the game down, and kills the person on the hook simultaneously. It's actually incredibly efficient.
Now I'm not saying I like tunneling and camping, but honestly it's a pretty optimal strategy right now since the most common situations favour them. If the developers want to reduce it, they have to make the game longer somehow and innately reward consistent new chases and hooks.
Edit: As for the concerns about lower BP, it all honestly depends on survivor actions. If they come to the hook, they're making it easier for the killer to locate them, down them, and get more BP as a result. If the survivors rush the final generators instead (which they could, since it takes 80 seconds to solo a gen and 120 seconds for that person to die on a hook) then chances are you couldn't stop it anyway. You might have delayed the game a bit by chasing one person off a gen, but it wouldn't be by that much unless you have an insta down. Man, the more I think about it, the more I realize how much control survivors have these days. How sad
Wouldn't it be EVEN MORE EFFICIENT to camp if the games were longer according to your post?????
You can hook everyone 2 times and still de-pip. Mindgame like crazy, outplay every survivor at every pallet. But the game is over before you get the last hooks. Crazy, game almost wants you to tunnel
@EpicFailTryHard
Please, keep going.
You're kinda cute at this point.
* Pokes with a stick * Move please.
when have i been anything but cute, enchanting and wondrous?
you could always make one with your play-doh set. i hear you have been anxious to show it off. allow me to be your inspiration. your parents would forever be indebted to me for giving you something to occupy your time.
Funny, that is usually how most of my games go and I pip nearly every time.
Kek
i hope you can eventually hook people
keep the light on. bessie. i'm coming home. the jig is up.
Well.. I mean, camping and tunneling bites, don't get me wrong. It really does. It's never fun being the one of your team mates to face off against an Insidious Leatherface, or a cloaked Wraith, but at the same time, we can't really complain too much either, can we? This is a game where as a Survivor, you're considered to be a good player by wasting the killers time, and running him around. A lot of people (I'm not saying you, or me, or everyone), include crutch perks in their daily DbD habits to secure a win or a pip of sorts. You get the typical pallet looping and the vaulting antics. You know? All that stuff that comes with the whole "time-wasting-survivor package". If a killer wants to tunnel and camp after that, or has had that in his past games and is just fed up with it, who's to deny someone of playing the way that they want to play? Especially since it's within the guidelines. Camping, and tunneling is in the game, and as much as I hate it, it is a legitimate tactic, due to the goal of the game being to eliminate all survivors, and prevent them from escaping. Even more so, camping and tunneling can't always prevent or counter the above average SWF 4 mans. If a killer has to secure a win by doing those two things, it's okay. And in my personal opinion, as long as we SWF teams exist. And no.. I'm not talking about the mediocre teams, I'm talking about teams who have enough experience with the game to "booli" the killers, then there's no way we can complain about camping and tunneling killers.
Might be why some people are claiming to feel a camping surge as of late. Camping just lets you get as many points as the survivor allows, and yes, I'd argue that a lot of situations call for it nowadays. I just have trouble bringing myself to actual do it due to fun factor, except tight patrols, which gets labeled as camping.
Oh, yeah totally. I get that. Though I haven't been recently struggling with campers, so much as tunnelers. Which I'm more okay with being tunneled than camped. Tunnelers give an experienced player a wide opening to waste their time given the right maps, and assuming someone else hasn't slammed your pallets. It does have to do with ranks a little bit too, you commonly see campers (especially) right after rank reset, which in that case it's best to counter with DS. And in the high ranks it gets a little bit better, being provided with the new Emblem System. Though, something I must disagree with is that they changed the Emblem System last update to make it easier for both sides to pip. I highly disagree that it being "too hard" for some players to pip as survivor was the issue. I saw the results, and how well it filtered out the Survivors who shouldn't be in the high ranks. The issue in my opinion was, is it was still kind of easy for killers to get their pips, so in the high ranks you would still come across campers... Now with it seemingly easier again for both sides to gain their beloved pips.... I feel like this DBD Season entails a lot more campers and tunnelers making their merry ways to the top. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is how I feel about it. Sorry for the rambling.
Tunneling is always the best move, explain a situation where it is not most effective please
Tunneling implies that you are zeroed in on one survivor and you're ignoring everything and everyone just to ensure—or hope really—you can catch them. If it was a simple chase that lasted less than a minute or two, it wouldn't be considered tunneling, but if you allow a survivor to distract you for longer than that while the others are completing objectives... Well, I guess that's a strategy. Just not a good one.
Haha nice joke. Every time some survivor unhooks while I am still close and I down the saved guy, then I am called out for tunneling.
And yes if there is a wounded survivor somewhere and even if the chase would last 5 minutes, I only need one hit. Chasing the other idiot who is clicking with his flashlight at me woudl require 3 hits to down him, why should I do that?
If I allow a survivor to distract me long enough for others to do gens, then its my fault? Please explain how I can do better, I am really curious. Am I supposed to chase another one, so that he can distract me?
Salty survivors will call you out for tunneling/camping even if you aren't guilty of it. That doesn't change the definitions of those terms.
It's adorable that you're tossing out all these what-if scenarios but we all know that not every match plays out the same. I already said that there are the occasion situations where, yeah, tunneling or even camping would be the best move. But if you heavily rely on those tactics every match, then you need to rethink your strategy.
Yup. Pretty much. 👏
i hope you figure out how to hook people eventually
so undeserving of better, am i.