The (Blighted) tail is wagging the dog
I'm not the first to say this, but I think the core of this game's balancing issues is that BHVR is trying to balance it around the most overpowered killers— Nurse and Blight, and to a slightly lesser extent Wesker, Ken, and Krasue. This leaves all the other killers feeling absolutely miserable to play.
I think we need significant, TARGETED nerfs for the aforementioned killers— THEN we can buff the rest of the killer lineup and bring them up to par, as well as rebalance survivor gameplay accordingly. I think we can all agree on this; I'm sure survivor mains would be glad to not have to sweat against the same 5 top-tier killers every match, and I'm sure killer mains would be glad to be able to feel like a threat while playing killers other than those five.
And I think BHVR would be glad to no longer be hemorrhaging players because of the stranglehold Nurse and Blight still have on the metagame. Please consider.
Comments
this is literally one of their largest health issues this game has IMO. It's annoying they are power creeping with new killers as part of their way to sell them.
The power creep is real, leaving most of the Killer Line-up in the dust.
And some Killer mains are so good they can stomp solo's with anyone.
A strong Swf can challenge most Killer's.
Add in the randomness of the maps and it's a complete mess of unbalanced chaos.
But hey, the kill rate favors Killer and Solo Survivor makes you want to uninstall.
I agree with the idea that S tier Killers like Blight and Nurse have been too overpowered for far too long and need some adjustments.
I also agree that newly released Killers like Krasue and Kaneki are overtuned to an unfun degree and need readjustments to fall back in line.
I do not consider Wesker anyway near those 4 in power. His Dash ability and infection mechanic keep him manageable yet threatening, and I'd even say he's one of the best balanced killers in the game against experienced and inexperienced teams respectively.
I'll admit I'm kinda biased against Wesker 'cause I don't find most dash killers interesting and making him a simple dash killer was an insult to his depth in Resident Evil, but I can concede that people like him for reasons I don't. We can focus on the others for now.
I've never understood when Wesker gets listed like this. I have more hours with him than anyone and he has one of my most mediocre stats. He's not that crazy. Give him that third dash from 2v8 and then maybe. As is, he's pretty easy to counter if you're not going against a pro.
I feel Wesker is where the dash killers should be in terms of power, he has just the right amount of mobility that doesn't break the game, and can't just break pallets for free like blight can.
it's still so funny blight gets 5 charges but wesker only gets 2, maybe Blight should only get 2. (since he can break pallets)
we need to target high mobility, it's broken in any game.
Blight and Nurse are fine. They take skill unlike certain S-tier killers (Ghoul and the Krasue). The problem, imo, is BHVR balancing around SWFS. Solo queue gets nothing. Most of the player base is getting a giant middle finger. They wussed out on anti-tunneling because it would have been too "overpowered" in the hands of SWFs.
A few things here:
Agreed. The SWF/solo-queue disparity is very, very rough, and unfortunately, I can't think of a lot of ways to nerf SWFs since their core advantage comes from them using third-party comms, which BHVR can't regulate. All I can think of is to give solo-queue survivors proximity chat and then nerf survivors hard, but I can't see that going over well…
Bro truly thinks that Wesker is top 5 killer
Both blight and nurse can stand to be nerfed sure, but there is 0 evidence they are balancing the game around them. What have they added to the game that is making nurse weaker? A ton of filler pallets nurse can play easier than most normal tiles? Same with blight, do we really think blight can't easily play around these double pallets they keep adding? Nope. In fact a lot of these tiles are easier to play for him than older filler tiles. They have been moving this way map design wise for a long time and if anything it's hurting low to mid tier killers and doing nothing to the top.
Same with the proposed tunneling and slugging changes, people have just hated those things forever. They aren't targeted towards any specific killer.
Also The worst killers in the game can't really be buffed much, they just don't have the design to gain that much power without being extremely unfun for most survivors, look at what happened with clown who was always my prime example on this matter. Some of them you might be able to get to a low B tier without causing issues but not too many. Go look at otz's new tier list and outside of demo and myers there is very little left in each killers power budget in C tier. If anything the high B's have the most capacity to receive buffs.